1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Some are.

MacEwan likes this.
  2. Sin

I'll go out on a limb here and say 90% of the supporters wanting him sacked now never wanted him in the first place, the other 10% just got over the "At least we have a manager now".

3. Maestro 08

:56: are you ok? You're all over the place. Accusing people of trolling, looking for bites, having 2nd accounts. You're swinging about like a mad man whilst claiming to be the calmest man in the room.

Aye there's about 1 person wanting him gone in a forum of hundreds. Calm doon!

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I generally have a more optimistic outlook on all things Celtic, but there's nothing I disagree with here.

martin_d likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Has it been 6 months already ?

You clearly missed the majority accepting that this season would be a struggle. The same people seem to have forgotten about it as well right enough.

MacEwan likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There’s more than 1. That’s 1 more than the none that you claimed anyway.

And some of the things I say is satire. Don’t take everything you read on the internet at face value.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Saying he's struggling in the EL is a bit of a stretch ffs. We've played 1 game and lost by 1 goal away at a pretty good La Liga team. With half our squad injured.

Even before that game, I'd have snapped your hand off for a 3rd place finish.

8. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Happy with a 3rd place finish in the EL, * me we have fallen

oh bhoy and dmccourt95 like this.
  9. bigmac7288

90% of the supporters know how This will end.

Sadly I do not see the board backing Ange to play the style he wants to play. We still have the same old backroom staff on board, No sports science.

the man that came out creaming himself saying this is my MAN no longer works as CEO.

we have no defence and no depth in squad this was already knowing before Ange came in . The board are fully downsizing the club so in Jan we willnt be buying prob a few loans.

10. Al Bootyerbaws

Have you just logged on here 5 mins ago?

11. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Was at the game & what a * disgrace from both the team & manager.

We all said it before Ange came in that the hurdle would be winning tough away games. 3 games in & they have lost them all FFS. We created * all today & kept tossing crosses in to a box which suited the home team defence. Ange made NO changes to make any difference in that game :47:

In 90 minutes we had a Welsh header straight to the keeper. The Ajeti chance & that all i can remember. Shocking from this great football we cane see :56:

I don't give a * about Europe this season but the league is a must & Ange has been left wanting.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Surely not… he exaggerates everything to make it sound far worse and the comparison to Lennon is the most embarrassing part. It’s actually quite a snide use of language to push his agenda.

“Struggling in Europa” when we’ve played one game against a good Betis side away and lost 4-3. Hardly struggling.

“Lost every away game domestically”, we’ve only played 3 and they’ve all been in the league.

“Conceding goals for fun” and “struggling to break down dross”, we’ve scored the most goals in the league and we’ve conceded joint least. We’ve destroyed 3 teams.

He’s acting like it’s a disaster. It’s not. We have to find our away form and a plan b against teams camping in their box. It needs to happen next Sunday. I’m worried, but there’s * saying sack him and get Strachan in ffs.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye we have fallen.

Do you expect us to be able to finish above the 6th best teams in Germany and Spain, who have German, French, Brazilian, Portuguese and Argentinian international players in their squad?

In reality, there's no way we should be finishing above the likes of Betis or Leverkusen.

Dannybhoy81 and MacEwan like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think folk just need to take a breath, we were poor today on the worst surface for Ange's type of football, hopefully he learned from it and we see a different approach the next time we visit there..

There's been a lot of positives that for me still outweigh the negatives, nothing is won or lost in September..

15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sorry mate. Why should we see a different approach next time we play them? We have 2 coaches that Ange is happy to keep that can tell him all he needs to know about Livi but seems to have took none of this on board. I'm happy to give Ange some time but * me some times you need to play a system that suits the game. Especially in Scotland. When appointing Ange every fan said would he be able to break teams down, seems not.

16. Maestro 08

Yeah you're right, my mistake.

17. Sgt Neppers*

As he stated a few days ago, we're in a state of flux with players, but so should his tactics and subs to reflect that. Whilst not entirely his fault, he takes a fair bit of blame today.

Now, he needs a few things to happen. He needs the injured players back ASAP. Kyogo, Calmac, Julien. That's the spine of the team there. Plus a fit Mcarthy, Giakoumakis, and Forrest. If they're all fit and ready, then that'll be a big difference.

He needs a few of his own coaches in now ffs. However well * Laurel & Hardy have adapted to him and his methods, they're out their depth and are part of the problem of this decline of ours. They couldn't break Livi last year, what could they do now to change it. So absolutely fresh eyes, thoughts and perspective is a must for Ange with people he wants and knows.

Last one for now, but the other things behind the scenes. Head of Sport science, data analysts, nutrionists etc. I feel out fitness is lacking at times so all this would give us more over the course of the season. Data analysts would aid massively as well. So effective now. All the team in Europe around our level are doing it to level up against the big teams as a way round the financial gap. Even the huns have employed this on the back of Beale and it has showed to a degree, I.e no great individuals but a well organised and drilled team of fit players.

We claim to be big, let's think big and professionally and get these things going. But with the * up of our CEO position, who knows what's going on.

18. StevieBhoooy!

Had to wait a few hours in a darkened room to calm down on this and let the usual reactionary arguing settle down….

Feeling really down about this result… I realise it’s a bit of a hoodoo fixture for us but shouldn’t be and really thought this was the time the hex got smashed.

Im probably most * off with our general squad condition/state at the moment … and how it’s fragile state is being mismanaged.

Im not laying it all at Anges door (although selection and subs are 100% his)….

We are an utter shambles when it comes to fitness and injuries. As if our squad depth isn’t thin enough…

…. we have a badly missed defender (CJ) who will be renewing his contract from the treatment table, Jamesy out yet again at a critical time (injuries and fitness badly managed) , best signing in years out through international duty, our captain out now, new signings who aren’t fit to play…. As if our injuries and fitness record isnt bad enough… we are even signing them in that state…. And (right or wrong) now even dealing with players out through religious observance.

If Hart and/or Ajeti get injured we are in deep shtook.

Its only mid September and we are ragged on the pitch and the benches look worse than a second string on a testimonial game.

The thought of what we might look like late December when the (possible) attrition of competing on four fronts is frightening.

—————-
    Needed a good vent of feelings after today. Not sure it’ll do my mood any good, still sooo * off.

AussieGreek and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  19. bigmac7288

your right nothing is won in September but we have already lost 3 games this season. Last season under the dinosaur we lost 5 in a full season it’s worrying times

Artorias and trackebhoy like this.
  20. Maestro 08

I exaggerate everything! yet here you are literally exaggerating to make your point. You don't do irony do you.

I'm not going through this post because you're talking absolute nonsense and always get ubsurdly defensive when someone challenges you back.

Just to be clear with you.....I DON'T want the manager sacked but I'll defend people's right to criticise his failings so far and IF things go the way they have so far he'll be hounded out by January. That's just a fact.