1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'm getting worried...

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Wasn’t a reply was it bawbag.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Two at least and another one just said so in here too.

4. Maestro 08

So are you telling me the 12 players he brought in aren't good enough. That's disappointing from him tbh.

5. Forza 67

You're quite the * aren't you, all offended at fans for not accepting dross, get a grip.

6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    There is in-between though, as we saw late against AZ when we were two goals up and played at least a bit more conservatively, including kicking it long from goal kicks.

Against Betis, it was more a case of us losing control against a good side and not having the players to deal with that. Replace McGregor with Soro and you'll have those problems.

7. Maestro 08

Yeah, he won't get that kinda time here. You and I know that. He'll get until the Jan window if he's within single digits and then it will be a matter of months unless he claws it back. That's just how it goes.

8. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It doesn't work that way in football though does it. Most teams in Scotland are * gash. But put them against us on a * plastic pitch and we occasionally will have an off day.

Hope that clears it up

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If that's our plan b then * me gently..

Pearse67* likes this.
  10. Maestro 08

Celtic managers don't get time to build. Win or bust guys. Even the ones saying otherwise will want him out by January if things continue the way they are now.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Only thing I’m not accepting is you wanting him sacked in September you melt.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    And those are the facts...

Maestro 08 likes this.
  13. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    The fact we're at least 3 decent players away from even having a bog-standard squad is an absolute * reflection on a board that have had from February to plan for this season. Ange was maybe a bit naive taking on this poisoned chalice. I have decided today that I'm never gonna blame him, because that's where the board would want me to put the blame.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Yet everyone on here admitted that this season would be a struggle and the huns would more than likely win the league. Now, 6 games in, the same people are panicking like * and wanting another rebuild to start.

Some people need to calm down and look at the bigger picture.

15. CLLScottBroon8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This has Celtic Statement, Ange Postecoglou has resigned with immediate effect, we thank Ange for his efforts, Ex manager Gordon Strachan will take over until the end of season whilst we look for a "new manager", WGS wins Scottish Cup, celtic statement we have appointed Gordon Strachan as permanent manager. WRITTEN ALL OVER IT IF THINGS DON'T IMPROVE

16. Forza 67

Let's get him now and we can still win the league, can't see it happening under Ange, I'm afraid. Do we give him the month of October and go further behind?

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We all know that we need another couple of transfer windows to help build our team as we are far from the finished article and we all knew that we would have a few dodgy moment's under Ange's reign. So, personally, I'm raging at both today's lack lustre performance from the players together with his failure to change the team sooner as it just wasn't working. He is also on a learning curve and that's why I'm willing to have some patience but surely to * someone must have told him the way Livi would play

ddub11 likes this.
  18. CLLScottBroon8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No I'd give him til January I've never wanted a manager to succeed as much as I want ange too

19. apevrak

I'm saying the squad as it stands won't win league titles. We're weaker than last season. That's down to the board and their lack of ambitions imo.

20. CountyDownFaithful

When Ange was unveiled as manager it was well reported that we were in for a bit of a rollercoaster with his style of football and the time it takes for players to adjust to it.

We are certainly seeing that at the moment. The big wins against Dundee and St Mirren playing some scintillating football, Kyogo getting off to a flyer and beating AZ 2-0 at CP have all been high points. But we’ve had just as many, if not more, lows than highs this season.

The fact of the matter is we still have a ton of work to do. At this moment in time, it’s difficult to see us competing for the title. 6 games into the season and we are 6th in the league and haven’t picked up any points in the league. I believe in Ange but he needs to learn fast and get the team showing a good level of consistency. He needs to find a Plan B for unlocking packed defences as we will face that all season and tightening up our defending - not just the back four but learning how to defend as a unit.