1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

The way it's going in 6 months the league will be gone and the huns will have straight access to £40 million pounds and the ability to clear their debts. This can't just be a transition year, there's so, so much to play for.

2. Mr Diggler

The problem is in six months time the league could be out of reach or we could at least be off the pace. I think we will have to wait and see as he does need time but more losses and a continuation of Angeball with zero pragmatism could see us in trouble and the carrot of the Champions league gone.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Utter waffle..

Go 2 up on Spain and he's still got us going for it like a heavyweight thriller in manila..

We couldn't even hold a 2 goal lead for 15 minute's til half time!.

The game was out of sight within about 20 odd minute's..

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

There is a lot of overreacting, absolutely. But the criticism is valid, his results have been * poor so far, and fans are right to moan.
    He needs to win the next 4 or 5 league games to buy some good faith back.

5. Mr Diggler

Aye dead on. If you cant see the failings from Thursday night you are deluded.

limezer likes this.
  6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

We look more like a basketball team than a football one.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye we score 2 pointers and they score 3..

Cena likes this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Who do you bring in ? Strachan ? Nobody is a safe bet so the huns are getting that CL group stage. Everybody accepted it a month or two ago, now they're all wanting rid of a guy that's had to start from scratch because he lost to a team we've struggled to beat for years.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

As I said, if he sat back at 2 nil we could still have lost the same goals. Our defence is pish, our midfield is weak. We don't have the players to sit back and defend a lead. He could have came out from the start defensively and lost 3 nil and he would get criticised for not going at them. I would rather get beaten the way we did than sit off these teams and go out without giving them a game personally.

Chieftain likes this.
  10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

"He's a winner though. Guarantees success."

Cena and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    So don't even try to see it out for a short spell?
    Are we just no even gonna try and sort out how bad we are on the training ground, just accept that we'll go for it at every turn?

We may well of conceded those goals by sitting back but we've no tried it. I know one thing, we're guaranteed to concede those goals everytime if we carry on like that and don't wise up..

12. Maestro 08

Well I don't know about others but I never accepted it. Its not as if we're also rans in this 2 horse race...a couple of wise appointments and we easily run away with it.

Why you mentioning Strachan as if that's the only option.

Don't give a rats * about safe bets etc I just want to win and that's the duty of those in the boardroom. We all pay good money, get it * sorted and give us what we want....a winning team.

AP talks a good game, so far he hasn't backed it up, that's cool for an Aberdeen but at Celtic it's win or bust regardless. Surely you know this by now.

bhoy81 likes this.
  13. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Absolute madness on here talking about chopping Ange now. Fs get a grip. The man needs TIME! Today was disappointing and it had better be the last result of its kind for a long time. But chasing Ange now? What would that gain? Who would be brought in? Strachan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. limezer

Far too early for me to criticise, but this was certainly the worst performance under Ange.
    Tbf McCarthy and Turnbull both played poorly and Ajeti is just not good enough.

15. Mr Diggler

Exactly the type of naivety Ange displays. If it had been a topsy-turvy turvy game- we score one they pull it back then we go ahead again onlyto be pegged back we'll then sure we gave it a go and that's how it goes. To be 2 up and still bombing forward against such quality opposition is frankly ridiculous. We were in total control but showed zero in game management of adjusting to what was happening.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Didn’t hear that, but that definitely is alarming.

Everyone wants to play attractive football, and it isn’t in any way exclusive to Celtic or Ange. The one constant I’ve seen over the past 30 or so years of watching Celtic is that winning counts far more than style, even if we talk about doing things ‘the Celtic way’.

Winning games leads to winning trophies. Win trophies domestically and make the club proud in Europe and you can basically go down as a legend here. Lose games, and fail to win trophies, and you’ll be gone within a few months really, and that’s irrespective of how attractive the football on display is.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Anyone saying Ange out are the same that were happy Lennon returned.

Absolute dinosaurs.

18. Forza 67

You're Talking bollocks now just as you said everyone's a troll if they have a different view point, I was entirely against Lennon returning.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You are a troll. If you’re saying Ange out you’re a troll. No two ways about. Either that or you’ve been brainwashed by the EPL or too much FIFA and completely lost touch with reality in football.

You were too much of a shitebag to reply in the game thread and say what you meant.

HTG and The Don like this.
  20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I fully agree that we could’ve lost regardless.

For me though, we should’ve tried to slow the game down. They say being 2-0 up is a difficul score line to navigate because you don’t know wether to go for more or protect what you’ve got, but I think I’m this game it felt pretty clear. Don’t park the bus or invite pressure, but slow the game down, don’t commit so many players forward, retain possession, break up the flow of the game etc.

To be fair; we were all warned that there would be no deviation in his tactical outlook. It’s still surprising to see that in practice though.

The Prof likes this.