1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Not got an issue with Boli today tbh buy you're right on Bitton. Not only is his ability as a player up for debate but his mentality and the fact he's let the manager down in big moments this season should mean he's never seen again.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There's a naivety in his approach and thinking on the game, his lack of a plan b will probably be his undoing.

3. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm leaning towards agreeing with you in that we may not be getting better at all.

We could well have our season finished for us at Christmas, something I happen to think is quite likely.

Again though, there's blame to go round and the majority of it lies above Ange in my view.

King of Kings and Maestro 08 like this.
  4. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Your away record is * deplorable, get tae *.

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Same way we were strong favourites to beat Hearts and Livingston?

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. JamesM09

It does mean that. * :56:

If a team is rotten we should be pumping them and if we’re not we should rightly be criticised.

* bizarre statement that.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. Maestro 08

Livi will be relegation contenders this season. To think we shouldn't be wiping the floor with them is sad. Get this guy a job with the PLC, they'll love him.

Free the Adblock and JamesM09 like this.
  9. Mr Diggler

Something he said in his interview rang alarm bells. He felt we didn't play our football today. Fair enough we didn't but then a good manager will exercise pragmatism and make in game changes to at least ensure we don't lose. He did neither. We just kept playing the same way. If Plan B is to do Plan A but better then I am afraid in this league you will come badly unstuck. And the fans will not accept it.

10. Jeffrey

Ive always said I have a real worry when a manager says any of the following things:

1. I will never shy away from playing football/Will never compromise my system

2. I’d rather a (insert high scoring game) than a boring win

These are nice soundbites for the manager of a ‘contender’ type team, but absolutely nonsensical for a team like Celtic. The whole ‘playing the Celtic way’ thing is another wee phrase that gets flung about. The Celtic way is winning. Winning at any cost. The result is the main priority. Rodgers didn’t get this, and domestically we cleaned up. But against better opposition we had some severe beatings. A good manager must compromise, shut shop when need be and grind out results. If Ange doesn’t show any of these qualities, he will not last long.

James likes this.
  11. Maestro 08

Let's be honest he's already come unstuck. If he doesn't change things pronto he won't see the new year in.

littlekennie and The Prof like this.
  12. Mr Diggler

His lack of in game management is a huge concern. It was the same on Thursday night. Go 2 up away from home it should be clear to sit in and hit on the break. Possibly you end up drawing if the team you are playing is good enough but to be 4-2 down 20 minutes later is just naivety in the extreme. Zero in game changes to rectify the situation. Even just having players drop or the full backs sitting in. Nothing- just bomb forward. Today was the same. No Plan B. Just keep playing. Initially I didn't think he would see the new year. Then the football at home made me buy in a little with caveats. We are going to struggle under Anges purist approach I think that much is obvious now.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We will never win the league if his thoughts are if they score we will score four ….. * Neanderthal outlook to be honest football is much more than going * gung ho this team can play and attack that’s a * given what should be happening for the next two weeks is that back line have every * * attacking scenario done to it in training until they are comfortable at defending and please get Kennedy and laptop banished to b team as the rot will never go away until they are out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Aye and if we won all 3 it wouldn’t have been a miracle ffs and those fixtures are historically tougher for us than the 3 upcoming.

The hyperbole on here after a defeat just * me right off. Defeatist bollocks and thinking changing the manager solves all problems.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

Yip that's always been the concern. When you heard his fans saying he will just keep attacking and try to go toe to toe with the European elite then the alarm bells weren't just ringing but blaring at full volume. At two up on Thursday it was as clear as day we should have reigned it in and been a lot smarter. The end result genuinely wasn't a surprise. He's very naive.

16. Forza 67

It's pretty glaring that we are going nowhere unless we flick a switch, we look like we will struggle every away game.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It was quite alarming to me that he actually said on Thursday he'd rather lose 4-3 playing the way we did than park the bus for a bit..

Sounds great but in reality that won't cut it..

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm usually a proper negative * but * me, give the guy time. See when he's been here 6 months and had another window to get the guys he needs, when we have a full squad to choose from, that is the time to properly judge the guy. He's having to chop and change the team every game just about due to injuries.

Folk talking about bringing in Gordon Strachan. * me man. As if last season wasn't hard enough to watch.

Orsenfelt and Wllm like this.
  19. Maestro 08

Aye that wears thin pretty quickly.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wish * would shut up about parking the bus during the week as well. If he had done that and we lost anyway the same folk would be saying they were there for the taking and we should have went for the kill, no doubt.