1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FairDinkumMate

They did well with Bain, Taylor and two teenage CBs plus Soro. Opponents were missing some but that was a team that drew with Liverpool and Atalanta in last season’s CL

gazb1888 likes this.
  2. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Fuckoff. You're at it.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Never answered my question though. On the evidence of what we seen should we have got past Midtjyland ? We took 4 points of a team who were better than PSG last season but what point does that prove in the grand scheme of things ?

4. Mr. Slippyfist

I think, even MORE worryingly, that he's serious...

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think he will play Carter vickers over welsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mr Diggler

I am a fan of Ange but the Bayer Leverkusen game now is a really big game for him. In the 6 games against decent opposition this season we have only won once. Now its fair to say that even to be in this position is an achievement when you consider the Eddie Howe debacle and the state of the team he took over. However I would like to see him be a bit more pragmatic- he is at Celtic now and playing well but losing will only be tolerated so many times. If it continually happens against better sides he will come under pressure. I see some encouraging signs for us and even a draw against Leverkusen would be excellent. I would like to see him get a result like the AZ one just to give us the boost again and really kick-start our season.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A very obvious and bad attempt.

Xatraps likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The gimpy * never stuck Shved in..

9. FairDinkumMate

No I did answer the question. With the team put out and time Ange had with the team at that time, we should not have got past them…could’ve but not should’ve as if we were favourites.

10. Scubaroo

Everything on the park seems pretty standard of a postecoglou rebuild. There's still a long way to go and to play like that against a club like bets makes me think we're ahead of where we want to be. We still have time and still have January.
    Infact the team that played last night isn't even a shadow of what we will have when julian, Forrest, kyogo, McCarthy, giakoumakis, Ababa etc... we've got alot of improvement.

craigtheceltic and Zanderama like this.
  11. bigmac7288

Yeah your right we are pretty standard Welcome to Celtic, Celtic mangers don’t have time to be pretty standard we have already lost 2 league games. We can’t afford to lose anymore games from now to the new year. I know where you are coming from we do have guys that are injured but as it stands Ange willnt have long we need to win every game

12. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Always disappointing to lose when 2 goals up, but to put things in perspective, Igleasias cost Betis £25 million. Nabil Fakir around £18 million. The fact that tonight's ragtag bunch of misfits managed to play them on mostly even terms has to be of some encouragement.

FairDinkumMate likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Wish you'd * off and troll another forum.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

:giggle1:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far.

Look at the state we were in last season. The players were rotten, pretty much to a man. Since then we've lost our best defender and best striker. And yet we've qualified for the EL - beating a handy AZ team to get there. A few months ago they'd have hammered us home and away.

Yes we've lost twice in the league but the game against the huns could have gone either way and the game at Hearts was the first of the season and our squad was nowhere near settled.

Not getting carried away at all but I don't know what people were expecting. We're playing some of the best football we've seen in a long, long time. A number of players are looking revitalised. Most of the signings have started well. This was always going to take time to get right.

16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Played 6 away, lost 5, need to improve that ASAP.

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I agree and I said AZ was the big plus of his time here (The home leg anyway). I don't deny we are far better than last season but realistically the only team of any note we have beat is AZ at home. Midtjyland was more than beatable. They were also there for the taking at Ibrox and his selection shafted us that day. Hearts as well granted it was the first game but we were really poor against a newly promoted team. Domestically at home we've been really good but not played anyone really aside from Hearts who we still lost 2 goals to (We were brilliant that day tbf)

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Given the volume of issues he is dealing with every single time we go into a game against decent opposition I still have high hopes that with a full deck of cards and a fair wind injury wise that we’ll be winning these games instead of lamenting about what might have been.

The fine margins are dropping against us but when you weigh up those missing, the high volume of player turnover, the lack of squad depth, the amount of new players we are chucking in at the deep end, the lack of coaching time, the shock to the system of the new energetic style of play and everything else in between - he’s doing well to even be competing against the likes of Betis this early in in his time here.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye there's no getting away from it, there's a few tricky game's we've had where we should've won and haven't..

The Danes home and away when we had them on the ropes
    The diets away. Were robbed of talking the lead to go 2-1 up to be fair
    The Huns away. Missed so many big chances

The good thing is we are still improving and gelling as a side. A number of new player's just starting to get game time or still no even played yet..

There's no doubting we need to sort out our defence and how we seem to panic, capitulate under pressure but hopefully we can tighten up once we build an understanding..

Lot's to do but we're more than on the right track. Going forward and the way we build our play and counter, is really easy on the eye..

craigtheceltic and James like this.
  20. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    I love big Ange Bhoy. Honestly think give him a year to get his own team/players together, and when they get up to speed with his way of playing we'll be a different team. He's still in the process of building a team, and two of our best players have been sold. His signings have mostly been good too. Give him time. He said himself recently that this is only the beginning

ynwa1987 likes this.