1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not gonna be too harsh on the guy

Indifferent towards him tbh

* mammoth task given the sleekit rats in the Boardroom and the backroom staff he has been landed with

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

He needs to come out and slaughter the board here and not give it this we played well in spells *

3. themouth1888

Can I get money back from my ST? If I had bought a car it was so * a few weeks later I could?!

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Yes, he's been left short as * in terms of squad depth, but he has to take his share of the blame tonight.

Anyone with even half an eye could see Abada right and Forrest left wasn't working.

Our fullbacks are too * and too inept in terms of any footballing brain to learn how to play cutting inside.

Bullied, yet again, by even the shitiest of footballing teams who show any form of physicallity.

Bitton over Welsh, another poor choice.

Turnbull has been a * ghost, Christie (as * as he's been) has been bursting his balls, should've started.

Edouard has offered absolutely * nothing. Ajeti would be as well packing his bags and walking away if he can't even get a substitiute appearance over this * charlatan.

Aye, things are looking very VERY grim...

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Too early to judge but I'm not feeling too confident in him now. Can see why we wasted 4 months on howe.

6. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sorry what?!?

Think you got the wrong guy mate.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Folk are point blank refusing to blame him. That starting 11 is more than good enough to beat Hearts. Our front 5 were anonymous, created next to * all, and he waits to the * end of the match to make some subs.
    He needs to wisen up defensively and quickly. We are constantly being caught out short at the back

honda, Cena, Raoul Duke and 4 others like this.
  8. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    You’re not listening: this has little to do with the fans and everything to do with market confidence and the share price.

Sooner or later, the board - and eventually Desmond’s status as largest shareholder - would be very unlikely to survive a manager suddenly quitting and blaming the board’s lack of backing.

The difference with the Bielsa situation is that it’s a matter of observable fact that we’ve not filled certain positions before the start of the season. Ange would therefore have evidence of what he’d be alleging.

9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Having no plan is going to cost him regardless of what players he has.

10. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Sorry mate, got you mixed up.

Xatraps likes this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    When he does something good he will be praised when he * it up he should be criticised.

Tonight for me Ange got it wrong, his set up, tactics and subs where awful.

We are wanting to win the game and going two up top would have made a difference. He left it too late to bring on fresh legs, like he did in midweek and we got punished for it.

I’m not saying he is not the man to take us forward but he looked lost out there tonight when his plan A never worked.

people can go on about how bad we are at the back, I get that but we are worse in the final third and that’s frightening when we do have quality players on the park.

Still no competitive wins for Ange, this has to change in the next week.

Peej likes this.
  12. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He's not looking good so far.

honda likes this.
  13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Forrest should never have started on the left.
    Bitton should never have started.
    Subs too late.
    Edouard lasting 90.
    The f/bs are poor, let them do their job. Implement the system when you have the personnel.

All on him tonight.

14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's * bullshit

jambo_cfc and paulie walnuts like this.
  15. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Not looking good. The entire club is a disgrace the board need to be forced out immediately

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. JamesM09

The share price doesn’t change as much as people think it does, and it certainly won’t change rapidly because a football a manager leaves.

We lost a chance at £40m+ the other night and I bet it barely shifted. You’re kidding yourself if you think a Celtic manager chucking it is causing any sort of change in the Celtic boardroom due to share price shifts. I’m sorry it just doesn’t work like that.

Even if it did Desmond and his cronies own enough of the shares to dictate how the board is formed.

The only thing that will force serious change at Celtic is a significant reduction in season ticket income. Period. It’s as simple as that.

The whole business is built around it. Celtic is a service and we are the customers, who pay annual subscriptions. If we cancelled those subscriptions the business will change, because it would quickly fail otherwise.

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

No fecking manager of Celtic should ever be tactically out thought by Robbie fecking Neilson !!

18. Moustache

The board still take the majority of the blame for me tonight.

You shouldn’t hire a manager with such a defined philosophy regarding how he wants his team to play and then mess him around when it comes to actually bringing in the required personnel. It’s disgraceful that we not only allowed anyone to inherit that back line, but that we’ve continued to * around when it comes to making new signings - particularly in regards to the fullbacks. The squad is threadbare, to say the least, with a serious lack of depth and quality in numerous positions, yet the board don’t seem to be in any sort of rush to address it.

In saying that, Ange does need to take some criticism for tonight. He absolutely needs to sort out the situation with subs. You shouldn’t be waiting until after the 70th minute to make a substitution, particularly when there’s very obvious subs to be made that potentially would’ve made a difference. I hated it with Lennon, and I’m hoping it won’t become an issue with Ange.

FrankMcCallum and Jamesy Bhoy 7 like this.
  19. G40B

The state of the squad is on him.

This board is in no position to negotiate, given the masses baying for them.

I doubt they’d be messing about if the manager was threatening to walk two months in.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Getting wide to interviewers when they've not said anything remotely cheeky isn't a good look especially after a defeat

Artorias and Cena like this.