1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ynwa1987

I am slightly worried that he might be the kind of manager that loves late substitutions. He put Rogic on with like 3 minutes to go or something. Also put on Christie and Furahashi far too late imo.

We are a team in transition and I am willing to be patient with Ange, hes been handed a club in absolute chaos.

2. Lewis Kerr

Made some bizarre calls tonight

- Bitton back in for Welsh
    - Dropping Christie
    - Not making any subs until 75 mins
    - Playing Greg Taylor

Its so hard to judge him right now though with this team. Eddy needs to go, we need at least 5 new players to come STRAIGHT in to the team. Our lack of options is unforgivable

Ange worries me a bit though. We look utterly * defensively, he supposedly sanctioned deals for Ralston and Griffiths; and as those two clowns Strachan and Kennedy are still stinking out the place. He's going to feel very alone tonight

Crilly and paulie walnuts like this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I appreciate that he’s in a difficult situation but do you think he managed that game well?

Peej likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Tonight the blame lies with Ange, on a game by game basis here.
    He should have done more, sooner.

He's been sold short though and needs help. Dom witnessed that tonight, he better * sort it out and support the manager here.

But we can't sit back and excuse things that are still fixable on a game by game basis.
    Forrest should have been switched flanks a lot sooner, subs a lot sooner, to say the least.
    The backline was getting caught out constantly, no support was given.

rudebhoy67 and paulie walnuts like this.
  5. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've liked very much how he's dealt with the media.
    I'm not convinced on him tactically. Maybe it's the squad, who knows. Either way I'm yet to be completely won over by him.

Crilly likes this.
  6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    True, but it’ll have nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the share price, as it always does with them.

There’s zero way this board will survive having a recently-appointed manager resign and directly blame them.

7. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Playing edouard for 90 mins and no subs until 75 was baffling as well, period after the goal the subs could have won that for us but we let hearts back into the ascendancy and then made the changes.

Spring Time, martin_d and Peej like this.
  8. wulliebad

I worry our whole season depends on selling eddy for a good price.

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I find it really odd how worked up people get about a few Australians showing some enthusiasm for a manager they're fond of.

It's like if you weren't born within 10 miles of Celtic Park you're not allowed to post on here sometimes.

Coincidentally it's the same people moaning about 'Angeball' as if it's not working after 6 months and not a few weeks and handful of games.

10. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

It's very much a squad issue. On the whole it's practically all the team thats been regressing the past 2 seasons that we're still running with.

Change doesn't happen overnight.

11. jj81

He should have insisted on his own backroom staff , they 2 fuds need to go man

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes, he has been dealt a poor hand so far. But let's be honest here. The players we had on the pitch are better than the players hearts have on the pitch, in most areas.

Sure, the board are largely to blame for the state we are in, but, he now has to start sharing some of that blame. The fact that we lost to a newly promoted side tonight is largely on his shoulders.

Xatraps and Peej like this.
  13. murphy88

Postecoglou is a * in this game. I won’t blame a guy who should never be in the position in the first place. Board have * the fans over again, too many folk have fallen for it sadly.

Twisty likes this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Well expand on why you thought my point was bullshit. He knows nothing about Scottish football and you’re not convinced by his tactics. How was it bullshit?

15. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Wish he made subs sooner and I think christie should've started but any team is going to struggle with such a weak foundation at the back, the 2 fullbacks particularly are killing us at the moment especially since fullbacks are vital to how ange wants to play.
    It's going to take getting the right players in and alot of time to get to the place we want to be.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

That's twice his lack of subs have cost us big time. I either see him leaving if he doesn't get what he wants from the board within this window or not making it til xmas.

We were promised we would score loads and concede loads at least we've stuck to one of those promises

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Still, very early for him..

It's going to take more than one season.

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I've said in this thread that I think he should have made subs earlier. But so say he doesn't know anything about how Scottish football is played is just false. He'll have done his research. He's in a shiter of a situation, but he's not the first nor will he be the last manager who'll get beat at Tynecastle.

Its literally the first league game, he's been here 50 days or so and been hamstrung by a board that aren't fit for purpose. We need to give him time.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  19. JamesM09

I would love to agree but the board have our money now and they know that we will all renew next year regardless what happens.

At best they’ll shuffle things around a wee bit and put out some rumours that Desmond will be ‘Personally stepping in with a Rodgers-level appointment’.

Everyone will fall for it and we will continue our slow decline.

So many of our support will be chomping at the bit to call Ange a shitebag and blame it one him abandoning us.

Eddie Howe basically wanted to come here and knocked us back because of all this bullshit and after a few weeks it was all Howe’s fault. The same would happen if Ange left - initial outrage then complete delusion.

murphy88 likes this.
  20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I thought we were worse after he made the subs,which maybe explains why he held off making them.

My only worry about him from the start is that his teams have been known to concede soft goals.

Even with a very strong starting XI, which we are a long way from having, I think we'll still ship bad goals.

21. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    'Can't be any worse than Lennon'

Ange - 'Hold my beer'