1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This isn't Croatia, Leone :giggle1:

As much as I wish the GB were more like the Zagreb ultras, at times.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was just football when Kellys were ousted, no?

3. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    They were ousted, not physically attacked.

4. Maestro 08

His interviews re signings is all the evidence you'll ever need that this guy was a rush appointment because if they had done their due diligence on him there's no way in a million years that the arseholes on our board would have appointed a guy so willing to call them out.

He'll be getting called in for a 'let's show a unified front' meeting or in other words...anymore of that and you'll be getting your jotters big man!

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well, I don't think he'd back down. My hopes of the board having unknowingly hired a No-man have come true, and now they are in a pickle.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The guy is miles ahead of us he’s been sold a fantasy and reality has came crashing down. He’s been in the door now a few weeks and he’s had a good chance to see how much of a shambles the club is and those running things.

7. Maestro 08

Yip finally someone has opened that Pandora's box. There's no going back now. For years it's been hinted at and suspected but they've always kept a lid on it. But now a manger directly saying the club are dragging their heels and not willing to invest. Those comments have * them.

There can be no debate amongst the fans now and unless there is serious changes this appointment will ultimately be the end of a lot of them.

For years they have tried to dumb down and dismiss the support. But eventually and ironically through their own ineptitude and apathy towards the fans in appointing a manager they have let a wolf in sheep's clothing in amongst their flock and I hope he tears them apart.

8. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Even that is a crap squad...

Xatraps, rickyroma25 and Mr Shelby like this.
  9. Jeffrey

Ange even if he doesn’t get the results this season, will have everyone on his side if he continues to speak his mind and call out these lizards behind the scenes.

Really hope he doesn’t change his ways and heed the ‘advice’ he will no doubt be receiving as soon as his feet touch the floor here. Keep it up big guy, give them *.

10. AussieGreek

He left Panaichaiki (Greek 3rd division at the time) after 9 months or something like this after getting the team in prime position for promotion to the 2nd Division. The board were interfering in the team and broke some promises and he left before the season was over.

He walked out of the Aussie National Team after securing a second consecutive World Cup Qualification and winning the Asian Cup a year earlier for many reasons, but one of the main ones being Australia's lack of ambition. He would be looking at Celtic as a team that should not just be in the group stages of the CL 2 out of every 3 seasons, but one that should be going beyond the group stage 2 out of every 3 seasons.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Not sure why Ange hasn’t insisted on bringing some of his own people with him. Think I’m right in saying he hasn’t brought anybody so far- utterly bizarre and almost unheard of for a new manager not to bring any back room staff.
    Might be understandable if we had top people in these positions already but we’ve got Kennedy and Strachan ffs, 2 useless * losers.

Artorias and McKagan like this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When our new Australian members repeatedly stated the manager is at times confrontational, I began to giggle. Did the * in the boardroom just haphazardly look at what cheap managers are out there, linked to City Footballing Group? Without investigating what is he like as a person? Why, yes, they have. In looking for a cheap, meek stooge, they found a demanding, loud man known for irreverence of older players and a stubborn, thick skull.
    How do they explain sacking him within the next month, or explain him leaving of his own will?

I may disagree with Ange Postecoglou's footballing philosophy. But if he perseveres defiantly against our board, he will have gained eternal favor of fans.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Interesting, I can see him walking sooner rather than later if he doesn't get the backing and recruitment he needs before the transfer window shuts.

14. AussieGreek

He'll stick with this hoping for another season. IF he's around for the second season and things are still shambolic, that's when he'll walk.

15. grazor

How conniving are the board? If they want to play politics, cercei lannister style, they should buy a bunch of cheap aussie players

I don't mean top ones like mooy, I mean random young ones from australia. Would cost nothing and a win win for them

if they fail, then fans will assume it was ange's doing bringing them in since they are aussie. The fans then get outraged at ange rather than the board and they haven't spent any money. If they succeed they have saved money and the fans again aren't outraged.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I love how he deals with the SMSM. He has their measure already and hopefully he continues to do so as the feckers are creaming their pants already after last night's result and will be waiting in anticipation for us dropping points against the diets or, as that bbc * put it, another "catastrophe"

NomDePlum and alex_bhoy like this.
  17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Glad 99% of the fan base are seeing last night for what it was. Years of neglect from top to bottom.

The other 1% blaming Ange are numpties.

18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    One criticism I might have of the manager is he maybe did not utilise the bare squad that we had..

There were next to no options available on the bench but I was thinking he could have brought Shaw on and moved McGregor into a more advanced position when we went into extra time.

We were creating absolutely nothing and having McGregor further forward could have opened things up a bit more perhaps.

DonnyCelt and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Shocking that

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Its a massive issue, just another one to add to the list.

We all said this before he signed and we've just sort of 'shut up' as he's came out and said that he is happy with how it is. I refuse to believe he is happy with that backroom team.

Kennedy being there is a red neck for him. Going from first team manager to then slipping back into his cushty role....guy must have zero ambition, is that the kind of person you want around the club?

Again, as I said, just another ONE of many issues.