1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You should give Ange a call and tell him this . He will be amazed with your depth of knowledge and expertise.

2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I did, he was very appreciative. He said I was a breathe of fresh air after having to listen to his fellow Aussies talking him up as some sort of Messiah !!!

M 67, Peej and bhoy81 like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

#angeball

4. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ange will be judged exactly the same way as any Celtic manager. There is never a grace period.

Imagine the pressure he must feel? I'm pretty sure he took the job because he wanted to, should we feel sorry for him?

5. Ozzie Hoop

My original post a few days ago so the PNE performance isn’t an entire surprise as the players will have very heavy legs.

For people saying he’s just realising the job at hand and now being daunted by it I couldn’t disagree more. He’ll be frustrated by the performance and will let the players know that very clearly. You could hear him barking “pass, pass” during the game because he’s very big on tempo and ball movement and will drum that into the side once again.
    While this tie comes up very quickly for him I still think you’ll see an improved performance as he’ll let the players freshen for a couple of days now so they have some zip in their legs again and the difference will be tangible.

He knows he needs players in (but will want the right players) and he knows there’s work to be done but don’t let his frustration at players not implementing what he wants confuse you, he’ll love the challenge and will see his side take strides quickly.
    Not expecting a miracle Tuesday but will see improvement.

Mr Cleansheets and honda like this.
  6. jambo_cfc

Listen preseasons are all about fitness and getting up to being able to do 90mins , ond of the best pre seasons we ever had results and performance wise was under mowbray and look how that turned out. The quarantine thing isnt ideal and clubs are more reluctant to let players go as they cant just sign a replacement within a few days. Also clubs know we are doing a rebuild so will be looking for that wee bot extra knowing we as desperately needing players.

Mickmac likes this.
  7. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    "that's not a knife.....

8. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    I'm quite happy to give him a year to sort this * out.alex Ferguson in his prime would struggle with a board as inept as ours.very early days.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I was not happy with Mat Ryan going to Spain. I was sure Celtic would snap him up. He would have been a good fit for the Hoops. Supremely confident, cat- like reflexes and a commanding presence. Good distribution. Big event player and captain of Australia. One million transfer fee and shut the gate at the back. How did he go elsewhere ? Serious questions need to be asked.

10. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    "ange ball" sounds like like a game played on roller skates in America fooking sponsored by the trumpster

11. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Looked up Angeball in the dictionary: it is we’re you chase around * teams like a * headless chicken getting no where near the opponents goal,

“sorry that was yesterday’s performance” a well same thing now really

12. truedub1916

What really concerns me with the recruitment and the plan
    With the style of play in the SPL it’s very physical
    MON when we were in a mess in the past went out and recruited some big solid hard *. Yes they were quality but also big strong physical players

at the moment we are so incredibly lightweight
    Rangers don’t have superstars. But they have a strong physical team

the style of play Ang wants to play. That’s ok when you have good players in a league that suits
    The quality we will be able to attract at the moment. If they had the ability to play fast football from the back under pressure they would be playing elsewhere

go sign so big strong * add some steel and watch the defending improve

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Man United under Busby did not have big strong players . They won the premiership and the European Cup with the same players. All were 5' 10 or smaller, maybe Bill Foukes was taller. What they were was ball winners and attack minded, passing and moving. Super fit.

14. Scubaroo

To be fair, Ange cut his teeth in the NSL in Australia, there were some (I mean ALOT) * hard * there, then onto the A-League where Ange had to develop his style of football and implement it in a league that's run in the middle of Australian summers, matches easily being played in temperatures push 40° or more and consistently over 30°. You have to be fit, and Anges teams got the * kicked out of them (see Thomas Broich). He knows what the expect.

15. AussieGreek

Kevin * Muscat.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Superb:56: :56: :56:

McKagan and Peej like this.
  17. Lecs

Ange will probably need a year or so to get his team the way he wants it. Certainly another transfer window. It just depends how patient the fans and board will be with him.

My main thing is progress, I'm sure we will see an improvement from last season's * show.

The huns might not qualify for the champions league, they will also need to start selling *, they've not sold Tierneys, Van Dijkes, Forsters, Dembeles, Armstrongs and Frimpongs.

We've probably made over 100 million quid from selling guys on in the past four years or so, who have they sold for any money?

I think last season was their wee spell, Gerrard will leave at the end of this season and they'll have a rebuild job on their hands as well.

We do need to speed up in the transfer market for sure, we need to sign guys who will walk into our team.

Ozzie Hoop and martin_d like this.
  18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No matter who we brought in and who they signed we weren’t making the group stages.

It’s going to take time.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Europe conference is where its at anyway. We can finally get by the last 16 :fear:

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Anyone offered Spain and Real Sociedad would chose that over Celtic.
    It's an absolute no brainer.

Cena, Lebo, rickyroma25 and 1 other person like this.