1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Any new manager would have a look at the squad and realize what's needed. This is not rocket science.

The fact that the rebuilding required is huge is there for all to see. Ange took the job, knowing fine well what he was up against.

He might be a decent manager, but he can only operate with what he's got.

2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yeah I was thinking that. Same formation. Similar style of play. But with worse players. And no high press. Hopefully once we get some players in and others get fit we'll see a difference.

Noskeil likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No arguments there to be fair..

I've already said I was having my wee post match spell after that pish..

Let's hope it takes shape within the next week latest..

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Really needed a right hand man he can trust, guy's a manager no a magician.

The big Viduka likes this.
  5. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    To be honest I don’t know how good our scouting department is … could be * could be amazing.

But, we’ve had time to scout out targets? Load of *. It takes time to scout players, how much do you know about the process? Ange has been here under 3 weeks? Call it 4 if it was done the week before.

That actually isn’t long enough for him to say here’s the type and style of players I need and to thoroughly scout them.

It’s going to take at least this full season to get the right players in and playing the way he wants.

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If I were the manager, I'd threaten the board with exposing their uncooperativeness publicly, unless they deliver a whole new defense line. Rodgers was not ready to openly state everything, but Postecoglou, if he has fight in him, must go one step further.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

My mistake - 2. Both senior figures, Jullien and Forrest.

Was today as good as we’ve seen so far? No. Could it have been better? Yes. But, it was a pre-season friendly. All about fitness. We hd more players gaining more minutes, couple of players putting in decent performances, guys like Bolingoli getting a chance again, no injuries etc etc, Abada getting some minites under his belt at CP.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. murphy88

You are spot on, it isn’t enough time. Why is it enough time to assess and decide Kennedy and Strachan are to stay though?

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I still think there's reasons to be hopeful with the upcoming season.

During the first 3 games we seen the football Ange is trying to play, and I think it's really good. Abada, Furuhashi, Shaw and Starfelt are all good signings and I do think we'll sign a RB in the next week, whether it be Boey, Soppy or Buta, either of which will be good. There will be definitely still be positions to be looked at after this window closes, suspect GK, CM and Back-ups for both LB and RB will be weak.

As long as we secure European football I'd be happy, obviously CL is always the goal but even if we get past Midtjylland it's a huge ask, think it's Benfica or Shaktar Doneskt we can draw in the play off? Brutal.

I think we'll eventually get the players in that he needs, and I do think we'll give the huns a run for their money, the only issue is with how late we've left it for the qualifier again, I just hope we don't go mental at him if they beat us.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh shut up you clueless *!

We are signing Starfelt and Jullien is on his way back, as well as some serious interest in filling the RB position.

Thank * professional football doesn’t revolve around the ideals of complete numpties like you…

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Forrest I think could make Tuesday..

Jullien must still be month's away..

Aye the minute's in the leg's for Abada is no bad thing at all, agreed..

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Tuesday is too soon.

I’m talking the long game…

13. murphy88

I thought Jullien was September. The time he gets back to match sharpness you are looking at November due to the length of time he has been out in my opinion.

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I haven’t said it is?

But… he could assess them quicker as he works with them everyday, so but quicker to learn about them and see them in action.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You trust the board, then? I'll take my numpty approach and suggest it, because I don't trust the board to tie their shoes, nevermind run Celtic FC properly.

16. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm with you man, but the hard facts are there. I'm preparing myself for adversity, and lots of it.

17. Foley1888

Completely agree with this there is no reason why we can’t sign the majority of what we need now and add the rest in January to at least be competitive.

We have players to sell/ have sold that we should be able to in order to fund the right recruitment.

There are plenty of players out there who will fit the way we want to play we need to be getting deals done yesterday.

18. JamesM09

We should've been scouting players long before Ange got here. Any suggestion to the contrary is ridiculous. Are we seriously suggesting Ange asks the staff if they've identified any RBs and they answer,

"Eh.. well, we were actually just waiting until you got here before we start scouting. You want a pacey RB with lots of stamina? ooooh, gonna take us about a season to find one mate, sorry!"

It looks like they're signing Starfelt this week and the Israeli boy is already here. So are you telling me the rules about it taking loads of time doesn't apply to those players, but does apply to others?

It's just a load of excuse * because the people running the club aren't doing a good job. It benefits us nothing to excuse it.

As a club we're not doing good enough, we need to do better.

martin_d, murphy88 and The Prof like this.
  19. murphy88

I wasn’t saying you did. However, Postecoglou had seemingly assessed them and wants them to stay. There is no chance he had enough time to do this when it was announced they would be staying. He will know by now what he needs on the park though, and that is not his fault the fact he was brought in far too late to get us ready for Tuesday.

Jordann likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member