1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Is he bringing his dogs and caravan with him :fear: as I just think it has disaster written all over it and this season coming could be worse than last season .

crazy-horse1977 and Jeannie960 like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Insulting. My Sunday league club is run very well actually :fear:

Peej likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cheers for sharing your perspective, hope he is as good as some have said. :50:

4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I actually think they will use a recruitment expert to do exactly what you said put out invitations to send in their cv to certain individuals who fits the job description then approach managers possibly that we can’t attract directly or who would answer a general call but they have a relationship with so have the potential to bring in a bigger name than the club could on its own.

5. Heb Celt

The very guy we need back to bang some skulls together.

seanm likes this.
  6. seanm

A 1million ebt ex hun as a coach. Our downfall is complete.HH

7. seanm

8. seanm

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Mark Bosnich

"If you asked him whether he'd rather win boringly 1 nil or draw 4-4, he'd take the 4-4 9 time's out of 10"

:56:

State of that..

Peej, James, Artorias and 3 others like this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The Dingo keeps barking but the RV keeps moving

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Tony Mowbrayesque

12. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Our star striker having a horrid comedown after a night on the gear would go a long way to explaining Edouard’s performances to be fair... :fear:

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If im being honest mate I'm past caring and he's no even in the door yet.

I'm already underwhelmed with this appointment so I'm very much in the "* it why not" camp at the moment with everything.

We are a mess. So none of this is surprising. You could also look at it as him bringing with him someone he knows from Australia and already has experience of Glasgow. What they would do and what we would do should be two completely different things anyway.

Not saying I'm thrilled at the idea but I won't let it get to me if thats his choice. Totally scunnered.

14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    For those saying he is going to bring in players that will suit his style, where is he going to get them from quickly? I would imagine most of his knowledge of players that would fit his style, and are in our price range, will not be based in the UK.

I get the impression most of those saying he can do it are not based in Scotland as, if they were, they would realise the problem we have getting work permits for players from countries like Japan (* even getting them from Europe is going to be harder now with brexit) that are not full internationals with the requisite number of caps. Yes we can get it done, but it takes time as it needs to go before a judgement panel that has to be shown the player will improve the league. So you are talking weeks before he can start working with them, and that's assuming they don't have to self isolate as well when they come in. So even just physically getting them in for the CL qualifiers is going to be tricky, never mind getting them ready for them.

It's just another reason why, in my opinion, this is a really poorly thought out appointment. Had he been appointed as soon as we sacked Lenny at least he could have been working on transfer targets for the window opening, but this is just going to be a mad scramble for quantity over quality now I suspect. Again this is a problem not of his making, but he is going to be the one (along with the fans) suffering because of it.

15. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If we as fans are feeling underwhelmed with this appointment, imagine how the players are feeling ? A Manager most would never have heard of, no word of a coaching team or any new signings coming in unless the players have been told differently and rumours of your best team mates being sold. And then, still reeling the way last season went, you return to training with Kennedy and Strachan still there taking it !! How unmotivated are they going to be ?, I fear next season could be worse.

crazy-horse1977 and Crilly like this.
  16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Muscat isn't joining the coaching staff

Source - The Herald

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Kenners is here for 10IAR

18. mayo

The 20s turning into the new 90s

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Rangers defender Kevin Muscat is not being lined up for a coaching job as part of Ange Postecoglou's Celtic backroom team, Herald Sport understands.

Sources in Australia had suggested that Muscat, who spent a single season at Ibrox back in 2002/03 and helped Alex McLeish's side to win a Treble, was set to return to Glasgow to take up a coaching post at Celtic.

The former Australian international has been a long-term associate of Postecoglou, and was his assistant manager at Melbourne Victory prior to Postecoglou taking on the job as head coach of the national side.

But reports that Muscat will join his friend at Celtic are believed to be wide of the mark.

Meanwhile, despite reports that Postecoglou had verbally agreed terms to become the new Celtic manager today, it is understood that hasn't happened just yet.

Talks between Celtic, Postecoglou and his current club Yokohama F Marinos are however still progressing well, with the club confident of a successful outcome this week.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We haven't been a Champions League club since 2017.

Graeme1888 likes this.