1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s been led down A garden path by looks of it I believe he needed more managerial at a top level like Europe before taking the Tottenham job totally different to Celtic theirs a pressure to win every game at Celtic but the fans here really do get behind their team and support it

He will get money and transfer targets at Tottenham but I dont think he will get the support he expects and if results go against him he will be in a hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ex-Players? Is that because he played us?

Could we not just put him into the Aussie Football section?

4. Lewis Kerr

He won't even get that much money by the looks if it.

Levy keeps harping on about the importance of using youth players moving forward.

"Trust the academy" sounds like some biscuit tin pish you'd hear from Lawwell.

In their reveal statement Levy even highlighted that as one of Ange's strengths, which is weird because bar a 24 year old Ralston - Ange never gave any academy players a chance here.

5. EddieBhoy1986

Yeah Ange isn't a manager I'd trust to bring kids through the academy. I know Vata was carrying an injury but Summers at least should have had more game time once the title was bagged.

He must have hit them with the right patter about believing in youth during his interview.

6. Lewis Kerr

Giving me major Deila vibes. Remember him saying that we needed to turn academy players into champions league players?

It's a well meaning notion but in reality it meant that he'd be getting no money. He just accepted it because he lucked out by getting the job in the first place, similar to Ange now.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. EddieBhoy1986

Thing is Ronnie did bring Cal and Tam through to the first team tbf. Tam not academy but he joined us at like 19 so still a youth player who wasn't given chance until Ronnie, Cal had not been given a chance while in our academy and probably would have been moved on if Lennon stayed. So unlike Ange he could actually do the job in that regard. Cal still speaks very highly of Ronnie and how important he was to him. But yeah it was a sign the money wasn't there for him.

Ange just seemed to have little interest in the academy besides getting them to train for his system, then rarely of ever giving them a chance.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Levy causing another manager to crash and burn. It didn't have to be Postecoglou.

seanm, NakamuraTastic and seamus1967 like this.
  9. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    It was Postecoglous' choice.

10. EddieBhoy1986

Made his bed he can lie in it.

11. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Seems dd is a bit * at Ange, but if they want to go let them, for a price
    From bornceltic.

Writing in Football Insider, O’Rourke says, “Celtic are blocking assistant manager John Kennedy from joining Ange Postecoglou at Tottenham.

“A clause in Postecoglou’s Hoops contract stopped him from taking members of the club’s staff with him to his next club.

“It is believed that Celtic are exploiting that clause as they look to stop an exodus of their coaches to north London.
    “Postecoglou also wants coach Gavin Strachan and analyst Greg Wallace to join him in north London when he officially takes charge on July 1.”

So it seems as though Ange may not get his way. But still, if reports are to be believed that Kennedy and Co want to join Postecoglou in London, I say let them.

There is no point in keeping anyone that doesn’t want to be at Celtic Park. Especially when a new manager is due to come in soon.

Let them go, let the new manager come in and bring his own people. That way we all get to move on and there are no agitators in the background whilst a new regime tries to take the club forward.

James Mc and stevoEOS like this.
  12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Might just be waiting to see what the new man does. If he comes in with a team then they can go for a fee

13. oh bhoy

saw chris davies linked to spurs assistant job ,wonder if levy suspects rodgers is getting the celtic job and acting the *

littlekennie likes this.
  14. seanm

Can we close this ange forum now.hes fecking gone we move on.NO ONE is bigger than the club.spurs certainly arent.ange will regret this i think.HH

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Kt aswell

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    A think we are just making them sweat tbh like he did with Celtic and his agent going Mia when they should have just been transparent …. Dd is a business man at end of day and understood what was happening regardless if it’s ange hedging his bets at the time

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    That wouldn’t surprise me he can’t get Kennedy phones Kennedy who knows who’s getting the Celtic job

18. EddieBhoy1986

I think Ange did win Brisbane Roar the championship using a squad he built from youth players but that is going back more than 10 years. He certainly didn't stick to the principle here and being at a club as rich as Spurs there is no way using the academy will be his preference.

The fact that BR were a squad of youngsters he brought through makes his suddenly walking out on them and saying goodbye with "as few words as possible" even more * tbh.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m a bit surprised he didn’t talk more fondly about his time here tbh. I say that as someone who fully expected him to leave as soon as Spurs showed an interest as well.

Feels as though he’s left very quickly and drawn a line under everything up here without a second glance.

20. G40B

You wouldn’t expect him to mention Celtic in his official Tottenham unveiling video.

Still don’t buy this Kennedy stuff. Only the Scottish press are reporting it now, and they had zero exclusives throughout Ange’s departure. The initial English reports just rehashed Scottish exclusives.