1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Legacy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Kaleb Tevlev, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Ange Legacy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Kaleb Tevlev

Searched for a thread on this, i hope all is clear
    Sometimes a manager will stay at the club for a long time and build a stable foundation. I think Ange's Celtic journey, the first year has been a huge challenge for him, could even say its hardly possible considering the demand on our squad which gets worse with the injuries.
    Its great to see 3 new signings today and I know we have alot to enjoy as it comes this season.

I recently saw a short documentary about Arsene Wenger and was wandering if people thought that we could have a similar situation here? Could a long term plan atleast get us back into the Champions league? We seem to have some backing this time around, and with our j league connection. maybe the board finally have someone they want a long term deal with, If thats the case then I see the financial backing from can continue.

I know its early days and all we can do is enjoy it as it comes, but Ange is a perfect fit for our club and despite how unambitious our board have been in the past, they arent stupid. If they see an apportuhity to take us back to that level they will do everything they can to plan ahead.

But as I say, take it as it comes. We are all exited about the future and I hope our manager can be with us long term.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good post but not sure it needs a separate thread.. We have an Ange thread.. :50:

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wenger stayed with Arsenal for 22 years. I think for Ange, that length of time with us is incredibly unlikely.

However, I do think he’s building a squad and doing his best to move the club forward behind the scenes too.

Kaleb Tevlev likes this.
  4. leeso-ardoyne

The only thing that'll stop him from staying as long as wenger is money. Any team offers him 3-5 times his wages with all sorts of bonuses, he's off. And ya can't blame him.

davidhannah likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ange has already won his first trophy and that's great, but we're currently sittin 6 points behind the uglies, that's not so great.

He needs a result against the huns at CP, if that happens then things will start to get really interesting.

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    He’s done something no other Celtic manager has done before:

Got the board to make first team signings before the window has even opened.

Miraculous.

7. davidhannah

I'd respect Ange. I love his football philosophy. We're not perfect by all means but we're buiding a league winning team. It's premature to ask him how long he wants to stay at Parkhead.

He needs to win the league and earn his right to stay.

So far, Cup winner Ange Postecoglou doing Ange things. And he's earned the backing of the board by proving he's the boss.

8. JamesM09

Pure speculation but I think he’s in the mould of a director of football. He might want to manage somewhere else but if long term his family settled in Glasgow you could potentially see him coming back and doing that role if he didn’t want to travel as much and take day-to-day sessions.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

22 years as a manager of one club isn't just an anomaly for English Football, but also World Football.

There's zero chance of Ange doing it at us and that's true for plenty reasons.

The 1st being it's a 2-horse race here and normally the manager of the team that comes 2nd pays with his job. The only exceptions in the last few decades are Gerrard, Lennon (1st season) and Tommy Burns. Ange seems to be laying the foundations of something good but a 22-year all-conquering dynasty seems a bit of a leap.

Secondly we're now in an era now where any sustained success will attract admirers who have more money and play in more 'prestigous' leagues than ours. Ange seems like a man of integrity but I've no doubt he would have other aspirations if he had a good period of success with us and to be honest, that's not a bad thing.

4-5 years is the max shelf-life of a manager that we can hope for IMO. Any longer and things start to go too stale.

thefutebollover likes this.