1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ambrose for lustig ??

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse1888, Aug 19, 2015.

Discuss Ambrose for lustig ?? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    I wouldn't have Ambrose playing for my local pub team let alone Celtic. What a rank rotton player.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

Matthews was a woeful defender anyway, so no big loss for me.

Keep calm and play Efe. :50::icon_mrgreen:

3. 4-4-2

If Ambrose is playing my fear is he'll be watching the game flash by him also :87:

4. Wicker Bhoy

Fisher should play the next two games for me, always puts in a good performance and provides something going forward too. Janko will prob come good but Darnell for now I think.

Ambrose should just be binned fullstop. Can't wait to see the back of him

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No, it's only cause Lustig got injured Ambrose came. We were pretty shored up until the last 10 mins when players lost concentration and the * fell out the team.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I really hope Janko starts but he's started 1 game, so unless ambrose gets injured he will start at RB.

7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Efe should start in front of the new boy. He has more experience of playing RB at international tournaments than the Utd boy has games in his entire career. Like I said in 2 other threads though we should not have sold Matthews for this very reason. The suits at our club should really look into risk management because some of the decisions we have made in the last 5 years have been disastrous.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Id rather play Janko, Boyata, Fisher, Mulgrew or Brown at RB than Efe Ambrose.

9. Shane1888

How can Janko conceivably be worse than Efe * Ambrose?

The lad was at Man United and their fans rated him quite highly apparently. He's looked good in the few games that he's played here.

I would honestly give Janko the start on Tuesday.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

So would I. My heart will actually sink if I look at the team sheet on Tuesday and see Ambrose ahead of Janko.

Id start Janko on Saturday too.

11. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I understand the logic; how can anyone be worse than Efe? Still, starting an unknown with zero experience of high pressure senior football is riskier to me than playing Efe. Efe has played blinders for us before in such games and therefore I think we should gamble on playing him rather than an untested youngster. Mistakes aside, Efe Ambrose could be a solid option for this game.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Efe has plenty of experience.. But it's not as if he's learned from any of it.

Janko would be the better option. It's an absolutely massive game to throw a 19 year old new signing into, but I definitely think it would be the correct decision. It's either that or put Boyata on the right and partner Virgil with Mulgrew.

I pray the right Izzy turns up :54:

Look at last year. The same situation; our play off second leg. Ronny had a decision to make. Ambrose or Denayer. He went for Ambrose based on experience.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Have we forgot that football saying 'youth have no fear, as they haven't tasted defeat' :rolleyes:

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I disagree. Neither of us have seen what this kid can really do in all honesty. Reputation aside he has no experience of this kind of game in senior football. Mjalby spoke recently that he is more a winger than a full back, and i trust his judgement impeccably. if this is the case then, reading between the lines, Johan was saying that he can be suspect defensively. We do not need a winger come full back for the away tie we need a center back come full back, if you know what I mean.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I know exactly what you mean, so it's Efe then. :icon_mrgreen:

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

And both of us have seen what Efe can do.

Don't get me wrong. It's far from ideal to play Janko in this game, but Id rather play Janko than Efe without a doubt. He's such a loose cannon. He's proved time and time again that he cannot be trusted.

If it's not Janko at RB, I want Boyata there and Charlie at centre half.

17. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ambrose is an absolute intruder. Games a bogey!

18. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I have made my feelings known about selling Adam both at the time and now that the chickens are coming home to roost. We should not be having this problem in all honesty. Matthews should have remained where he was even with Janko in the door until our European fate was decided.

Still think about this rationally. Janko has a reputation as an attacking full back. Is this what we need for this important away tie? I would say no. Keeping solid is more important for this game than for our full backs to bombard up the pitch. Like it or not Efe has the experience over the kid and when he plays well he can be very good. Like I said though we should not be in this predicament.

19. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I think we throw janko in... He's gonna havte play European football sooner or later. He looks a good player from what I've seen and I know efe has experience but he also makes a lot of very costly mistakes... If we wer to get through to the groups would we want Ambrose still at rb if lustig isn't fit? I know most won't agree but I think janko will be the correct decision

20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    90 minutes for janko on Saturday then decide I think would be best.