1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] All Fifa 13 Chat here

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Jayzhinho67, May 15, 2012.

Discuss All Fifa 13 Chat here in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    FANS’ favourite footie game FIFA has undergone its most radical overhaul yet — with Barcelona hit man Lionel Messi its inspiration.

Despite being the frontman for bitter rivals Pro Evo, the Argentine's silky skills have nevertheless sparked a host of innovations in the explosively popular franchise’s forthcoming 13th instalment.

And the five most important improvements are below.

Attacking Intelligence gives players the most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever achieved. They have the ability to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down the defence, and think two plays ahead.

Complete Dribbling enables players to face their opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360° mobility with the ball, so it’s easier to be more creative and dangerous in one on one opportunities.

First Touch Control transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player on the pitch, and creating more opportunities for defenders to win back possession.

Tactical Free Kicks provides the tools to create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks.

And the updated Player Impact Engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles between players.

FIFA 13 will be released this autumn.

Here we go again ! :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4317263/First-look-at-FIFA-13-Its-going-to-get-Messi.html

2. Scarecrow

He isn't the frontman for Pes at all seeing as they binned him for Ronaldo.

Also, I reckon it'll be ANOTHER let down.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Isnt Messi the new face of FIFA?

4. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Here we go again indeed :56:

5. Andybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ice cream and jelly
    Hopefully this fifa wont like 90 minute drama

6. cammy07

I'm pretty sure they say something along the lines of that every year, we'll have to wait and see if it is that much of an improvement

7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I thought we had 360° degree dribbling since FIFA 10 and PES 10.

I guess that 360° degree dribbling was fake.

8. Larsson93

Its complete dribble now

Moving vs Facing
    Leap in dribbling tech likened to the changes from FIFA 09 to FIFA 10 in terms of progress. To quote Aaron Mchardy, it’s a “Way bigger feature than Precision Dribbling”.
    Real world example shown of Nasri in his previous trophyless life cutting into the box from the top right hand corner towards goal. You see that whilst he’s facing goal, he’s able to move sideways without changing the direction he’s facing.
    FIFA 13 example shown of a player dribbling through 360 degrees whilst continuing to face forwards, think of Streetball control from FIFA Street. It looks a bit like that, but without the players foot rolling over the top of the ball at any point.
    Move direction and face direction have been seperated to allow all this to work.
    In FIFA 13 you now have 360 degrees of movement and 360 degrees of facing.

Facing Up Defenders
    FIFA 13 example shown of Cristiano Ronaldo taking on a defender on the left wing towards the corner flag. Being faced up to the defender allows him to slide right, then drop his shoulder and shift left quickly and round the defender just by dribbling and putting in a change of pace.
    System was complicated in previous years, with overly complex button inputs to achieve various dribbling techniques. Now everything has been boiled down to the left stick and will work contextually without the need for extra input.
    Second FIFA 13 example shown of Messi taking the ball down the right hand side of the pitch in a typical FIFA dribbling style, head down faced, squarely facing forward. As the defender in front of him closes in he opens his body up and faces a little more towards goal, allowing him to beat the player and put a cross in just with a quick burst of pace.
    Angle of facing determined by by LS input and angles to goal, as well as the players speed and the position of the defender.
    The facing system will not hinder player movement, the facing angle is based on the position of the defender or the position of the goal dependent on context.

360 Shielding
    Separating facing from movement direction has also had a positive effect on shielding. Players can now move whilst shielding without leaving the ball in overly exposed positions like they would in FIFA 12.
    Players have the ability to properly face away from defenders when shielding providing a wider range of protection when holding the ball up.

Precision 2.0

Influence taken from FIFA Street, players can now drag the ball around in a way similar to Streetball Control, but it looks a lot more natural than you’d think. It’s not just been cut and pasted as a feature.
    FIFA 13 example shown of Walcott wrong footing a defender by aiming to go one way and then quickly going the other.
    Narrows the scope even more than precision dribble, giving more finite control.

9. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The dribbling aspect will be good for us.

10. optimusmike777

ummm that artical its all wrong messi is now the front man for fifa, that is why he is all over it atm plus this is not the 13th installment of fifa its way more than that

11. Shane1888

Looking forward to this. Take away the ridiculous amount of scripting that was in FIFA 12, whilst retaining and adding to the other good aspects of that game, and we may well be looking at the best game in the series so far.

Having said that, one look at the pictures in that article tells you that there isn't going to be much difference in the graphics between 12 and 13. I hope they make it look a bit more realistic, in terms of the fans and increasing the realism of some of the players.

12. Larsson93

13 for 2013 :86:

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I am with you mate. I thought it would be only me. I am fed up with fifa 12. lets hope 13 plays better. I am an ex Pro Evo guy and I still prefer the graphical style of the players in PES, always thought they looked more realistic, too bad they made an * of the gameplay just when fifa made massive improvements.

14. Sonny7

Ex pro man here ano, some of the old pro evo games were the best ever made. As you say, pro isnt at good as it once was. but then i've not played this years game?

I'm fed up with fifa 12 new, lost the love for it a bit, the scripting has ruined it for me. As has the passing, to many passes going a stray that ain't your fault. simple passes aswell. A was a fan of the penalties to start with, now i hate them, in real life a player would expect to score at least 7-8 pens out of 10. i average about 4-5 out of ten in fifa:47: (any tips?)

Hopefully 13 is heavily improved upon

15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    The article says it's the thirteenth lol

16. KevMan

FIFA 13 will also feature:
    Improved Career Mode with major changes developed in response to requests from the most passionate fans of the franchise
    New features to enhance the massive EA SPORTS FIFA online offering, including improvements to the wildly popular Head-To-Head Seasons mode
    Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
    Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.
    Additional new modes and features will be announced in the months ahead.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150940815834534

17. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was a Pro Evo man from 2000-08, been fifa since 09.

Really, really wish Pro hadn't deteriorated so much, because I * hate giving these criminals my money. Once again I'm expecting a game with promised 'revolutionary' features, but a sheer lazy final product.

18. Sonny7

excited by this. wonder what it could be.

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I turned to fifa with the 09 edition also. I still cant believe it sometimes when the "EA, sports, its in the game!" screen loads. It is far better than pro. I have played it and it'd rotten every year to check. I actually put the ps2 on the other day and played pes5. it was fun, unltra fuzzy graphics but still fun. had a mid 4.containing Lennon, Thompson, Petrov and Mcgeady =D.
    Dont think Fifa needs a lot of work and it will hopefully be great for 13. Career mode I would really like to see sorted with no or a lot less scripting. Theres times when it is literally impossible to get the ball and if you do (even in the cleanest tackle ever) you will get a foul against you- must be what it feels like playing for Celtic pure frustration.

20. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pro Evo 5 was the best ever football game. Pro 4 was next, then 6, then Fifa 09.