1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alistair Johnston

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by 88jimmij88, Nov 24, 2022.

Discuss Alistair Johnston in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Not gonnae judge a boy based on his name. Our greatest ever captain was called Billy ffs.

I'll leave the greeting about names and colours to the huns and I'll judge him purely on how he plays in the hoops.

2. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Was superb against Hazard and Belgium, certainly not out his depth. Think its a case of a player playing out of position and his team mates leaving him isolated

Skelleto likes this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Well said Big Michael

PaddyJamieson and Avatar Daizen like this.
  4. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Not a great advert for him yesterday. If JJ would resign and fix his attitude, I'd take him over that Johnston any day of the week. Never goni happen but they're a class apart.

5. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    For the fifth time how can you say that after one game? Did you not see Johnson against Belgium? Jurnaovic has been * this season

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I don’t get how people can be so defensive over a guy that doesn’t even play for us but seem to overlook criticism of a guy who currently plays for Celtic

BigDoggyWoofWoof and G40B like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No * is seriously judging him on his name ffs :56:

greengrocer and PaddyJamieson like this.
  8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Folk are wanting him battered for a game he did alright in. His name is the least of his worries.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well he deserves it for not single handedly winning the game for Canada, against some top quality players.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wllm likes this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Nonsense. It's Alphonso Davies job to single handedly win games for Canada.

12. saltire78

I know, right! And he's * slouching on the whole world peace and end to hunger and disease * too... Lazy *!

13. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Which one will be here next season and which one won't?

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Nobody knows at this stage, do they?

15. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Johnston looks like Stewie from Family Guy.

Rydo1888* and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

CANADA defender Alistair Johnston has revealed how Celtic old Bhoy Victor Wanyama sold him on a move to Glasgow.

The Parkhead club are ready to listen to offers for Croatia right-back Josip Juranovic after the World Cup. And Johnston swapped notes with the man he is earmarked to replace after the 2018 finalists ended Canada’s bid to reach the last 16 with a clinical 4-1 win in the Khalifa International Stadium on Sunday.

Celtic have already thrashed out an agreement with MLS side Montreal for the 24-year-old. Speaking exclusively to Sportsmail, the full-back told how club team-mate Wanyama has urged him to grab the move with both hands.

‘Victor is one who has definitely been in my ear about it,’ he admitted. ‘He had glowing reviews for the club.

‘He was one of the ones who said to me: “Look, if you get an opportunity and something comes up at Celtic, you have to take it”.

‘Vic says it’s the biggest club he had ever played for and he has played for some pretty big clubs in Spurs and Southampton — so that was a pretty glowing recommendation.

‘He said that anywhere he went he still got constant shouts of “Hail, Hail” and “Come on the Bhoys”.

‘So I got a glowing review from Victor and I have done a lot of my own research.

‘Victor has done a lot of research for me as well, to be fair — he’s the best agent Celtic could have.’
    Despite an entertaining Canada side scoring their first-ever goal at the World Cup finals after 69 seconds, defeat to Croatia ended their hopes of building on a superb display against Belgium in the opening game.

Celtic fans kept a close eye on how Johnston matched up against Juranovic, with the two players exchanging greetings after the final whistle.

‘Josip is a really good player. I had a little chat with him after the game and he is a good lad,’ said Johnston.

‘He played an unbelievable game for Croatia and he’s quick, isn’t he? He is a solid player and it’s easy to see why Celtic fans love him.

‘He brought the Celtic situation up a little bit to me, but that’s a conversation I can hopefully have with him in a little more detail in the future.

‘For now, I just wish him and Croatia all the best for the rest of the World Cup.’

Despite being under contract until 2026, Juranovic held discussions with Celtic over a pay rise before the World Cup. Unable to reach an agreement, the £2.5million signing from Legia Warsaw is now expected to leave Scotland.

Asked for an update on what comes next, Johnston replied: ‘I just have to wait until the World Cup finishes, then see what happens. At this moment I am just so focused on the national team.

‘The World Cup is an amazing experience and I want to savour every minute and give my all. Whatever happens after that will happen.’

Despite being born and raised in Vancouver, the Parkhead target is eligible for a British passport thanks to his Northern Irish mother. With Scottish blood on his father’s side, he hopes to use a move to Celtic to explore his family tree.

‘My mum was born in Northern Ireland and my dad’s side is English and Scottish,’ he explained. ‘My father’s grandparents were both from Scotland. I don’t know exactly where from — I need to find out — but I do know my mum was born and raised just outside Belfast.’
    After back-to-back defeats to Belgium and Croatia, Canada’s first World Cup finals since 1986 has effectively ended.

Having won new admirers with their style of football, however, John Herdman’s team now face Morocco in their final Group F game on Thursday with the fate of a declining Belgian side hanging in the balance.

‘We wanted to go out there and entertain,’ Johnston admitted. ‘That was a big thing for us.

‘We didn’t want to come here for our first World Cup in 36 years and not make an impact. We didn’t score at the last one, and we didn’t want to be the team which showed up for our second World Cup and bunkered in.

‘We want to play on the front foot and I think in both matches we showed that.

‘We are a team the neutrals can get behind. Our whole country has got behind us, which is special.

‘I think we have left a mark in Qatar. A lot of people’s heads have been turned and the Canadian passport has become a lot more valuable. It’s not one people look past anymore.

jake10 and The_Bhoy like this.
  17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Intresting. Sounds like this will get done.

18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    came on to post Wanyama’s comments about Celtic being the biggest club he’s played for despite earning billions at epl sides spurs and Southampton

Vic says it’s the biggest club he had ever played for and he has played for some pretty big clubs in Spurs and Southampton — so that was a pretty glowing recommendation.

‘He said that anywhere he went he still got constant shouts of “Hail, Hail” and “Come on the Bhoys”.

‘So I got a glowing review from Victor and I have done a lot of my own research.

‘Victor has done a lot of research for me as well, to be fair — he’s the best agent Celtic could have.’

MickeyyMack likes this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He can take Vic with him :50: beast of a midfielder.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely a done deal this then..

Hopefully Ange can work more of his magic as this boy looks to have the potential to further improve..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.