1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandro Bernabei

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jun 30, 2022.

Discuss Alexandro Bernabei in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aye n
    ae bother mrs Taylor

Mr Shelby and gazb1888 like this.
  2. AussieGreek

bang on.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

Glass of wine could have put him over. Equally he might have been hammered on a bottle of it.

No * on here or anywhere else knows anything about the situation. Let the club deal with it.

Thankfully noone has been hurt.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  4. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    This actually made me laugh out loud.

What a stupid post.

5. celtic warrior

Is the drink drive limit in blood not exactly same in Argentina as it is in Scotland?

6. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Probably not just the same as its different in England

7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s exactly the same as Scotland. Some folk spouting drivel it’s x10 over :56:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

The only thing I think causes confusion is that when trying to look it up Scotland obviously is easy to find...it gives measurements for breath, blood and urine.

But trying to get it for Argentina and from what I can gather its only given limit is measurements by blood...which appears to be exactly the same as Scotland.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has addressed Alexandro Bernabei's situation following his arrest last week.

The defender, 21, was involved in an alleged incident in Glasgow City centre and subsequently charged with drink driving following a night out. Greg Taylor remains Celtic's first choice left-back at this time and some fans feared Bernabei's standing within the squad could potentially suffer following his arrest. Manager Postecoglou, however, explained where things stand.

He revealed that Bernabei would be the subject of both internal and external "processes", but that the full-back was in the squad for Sunday's clash with Hearts.

He said: "Yeah, there was an (alleged) incident earlier in the week. Now there are processes taking place both externally and internally, and when they come to a conclusion, we’ll take the appropriate measures.

"He’s training and available for Sunday.”

A police spokesman said at the time: “On Monday, a 21-year-old man was arrested and charged with a road traffic offence in Glasgow city centre.

He has been released on an undertaking to appear in court later.”

Bernabei was an unused sub as Postecoglou’s men thrashed Kilmarnock 5-0 in a noon kick-off at Rugby Park.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tell him to focus on running, not driving. It'd be a pity to have him not even feature for us in a competitive game. I want to see what he can do, like any new signing.

12. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Go back to your sexist cave or are women and children now worth more than a man's life? Infuriating!

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Hope you shouted "VB long neck ya dog *!" as you finished each beer, in the traditional Australian manner.

Rogicisgod likes this.
  14. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't really understand some of the comparisons to the Bolingoli incident.

Bongoli's mistake was one of calculation. He knew the seriousness of the COVID regulations and regardless booked a plane. So that's planning a trip to the airport, a flight and transfer the otherside. He then had to calculate how he would get home before anyone noticed him missing. With bolingoli he took time and effort to deceive everyone got a selfish gain. That so ke volumes about his character. What he thought of us, the club etc. Very arrogant whilst being sober too.

Now for Bernabei. Yes, it's a terrible decision and yes it shouldn't go completely unpunished but he took a one poor decision, not a series of calculating and cunning decision. Now like anyone that made that terrible decision he must deal with the consequence.

I made the terrible decision to do this after three pints and I can tell you that night I never felt shame like it. Thought I'd cost my wife her home and embarrassment to admit it to the family. I couldn't have been more grateful my employer thought enough of me to keep me. Like bernabei I had started my new job too. After spending 11 years with an immaculate record with my previous employer I got lifted 5 months into my next job.

My point being it's a poor poor decision but I do believe in second chances. A decision made in the blink of an eye should not crucify someone's entire existence for the rest of their lives.

That being said, it's thin ice time. No more chances for him. Expect him to make our show of loyalty to him to be paid back!

15. Thebs

Great that people have shared a past story of a difficult time in life. It's down to the person. Some will learn and bounce back stronger, others will react negative and fall further down the ladder. It's down to the player to show what he can do.

Personally my biggest worry is why he hasn't been playing. Had such high hopes when he signed. Left back has been a problem area and maybe football wise he is not the solution.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Club dealing with it and he's Back in training...

We move on..

17. stew37

Has a battle to get a game just now even without the recent incident. Hopefully he knuckles down and proves he's an option should Taylor need a rest, or Ange wants to change things. A lot of hard work ahead for the boy.

18. ScottBhoy+

Celtic, legally, have to follow due process and cannot be seen in any way to be judgemental, biased or be seen to be treating him as “guilty” until official proceedings have closed otherwise it can be treated as condemnatory. Ange has said this without saying this.

19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Your being far too polite, swap the word "post" for *.

EKCelt likes this.
  20. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You cannae be for real.