1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aleksandar Tonev

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SloBhoy, Aug 11, 2014.

Discuss Aleksandar Tonev in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  2. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    Another Loan? Ok then. If he plays well then I'll be happy but I would like to see somebody actually bought.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  3. D'Ecosse

In general, loan with option to buy is a brilliant strategy - gives a chance to see how they really work out and if it doesn't we're at no risk
    You just have to look at all the failed projects - and even those who were expected to be starters out the chute, like Derk, to recognize not all you sign in the bargain basement where we shop are going to be gems.
    So I'm all for this type of signing. Provided they are seriously good potential and not just a space filler.

I hope Tonev can fulfill the potential we thought he had when he was first scouted - from what I had seen in Villa games I watched, he looked far short.
    But he's a Celtic player now, so I'm behind him and hope he does great!

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Gordon? :fear:

5. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama

Spot on mate we are in a position where the board are reluctant to spend and when they do its less than 5m so this is the best solution rather than buy we can basically trial them for 6-12 months

6. Vertie Auld

Who gives a flying * if it's a loan? We have the option to buy, for *'s sake! :rofl:

I'm sure some people would gladly see us * £10m on a * dog that could play football if it meant we were spending money right this very second.

7. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Might as well just loan everyone for a year cos if they're any good they'll * off anyway and if they are * we won't get stuck with them.

8. Vertie Auld

Another loan with the option to buy?

Samaras, Boruc, Forster...

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s[/ame]

10. wulliebad

Now now we all know huge fee means Cl class.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Joke joke....

I loved Forster. :icon_mrgreen:

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Cause we need players, we both know this. Money needs to be spent to get some quality in.

We are clearly not good enough at the moment that's why, and spending money on players is going to help us.

I'm not that happy with our transfer dealings so far, yes we have players in but we lost our best player and sitting on the cash again.

I'm not gonna go back and forth about spending money with you cause I canny be arsed you have your view happy with spending * all and I'm not.

Let's hope this guy is gonna turn out good as well as the other one and we spend to get the rest of the players we need.

13. bhoy81

People could list the players who where * on the flip side, let's hope both of these boys will turn out good and not be another Miku or Brozak.

14. No1bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JUST CANT GET ENOUGH
    Good luck big Wolfe :50:

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Why does spending money guarantee success?

I'm really not trying to be pedantic here, but surely players coming in is what we all want, how we get them isn't really here nor there?

Flo 12m Larsson 650,000
    Ball 4m Wanyama 800,000

spending guarantees you * all.

Should we be spending more? Yes. But as long as we are getting players who can walk into our first team then I'm happy. Tonev fits the bill by all accounts (and by all accounts I mean I'm going on the TC geniuses who were raving about him before Villa got him).

16. Damnati

But surely that's just another argument for it being a loan? It's a total win win.

17. northeast67

It's like a try before you buy, what's the problem with this? In 1 season we will decide if he's good enough and hopefully he's fell in love with the place eather way better than what villa have done 4 year contract that's not worked out.

18. Wicker Bhoy

Exactly right

19. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

People were crying out for him before he signed for Villa, now apparently he's another * loan. Newsflash people - you don't suddenly become a * footballer after one bad career move.

The boy's clearly got something about him, so I'm very optimistic about this transfer. It's no risk. If he's *, we can say cheerio at the end of the season. If he's good, then we can buy him and have him here permamently. I think it's a great move.

20. bhoy81

Nor does spending * all, we both know this

If we had the money just for talking sake now would you have spent it on the likes of Ronaldo and Bale, indeed you would.

Now I'm not saying we go out and spend 12m on a player but buy someone like Hooper for 2.4 million who has played loads of games and scored 50 goals in two seasons, but other players who have had loads of games time and have that extra bit of quality that we need and who are going to walk into the side like you have said but that's going to take money being spent

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014