1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Yeah I thought he had turned a corner, either the system doesnt work for him or he doesn't work for the system. Think his time is up here.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Same..

I knew he was * but even that was the last straw..

craigtheceltic likes this.
  3. john2061

Ajeti can't play the lone striker role needs another up front with him and Ang system we play one up front and he's a third choice striker since he's been here and shows you the squad is dire when he's playing every week and same in the attacking midfield with rogic and Turnbull playing every week all on the board this is and just spend the minimum and a few injuries we are * .

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Unless he has a drastic turnaround in form, I think we should cut our losses with him and sell him next summer, if not January.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Dan Breen and eire4 like this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    At times you actually forget he's on the park.

martin_d likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So does he.

7. Maestro 08

Needs to take a hard look at himself. He's going to get a few more starts here bcos we have nothing else. If he wants to make a success of things then he needs to do so much more. At least have a bit of pride in your performance, the lack of grafting, movement etc from what was by all accounts a promising striker at one point was embarassing for himself.

seanm likes this.
  8. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I thought he hadn't been given a fair chance and still rated him until the dundee utd game but it's clear to see now that he is pish, get him to *

seanm likes this.
  9. TheHappyLoss

Think if he was playing against a lot of unfit pros that retired about 5 year ago he’d score a barrel load. Like in a Lubo’s legends v Larssons all stars type game.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

probably a totally different player with another striker beside him, i wouldnt mind seeing that but weve not played 2 strikers since i dont know when

the huns play with 2 strikers at times and seem to get results think it could help with well organised and park the bus defences

but that introduces another problem youd be taking a midfielder out to play that extra striker and does our team have the energy and legs to get up and down the park consistently rogic turnbull mccarthy its doubtfull

11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We don't have enough players to play with 2 strikers though, never mind any other changes

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would have to agree. He does not get involved and contribute a lot in the game and that would be ok if he could be counted on to be just a lethal penalty box goal scorer. But he is too inconsistent. I would have thought getting 3 goals in the first 2 games of this run in the team would have set him up to show that he can be at least an important player in the squad for us but that has not happened.

seanm and Callum McGregor like this.
  13. celticdawg

Bang average and thats being kind !! 5m down the tubes and very unlikely we get anything for him when he gets punted hopefully sooner rather than later

James Mc and seanm like this.
  14. Forza 67

His confidence seems shot for whatever reason but felt the goal he scored should have stood, the Utd defender just dived to the deck from minimum contact.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Not big enough to be a bully and not small enough to be nippy. He offers * all.

16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Guy is absolute cow dung, we should've * sent him to Dundee instead of Griffiths.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Whichever * decided he would be better value for money than Ivan Toney should be chased out of Glasgow.

Criminal decision.

James Mc and johnboy19 like this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing. But that really is one of the worst decisions made by the club in recent times, and that's saying a lot.

Ajeti strolling about the pitch against Dundee United and missing sitters from 5 yards out. Toney causing chaos against Van Dijk and Matip.

All for what, 1 or 2 million quid difference?

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Same reason we lost out on McGinn as well, Lawwell * measuring while trying to get everything done on the cheap.

I don't even think it's a case of hindsight making it look worse. Toney looked a more complete striker and had/has better attributes than Ajeti - plus he was actually playing every week and scoring goals.

martin_d and G40B like this.
  20. G40B

Peter Lawwell didn’t like the Peterborough chief going public with the Toney negotiations, so went for Ajeti instead.

However, only ended up costing Celtic and no one else - the same as with the Petrie/McGinn situation.