1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Taking his chance so far so all credit to Ajeti. Had a decent game again last night. I think a big factor for him is we have genuine width in the team right now and players who can deliver good service into the box where he does his best work. As I often say given the massive work load of games we have over the course of a season we need depth in the squad and while I think the jury is still out on Ajeti at the moment he is at least showing he is a striker who can be a good squad player for us.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The offside goal from shows his instinct infront of goal. Infront of goal there’s no worries about him I think, he has some ability outside it and shows in glimpses some good link up but it’s too few and far inbetween. He’s shown he can be an asset though, up to him to build further on that.

eire4 likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In the setup that we play, two pacey wide guys cutting in and a supporting number 10, he could do well if the support from behind is good.
    Someone able to make runs alongside him to help stretch backlines and create space.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think he thrives more when the wingers don’t cut in and hold wide and get early balls into the box for him. Having Rogic behind him to hold the ball up and do the link up is a major factor for him just now though I think.

Peej likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah agree with the wide guys, if they can get forward and whip balls in - specially the low powerful efforts we saw from Abada early on - then he can get on the end of some good tap ins and instinct play in the 6 yard box.

I expect this is what we are hoping Giakoumakis is going to do as well, but with the height etc.

I'd be intrigued to see someone running with him though, see if it can cause a bit more space by pulling defenders away from him.

Defo still a player in there though, and he looks a lot sharper and fitter than last season

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thats fair. So far showing he can be a good option to have in the squad and that obviously is a vast improvement on where he was last season.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He needs to get his link up play sharper and more instinctual though, he’s shown that in flashes. He’s shown hold up play in flashes as well, it’s not all came together for him yet though. Think there’s more to him than we’ve seen in glimpses so far, what we do know is he can be a * threat regardless of anything else and that’s a good option to have.

Peej likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I like him. And I was arguing with my brother just about a 2 weeks ago he’s useless. That usually makes me stubborn about an opinion but he’s turned it around already:56:

Peej likes this.
  9. Mr Hoopy

He played with a bit more attitude last night, seemed hungry and got stuck in which I like to see in a Celtic team.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See that one in the final seconds that he held up in the box and got a foul blown against him? That was perfect hold up play and the desire I want to see. He was demanding the ball that far up into there box and knew he’d be winning that battle. And he did. The ref blew the whistle and I still can’t understand what for, but I loved to see that.

Keano88 and Mr Hoopy like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was a disgraceful decision..

Let's no forget that without VAR the * would've disallowed our first..

He was good last night. So much better than he's been showing..

Strong
    Working the defence
    Getting in good position's

Still want and think he can improve a bit more but he's on the right track. I thought he was finished here. He's proved he can play a part..

Hammy89 and Liam Scales like this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He had a chance at the start of the 2nd half, if he didn’t take a touch it could have been a good chance. Still think he looks like he’s overthinking sometimes but more performances like the last two he’ll get better than that as well. We as a fanbase need to forget about the price tag I think, not his fault and previous management that paid it, if we do that it’s clear he’s an asset to the squad and offers something different on the pitch.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye I thought he took too long with that and by the time he hit it, the shot-cross was probably the better option..

I was saying after Ross County that I wanted him to score one where he took it in and was running in on goal, as he fluffed a good one against them and never really looked likely. Great that he's scoring and getting on the end of thing's in the box but I think if he scores one where he takes it in nicely, runs in and puts it away well...he'll get great confidence from it..

The one where Jota missed first half. This is being harsh but if Ajeti was at his best he may even of reacted quicker and instinctively put it towards goal. Was a touch flat footed. Hard one granted..

I fancy him to put one away on Sunday. If you'd said that a week ago going to Livi, I'd have said aye right..

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Think we’re talking about different ones, was more a one two just in the box, he took a touch but think he had time to shoot but took the touch cos the one-two again could have been on.

The one with Jota is being extremely harsh, he followed that up, was in the position you’d want him to be in but was just slightly away from it. Still reacted very quickly but you have no idea where that balls landing after the save, he put himself in the right area and it was just not the right place. So close to being there to score the rebound, that’s just bad luck.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's played like that before, can't remember who against but he looked like he was very capable of playing as a lone striker in that game as well. He just needs guys proper support. Funny that Lennon didn't fancy him last season and it's took Kyogo getting injured to give him a chance this season though. Can only think he's a lazy trainer or something.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye I can't remember your one now :giggle1:

The one I mean was he let it go quite wide and pulled the trigger from a tighter angle. Decent save by the keeper mind but no really scoring from there..

Aye I agree it's harsh. Just think a quick, instinctive, proactive striker like Kyogo maybe does something with that but deffo harsh. I'm no holding it against him..

Hopefully he kicks on now..

With Kyogo out and the Greek no fit...he's got his chance to put his self right in the picture..

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Onefootwonder

I've always had the opinion that if you create chances for him he'll score.

I thought he played very well last night.

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Saying that, Kyogo has missed some absolute * howlers mate, because he makes the chances and in Europe so far he’s taken them we’re picturing him putting those types of chances away. We don’t know that for a fact yet though, if he took all his chances he’s had so far he’d be about 15 goals by now. Ajeti looks more clinical, but nowhere near as dangerous.

19. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Was actually impressed with the strength and touch to take the ball in at times with a defender on his back. I think he's coming onto some form now and if we play to his strengths he will score. Got an opportunity to make himself undroppable with kyogo and giakoumakis to come back in - good competition for places

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that's true but the way I look at it is, Kyogo creates so many chances with his own movement that he's bound to no take all of them in every game..

Bold claim that. Ajeti is or was pretty clinical but I'd like to see how they match up stats wise with shots-conversion..

They would probably compliment each other quite well in a 2..