1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thank * we signed him on a perm deal btw

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Seen a couple Hartson comparisons, get that completely. His first thought with a sniff of goal is to welly it and he’s deadly. Hooper was a wee bit more cultured in his finishing.

He’s a different type of player, more mobile but if he is as prolific and as big a game player as BBJ we are laughing.

Another guy I’m choking to see against the manks as well as Duffy, looks tailor made for it.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOUR goals in five Premiership games have got Celtic fans excited that Albian Ajeti is the next big Parkhead striker.

Hoops legend Dixie Deans certainly hopes so.

But as yet he remains to be convinced and wants to see big strikes in Europe or decisive goals against Rangers before he begins to get excited.

Deans scored 124 goals in 184 games for Celtic over five years, so he should know what he’s talking about.

He is becoming increasingly concerned about the prospect of Odsonne Edouard quitting Paradise before the October 5 transfer deadline.

But the Jock Stein signing from Motherwell for just £17,500 is enthusiastic about Patryk Klimala, who so far has scored two goals in 12 matches.

Deans, 74, told SunSport: “People are telling me Ajeti is this and he’s that, that he’s great.

I’ve not seen all of his games, I’ll admit. But what I have seen of him so far I think he’s an OK player.

“In fairness, Ajeti has been scoring goals and let’s be honest, that’s the bottom line if you’re a Celtic striker.

“But I’m not seeing a great player at the moment.

“Ajeti’s not been here for long, though, and you have to give him credit for getting the goals he has early into his time at the club. That takes pressure off him.

I joined Celtic from Motherwell and was suspended for a few weeks. But fortunately, I managed to get goals when I started playing and I never looked back.

“When I eventually got the jersey I did the business and did well for the club in my five years there.

“I was cocky back then. I thought I’d always make it at Celtic. It’s fair to say that I was a confident person!

“But you have to have that about you when you play for Celtic or Rangers. If you don’t believe in yourself you’ll go the other way, you’ll go downhill.

“To play with the guys I did was unbelievable — Billy McNeill, Jimmy Johnstone, Bobby Lennox, Bobby Murdoch. After a bit I told myself, ‘My *, I must be not a bad player’. I had great times at Celtic.

But you have to prove yourself over a longer period.

Ajeti’s a decent player and a good striker, don’t get me wrong. But I think we need to see what he does over the whole season before we start raving about him. Hopefully, his best is still to come.

“Ajeti’s still settling in and it’s a promising start, but I want to see more from him.

“You have to give him time and hopefully he’ll be playing every week.

Reputations are made at Celtic when you do it in the big games in Europe or particularly against Rangers. That’s when you show it. That’s what it’s all about and hopefully Ajeti will.

“There’s no point in being a brilliant player as a striker but not being able to put the ball in the net. Ajeti’s at least putting the ball in the net. Let’s see how his game develops.

“As a Celtic striker all you need to do to keep the fans happy is put the ball in the net.

“I like Klimala. I know he’s not scored as many goals, but there’s something about him. He’ll eventually do the business for Celtic.

“He puts himself about and he works hard. I like that.

“But, listen, it’s only my opinion. Let’s see what happens with him and Ajeti.

“Bottom line is I want every player to be successful at Celtic.”

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If there was a hun player with Ajeti’s start this season, The S*n would have been calling him the next Pele.

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really like the look of him, and important for us, his hold up play is good. He seems to be almost there fitness wise.
    Hun skelper in the post.

Crilly likes this.
  7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I saw a wee article from newsnow that had twitter examples of Westhampnett fans fuming that they let him go and that he never got a chance there.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's pointless judging his all-round play just now when he's still not fully fit and the team around him hasn't been firing on all cylinders.

The fact that he has 4 goals from 5 games - 2 of which turned out to be winners for us and the difference in 4 points - shows that he is already impacting our games.

He was obviously looking forward to linking up with Ely in the 4-2-3-1 but since then we've reverted back to 3-5-2, that doesn't suit Ely quite as much.

If we can get some continuity and stability in our starting XI and provide service then Ajeti will score plenty for us.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Gutted he's injured hope it's not a tear..

Crilly likes this.
  10. Sentinel

Typical. Sick of the amount of injuries we get every season.

Crilly likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If it was a tear I would have thought he would need to be stretchered off or someone helping him off. Probably felt. Bit tight nd thought 2 up with Eddy, Griff and Paddy on the bench, why risk it.

Tommy25, Crilly and JC Anton like this.
  12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds promising that he jogged off. Big player for us already.

If Ajeti was out long term we can’t possibly consider letting Edouard go.

Griff is quality on his day but he has shown he has injury issues himself and has shown he can’t be relied upon.

That would leave Klimala. He has shown promise but would be a lot of pressure on him to be the main man.

Easter Rd Davie and JC Anton like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

He's a goal machine. Hopefully, his injury isn't too serious.

Crilly likes this.
  15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Always gets into the right position. He was a bit behind the play there and still pops up for the rebound. He’s clinical af

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He plays, he scores. :celt_2:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Disappointing, happy it's not more serious but it puts doubt into whether he starts against the huns.

Crilly likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hope he isn't out long

Crilly likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Shame as hes been excellent.

Hes a goalscorer. A quality one at that.