1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajax vs Celtic 21/07/2012 KO: 18:00

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Green And White, Jun 6, 2012.

Discuss Ajax vs Celtic 21/07/2012 KO: 18:00 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Thats me booked up

2. aliceinsound

Ajax are probably my Favorite European side, and I think both share a lot in common, in that they are big fish in small ponds (albiet they are in a bigger pond!)

3. Towardinho

Wonder when the tickets will be available?...off on a tour of Europe soon with the game being the last stop on the trip....Don't want to miss the chance to get tickets for it...

4. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm sorry to say that, although I've seen Ajax countless times (I live in Amsterdam) - including 2 Celtic away wins - I don't particularly like them. I'm not talking about the football - they always have players of quality & play attractive, technically accomplished football. However, there's a tinge of arrogance and "wee arra peeple" mentality about the club and their fans which get's up my nose. I feel more affinity with AZ. Also, Herman Munster lookalike, square head, bolt in the neck, De Boer is far & away my least favourite coach. The guy cant even talk in Dutch without sounding like a brain dead hun after too many bottles of Buckie.

However, I'm not trying to build any grudges. My son & I will go to the match with our usual celtic-minded good humour. But, if we win rest assured we'll be celebrating louder than most -even if is only a friendly.

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    So has this been officially 10000000% confirmed?!? How can Sky sports say it's taking place in Glasgow, when the club has said it's in Holland, and Ajax haven't even said * all!

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
  7. Towardinho

its on our official website!! Also the ticket office on twitter confirmed it to me the other day...they told me they are in dialogue with Ajax and are just waiting on details before the tickets go on sale...:50:

8. Towardinho

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    nice 1 cheers guys :50:

* sky lol

10. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's was also confirmed on the official Ajax site a couple of weeks ago, but so far no mention of when tickets go on sale here yet either. What I read on the Ajax fan sites is almost the same : Apparently the dialogue is about what kind of ticket allocation to give Celtic - both clubs aren't really certain what kind of ticket demand to expect and it's the number-crunching which is holding things up

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  11. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I thought some of you might want to know that Ajax started selling tickets today (to their season & club card holders). Tickets go on sale to the general public a week on Monday (2 July). Although they say "it's not yet possible to confirm if tickets will be still available on match day" (translated from Dutch) this is simply because they don't yet know how well ticket sales will go in the next few weeks. Reading between the lines, it's seems probable it won't be a total sell-out (it is only a friendly after all). If so, tickets will still be on sale until 5PM on matchday at authorised ticket shops ("Ticketbox") throughout Holland.

12. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The site only seems to sell lower tier tickets (1ste ring), is that correct?

Which section (vak) will probably be for the Celtic support?

For the other users here: the prices seem to range between 15-25 euro (at least for their season ticket holders).

13. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

So do we buy them direct of Celtic website? None listed there as yet

14. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We are all still in the dark. Hopefully Celtic provides the info re tickets for Celtic supporters shortly.

15. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    See above

16. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    FYI Silencio etc. I forgot to mention that if ,come 2 July, Ajax still have tickets left for the 1st ring (closer to the pitch), then VAK/sections 118, 117 and/or 116,115 would be the ones to go for to be nearest the official Celtic travelling support.

17. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cheers mate, that is very helpfull.

Hopefully the lower tier sections become "official" Celtic sections as well.

EDIT: the message on the Celtic site has been amended:

http://www.celticfc.net/tickets_away

It is a good opportunity for European fans (Dutch, German, Belgian... - who are typically not season ticket holders) to watch Celtic and now they are only selling to season ticket holders. I am all for rewarding season ticket holders, but this is not going to be a sell-out anyway...

It seems I will need to go through the Ajax ticket office and get tickets as close to the Celtic support as possible. Not sure if I am going to go now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  18. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    And to save any season ticket holders ringing or visiting the club, tickets arent avaialble to be bought yet.
    They also said that in the past tickets have only ever been sold to ST holders only. Well I know that not to be the case as Ive got tickets through the club in the past and have never been a ST holder having lived in England for the last 28 years.
    Looks like Ill have to get them from Ajax then.

19. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    You'd think this a Champions league match FFS.It's only a friendly during the Glasgow Fair fortnight and the peak summer hol period elsewhere. If Ajax expected a total sell-out they wouldn't be talking about selling to the general public after 2 July. I'll be getting my tickets here at my local newsagents/post-office, which is also an official "TicketBox" selling point, but I'll be surprised if you couldn't get tickets right up to matchday if you travelled without.

20. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

They will go on general sale in the celtic ticket office when season ticket holders don't buy the whole allocation