1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Montgomery

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 27, 2021.

Discuss Adam Montgomery in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Everyone was passing it to the ref tonight. Which meant the ref was getting in the way often. Club needs to make sure that the ref is in a yellow top if we are going to use the green strip again.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think the lad struggled at first with his awareness but grew into the game. Ended up playing very well. I think in games like that our full backs have to be a lot more cautious and only get forward when we're on the break, otherwise they balls over the top are going to murder us.

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I really liked him. Once he got up to speed he didn't seem in awe of anyone. I like Welsh too but I think he looked the more nervy.

4. mayo

Would have him before Taylor everyday of the week

Tommy25, Rydo1888*, elbhoydo and 4 others like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Did really well defensively, something we hadn't really seen before.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The slow introduction by Ange playing him towards the end of games came to the fore here. After taking a bit to settle I thought he was great.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

I would say we have at least 3 LB's at the club who are better than Taylor. Time to give one of them a chance, preferably Monty (are we calling him this btw?).

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Anyone with a tiny bit of pace is instantly an improvement on him..

If you can pass
    Head
    Track back
    No get brushed off the ball in every challenge
    Show some composure

You get the gist.....you're a lot better suited..

Tommy25, The Prof, Dan Breen and 4 others like this.
  9. Al Bootyerbaws

I like him I hope he gets more game time in future.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Dubliner1

This lad looks to have a good future ahead of him. Did well for his short time on the park today

11. Foley1888

He looked a lot comfier on the ball than most of our first team regulars during his minutes on the park. Hopefully see some more of him in future games.

Keano88, The Phoenix and Wee Baldy like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He definitely added some spark to the team and showed up some of our more experienced players through his lack of fear running at the huns with the ball

Keano88, markybhoy1976 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Hes been thrown in, in a few really difficult situations now.

I hope he gets a chance from the start of a game soon to give a better account of himself.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

really like this kid he can play football

and its always good to have homegrown youngsters coming through the ranks into the first team, it gives us a lot of heart and that catches light with the rest of the team building a great spirit

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

He's got it.

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Like his style, all the more reason to get shot of GT and Boli, then we should see more of him.

17. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The idea of Celtic signing any left-back, let alone an experienced one (as I've seen people call for) before the window shuts is fanciful. If we're getting rid of Boli - as I'm sure we will- then Montogemry has to play at left-back.

No idea how long Taylor will be out for, but I think Montogomery has shown enough in flashes to be given a run of games to try and develop some consistency in his game. Possibly wise to leave him out yesterday, as a poor game for a young lad in that environment can really damage confidence. Having said that, he looked good when he came on and after his performance on Thursday that is very promising.

If we want to be a club that gives young players the best possible chance to develop, we need to allow them time to play and grow. 15 minutes here and there and the odd start in Cup games doesn't really cut it. Welsh came into the team last season out of necessity and has grown a huge amount in that time. Ralston has played this season because he was the only guy in his position but with coaching, game time and a bit of confidence we've seen a massive upturn in performances.

There'll be dips in form and poor performances as young guys learn, and they'll have spells out of the team at points, but that's normal.

MagicBallBhoy and saltire78 like this.
  18. Mince.Charming

In hindsight he should have started for me. It hindered us in attack having our left back and winger right footed and cutting inside.

Damnati likes this.
  19. Big C

Was good again yesterday. I agree with your point but he’ll need thick skin because if he makes a mistake he will get slaughtered by most on here….all the old stuff will be thrown about again in the same fashion as it is with Welsh and Ralston.

20. saltire78

Agree about developing him, and that he has the potential, but only getting a little game time yesterday was the right decision. If we want to responsibly manage our developing talent, asking them to cut their teeth in 90mins against the Huns is not on. Maybe for the next game he can get more time, and a full game against them by season end, but we've screwed up too many youths with the 'throw them in the deep end' strategy