1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Accusations of Racism at Celtic V Livingston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Oct 31, 2021.

Discuss Accusations of Racism at Celtic V Livingston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Doesn't need to be proved mate just the accusations is enough it seems

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Spring Time and The Prof like this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Many within the Media and elsewhere always look for an opportunity to have a go and label the Celtic support, racism is unacceptable in any form , but this should not be used as a stick to beat us, one person from a crowd of 50k is not a representation of our supporters.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

One * fan and the * started An international diplomatic crisis out of it, in Europe we have whole stadiums jeering black players,

And that's even if he heard correctly, the world's * mental just now

joemc, Lennon1888 and Forza 67 like this.
  4. saltire78

Well, I don't know, I've been here for decades and heard loads of folk using it, with no malice intended at all. If they'd been racists I'd have had nothing to do with them.
    Anyway, I was only wondering, didn't mean it to be an analysis of all Irish people and their intentions. If it's not as common as I've experienced, so be it, was only describing my own experience and happy to be corrected on the incorrect assumption.

Definitely agree about use of monkey though. I've never experienced that as anything other than the most savage insult possible, and there's no * place for that, if there's truth in the report. * the * out and shame them, like they deserve

5. Onefootwonder

This is the kind of post that undermines efforts to tackle racism.

Attacking the person for highlighting racism and trying to make them sound like a liar isn't good form.

Every incident of racism is big news. This was never going to be any different.

6. Lennon1888

Every week in this country you just have to look at The shitpit for racism, Nothing is done.

Forza 67 likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ve been going to Parkhead for 25 year, I’ve never heard a single shout of racism in that time.

Not suggesting for a second there hasn’t been or that this isn’t true but I’d be utterly amazed if the guy shouting it got away Scot free - the crowd is self policing.

Said it on here before but I was at a hun game a couple year ago and someone called Morelos a Colombian * (personally see no issue with that but hey ho) and a guy behind him told him to shut the * up and the 2 of them were nearly scrapping in the middle of the stand.

If this is true the guy needs dealt with but it ends at that, there’s no inherent issues with racism at Celtic Park.

Marie and neilly1987 like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh look, here we go, another lengthy debate about allegations of racism from a * journo who - even if it did happen - was only to happy to probably pull out his phone to send a tweet out, rather than perhaps actually do the right thing and point the * out.

But naw, tweet’s “oh i heard someone called a monkey” - aye, did ye aye? And your first thought was to tell the twitter world and get your name out on the media, and have, as @LectersLuncheon puts it so eloquently, black superhero Marvin Bartley swoop in to save the day! Geez peace!

* sick of these rancid attention seeking *, and Bartley can go * himself right up the filth piece too, * idiot dared to have a go at US for being “racist” toward huns for calling them huns whilst totally denying the systematic WEEKLY racism that comes from them and their * hun scum hoarde.

9. joemc

Idk how anyone can pick out wot was being said on this ,either they have an agenda or they need a * life .

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It exists in Celtic Park, just as it exists in every walk of life.

Heard it as recently as Leverkusen at home. Guys of no more than 13/14 years of age. 3 or 4 different occasions and phrases. * abhorrent

Keep calling it out. Keep making examples of the brain dead * among our support.

And if your first reaction is to go on the defensive and start questioning those calling it out. Have a * word. The guys a White House correspondent, from Luxembourg. No some knuckle dragger from Burnley, with an agenda, writing for the Daily Mail.

11. joemc

My question is , is it obvious and apparent on this clip , my answer is if you are trying to make something out of this tweet then you are trying very very hard to prove something, and if you are going to that length to do so you are driving a narrative that both clubs are the same .

12. Mr. Slippyfist

So did you wait till you got home before you did something about it and post it all over twitter anaw aye?

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

HA. Couldn’t believe what we’d heard the first time mate to be honest. Then heard it again maybe ten minutes later. Little * got chased, shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

One of the guys with us isn’t a Celtic fan, up from down south for the game. It definitely left an impression on him, brought it up in the pub after.

It exists. Weird as * that your first reaction is to challenge the legitimacy of someone calling out racism. IMO. If it happened yesterday, the reporter won’t have been the only that heard it. It likely won’t have been a ST holder based on where the guy was sat. Regardless, ban the * from football stadia for life.

Marie likes this.
  14. noel boland

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Born and rared in Dublin city never heard the word ape used in any walk of life here in Ireland????

15. Mr. Slippyfist

The only reason I challenge his views is because I’d already seen and heard his twitter video in the Livingston thread - so if the * was talking about that video there was absolutely no mention of a “monkey” on it.

16. joemc

The accusation doesn't even deserve space on the forum, its grasping at straws in the extreme , in a large crowd all shouting various things someone is trying to pick out a racist slur amongst thousands of people, the fact this has made it on twitter and here is testament to how * mad this world has become .

17. Onefootwonder

The person is a journalist. Reporting what he heard can't be a surprise. He's hardly posted it all over Twitter. It's on his Twitter account.

Just reading the comments on his Twitter. It won't just be the monkey chant that will be concerning him.

King of Kings likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He put up three videos of his day in Celtic Park. YNWA x2 and a video of the penalty. It’s pretty clear that he’s not inferring that the racism is contained in these. ‘And then I heard ……’ is a separate tweet following the penalty video

As I say, if it happened he won’t have been the only one to hear it. I struggle with the conspiracy theories that this White House correspondent, originally from Luxembourg, has an agenda

Marie and King of Kings like this.
  19. Onefootwonder

The world has gone mad for calling out racist behaviour?

The guy is credible. He has no need to lie. A few posters on this thread need to have a little word with themselves and stop attacking the man. It's only making the situation worse.

Marie and King of Kings like this.
  20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Some of the replies here are really disappointing imo, and kind of eye opening. It’s no wonder * like this persists when the first reaction of some is to effectively shoot the messenger.