1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

AC Milan V The Champions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hooperman, Sep 17, 2004.

Discuss AC Milan V The Champions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BB Banned!

dunno whats going on.....why not start again with the youngsters...where is pearson at the moment...if he aint good enough to play then why was he bought??????

Some of the better players are getting older and with that they are gonna get slower so the same team next year with a few additions is gonna struggle?? are we gonna ever get any better or do we need to get out of scotland?

I eventually see football going the same way as other sports...ie rival federations as the mansses will soon get * off with the few watching their own backs..
    While im on this subject i wish they would do away with seeding teams..let a cup be a cup and down to theluck of the draw entirely...again all the top teams try to make it as easy for themselves as possible...

Sorry to say this but im beginning to have less faith in MON's transfer activity...few good ones...many bad ones...
    thank * we never got yorke and desailly...that would have been the cherry on the cake...all this * about being shrewd and then trying to sign thoase donkeys....desperate actions and tonight when milan stepped up a gear we seen why the desperation was there....

We are simply not good enough!

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

one thing stood out like a sore thumb tonight and that's that we have no danger man anymore, there's nobody in this celtic team that poses a threat like henke did.

Lennon & Marshell had good games and another few got the finger out in the second half.

if we had of been 3-1 down at half time i would of said fair result but after 90mins i felt we deserved at least a point but in the end the result is cruel.

What the * is petrov doing out on the right
    Valgaeren was * pure muck.
    camara's touch was * he should of scored at least one of his chances
    sutton was playing centre half

All said i still think we can get 9pts from the rest of our games

3. BB Banned!

dunno about the nine points mate...shaktar are not gonna be easy for Celtic..
    Noone is..Milan at parkhead is one big game but passion cannot always make up for lack of quality and when we go to barca well....lets just say it will be brown trousers time..

Did nayone see what MOn said after the game??

4. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    MON looked so gutted after the game, just said he felt most sorry for the players and they deserved more, bit about how lennon was gd

5. BB Banned!

dunno how he could say they deserved more...must have been watching a different game to me..
    Time to take off the green tinted glasses i think...

Lets look at some truths now..

Ive been a tic supporter all my life but even i can see that now they are crap when up against the big boys..

Just cos they got an equaliser doesnt mean they were as good asmilan at that point...seemed to me that milan were messing about and the decided to play a bit ...one quick attack and that was the second goal...

Getting right * off with having the same discussions year after year....

Lets get a team together that can do something in the CL.. uefa cup is a consolation..we should never be happy with that..not that we have won that lately either...

i want the best for Celtic and every other team to be * scared to play us...thats not happening...so i think the board should make it happen...
    I live and breath celtic and plough in lots of dosh so i have every right to say this...

WHAT THE * IS GOING ON??.... where is all this money going...apart from pishloan signings??

Need some answers and some action .....NOW... not in 2 years when we are as pish as Rangers...
    u r supposed to build on success...porto beat us in the uefa cup final..next year theywin the CL.. we get to quarter final of uefa cup...Porto are not considered one of the worlds big clubs so how the * can they do it and we go backwards?

6. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Here Here, what the * is going on MON please tell ?
    Why is Joos still at parkhead?
    Why does Sylla get on ahead of Mcgeady and Wallace?

7. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    yeh like bath bhoy said same old * different season it was poor we had so much of the second half then after we score they joos upped a gear made it look easy and scored 2 goals and why the * he did'ny put mcgeady and wallace is a joke he should have put them on and went for it than to lose the way we did the only thing that was working last nite was the long ball but even then it was gettin put on a plate for camara but he could'nt finish a good dinner man and as for the uefa cup place, well be lucky dont think we even deserve that we will get a round or two out of that then get put out on our * as usuall just not good enuff

8. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree, really dont know why McGeady and Wallace wernt brought on, Wallace on his day could tear most right backs apart, hes a completely different player to Thommo in the way he plays his football, he certainly isnt scared of taking players on and if we are to encourage this kind of play why not throw him in against a big team like Milan? Playing against Dundee United etc isnt going to make him a better footballer, playing against world class defenders however will..

Same with McGeady, many clubs are envious of our youngsters so I ask WHY NOT USE THEM?

9. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    maybe if he would give these two a chance we would get more width in our play and more goals from big john our play badly lacks width most of the time

10. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    why do Celtic play really bad in the first half it looks like to me they don't want to go through to the next round or even get into the UEFA Cup. its a different story when they score a goal though it looks like they know they can beat the other team... well Celtic play well for 15mins when they score then it looks like they can not be bothred to play football. against Barca that was a bad night... But yesterday in the game we should of had a point out of that game.

What went wrong in the last few mins? fair enough the freekick was unlucky the keeper had no chance to save it. i can not remember the other goal so i can not comment on it. if Celtic lose another game the its bye bye to the UEFA Cup. I hope Celtic at least Win a game in the Champions League or even draw a game. because its crap not even getting a point in the Champions League. fair enough we are in the hardest group of the Champions League but the Bhoys deserve at least a point.

I felt sorry for the Bhoys last night whent those two late goal went in. i really did that must of hurt ALL the players and MON. Celtic was very close into getting a draw but that shows the quaility of the Champions League and the teams which play in it.

Hail!! Hail!!
    Larsson97_04