1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

a more optimistic outlook for sunday

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by daschoo, Feb 14, 2005.

Discuss a more optimistic outlook for sunday in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    if it wasn't for a waterlogged pitch we'd be sitting top, they haven't won at celtic park since march 2000, their captain and best player is out for the rest of the season and we got the spl top scorer and bellamy in our squad. that plus the performances in europe, admittedly with the exception of donetsk, of both sides ie drawing in barca or losing in alkmaar would mean most huns would take our position over theirs if they were being honest

going through the players position by position i think most of us would take klos in goal but as for the rest

rb:- macnamara, agathe, hutton or ross?

cb's from:- henchoz, varga, valgaeran, balde, kennedy, kyrgiakos, andrews or khizanashvili

lb:- laursen, mcmanus, ball or vignal?

mid:- lennon, thompson, mcgeady, juninho, petrov, pearson, ferguson, rae(they're both pish) buffel, ricksen or mr ftp himself?

forwards:- sutton, hartson, bellamy, maloney, beattie, novo, prso, arveladze or thompson?

don't know about any of you but there isn't a single rangers player in those lists that i couldn't quite happily leave out. i think our weakest position is still left back area but i would still play laursen ahead of either of what they have. possibly the greek player at centre half but if he comes back the same player then it would be kennedy and henchoz and from currently fit i'd still rather varga than kyrgiakos, jackie would have to be right back.
    in midfield petrov's the first name down playing alongside lennon with thompson on the left leaving a choice of buffel or mcgeady at right mid
    then u've got sutton and bellamy up front

can't really see them taking anything on sunday

2. celticfc411

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    weve got the better squad no doubt. say what you will about some players (BBJ not scorin much or bellamy bein a liability on the field), but as a unit....this hoops team is a real good one

we got an impossible draw for the CL. with a lil bit of luck...wed no doubt be in the knock-out stages

we went thru a tough time in nov.-dec. with results...losing to rangers and close * with hibs...but there were injuries and stuff like that

then in january we take out rangers in a tough game..wasnt pretty...but i think that was one of the turning points in the season

and after that...we strengthened the squad....

the bhoys are focused...the team is relatively deep (and for chrissakes, if we pick up some injuries...have some faith in the youth team), and i think the goals and points are really going to start picking up

the result from dunfermline last weekend was more like last year's team...3-0 up early...nd rather than risk it on that surface...they held back the rest of the way...

in may...same result as last year....the double