1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I must be honest now that the dust has settled i don't feel quite so bad, i should be ok until Thursday night, then the whole process may kick into action again lol.

Always a rollercoaster ride being a Celtic supporter, mental tae think we come off the back of the most successful decade in our history.

Maybe as fans we have been overly spoiled i don't know.

2. Lennon1888

We have played * all season, Scum game was no exception * again, The team needs a wake up call. I don't know what at this point.

Artorias likes this.
  3. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I see where you’re comin from as should we win the game in hand we’re only 1 point behind and there’s plenty still to play for.
    I wouldn’t say we’ve been overly spoiled either. Late 80’s and 90s were certainly not very fruitful.
    Should we put on a good performance and win on Thursday, Saturdays game will not be as infamous. However, put on another * show and lose in a similar manner as Saturday and the knives get sharper.
    And in all honesty the writing has been on the wall since the beginning of the season.
    Yet, we all live in hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prof likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

Let's just take a minute to realise that Brown, McGregor and Ntcham couldn't control Davis, Kamara and Arfield.

That is criminal and it boils down to Lennon

johnboy19 likes this.
  5. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Defeat is a hard one to swallow and honestly im still raw about it, if we lost a close game or we dominated and they snuck a goal I could almost accept it. But they were pish we were just worse, this one is hard to get over because of that.

the stat we never had a shot on target thats ridiculous. Even if you played against a 3rd division team you would expect them to get at least one pot shot on target.

Lennon1888, johnboy19 and saltire78 like this.
  6. Trequartista

I’ve not watched any highlights of it back and don’t intend to, to be honest. There is just so many things wrong with the game in its entirety, some on the day and some that have been apparent for a while.

Lennon again trumped by Gerrard and now it’s happened too many times for it to be considered a fluke. Gerrard learnt from his mistakes when we beat them first game of last season and has set them up correctly since. Lennon hasn’t or can’t learn from his mistakes.

It was clear from early on that our system was stifled against theirs yet we persisted with it until about 83 minutes. That’s just unacceptable. Lennon slumped on the bench because he hasn’t the faintest idea what to do.

For as much as we can debate tactics, formation, system, etc and it’s contribution to Saturday, nothing can defend the application from most of they players. Even if you don’t want to play for the manager or don’t like the system, you should still have enough self-pride to at least battle and press, etc. We showed no urgency at any point and allowed the Huns to stroll it in first gear, which in itself is pitiful. Add that to no shots on target and you’ve got yourself arguably the most tame and inept performance ever.

7. Big C

A very worrying thought when put like that. Football is about individual duels and they over ran us. I’d like to add it just takes one not pulling his weight (Ntcham) for the other two to get pulled all over the place trying to cover for him. As said previously end Ntcham for whatever we can get for him and move on.

johnboy19 and Sydneysider like this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I went in thinking we'd quite easily win 2 nil despite the * performances. The fact we turned up against Hibs had me thinking we'd do that here and put them in their place. The manner we lost is so horrifying because it looks like there is something wrong behind the scenes. I was thinking we'd kick into gear eventually and that maybe covid year was to do with the problems but not now. There is still a long way to go and they will drop plenty of points along the way.

bobs1974 and saltire78 like this.
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Sickening Result fkn brutal. Stayed clear of this place yesterday due to the result could not be fukd one bit

Artorias likes this.
  10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    felt the same , and @The Prof ,s point we are spoiled is perfectly true . As an oldie I watched Lisbon , was there through the first 9 , Centenary season , Invincibles , trebles galore and multiple hun gubbings from Martins teams and you know who's . But this 10 was to be the next holy grail ... and Im still convinced we will do it .. but Saturday hurt bad and its easing !!

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Being spoiled is one thing, if we won the game and still moaned, I don't think I've ever been as * off in a long time about a result, just the manner of the defeat, it was reeking. When * are agreeing with Andy Walker about the performance its bad times...

12. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I find it most infuriating to see Lennon glued to his seat in the dug out with that clueless expression on his face. It is obvious he is out of is depth when in the 2nd half we put in a worse performance than the shameful showing we witnessed
    in the first 45.
    Contrast that with Rogers who was always on the touch line, who would continually call players to the one side giving him instructions to counter whatever he seen needed corrected. Lennon blew it in the Champions League with his selection and formation that cost the club 30mill, that on its own would be enough to warrant a sacking in any other business.

13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Perhaps it’s true the novelty of the week leading to the Glasgow Derby has wore off now in regards it got to a stage the excitement was not the same as we had been going into them knowing fine well we would Hammer them through the honeymoon period when Rodgers was here. At the end of the day yes we should still be miles ahead of them but the fact we have been failing to strengthen in a position of strength (Europe) one instant how many years have wee not strengthened before the group stages.. may get shot down in flames but the reality is the * have improved no doubt about it and I believe it’s back to the way Glasgow Derby’s have been before the honeymoon period who over comes out all guns blazing and puts down the marker tends to win. I still believe over the course of the season we will get the 10 .. but I think it’s time to realise they have improved and it may be closer this year time will tell eh

Scotia likes this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Same mate. They were dire but we were utterly embarrassing. Can take getting beat by a good team with us showing some heart but that wasn't a good team that beat us.

Sydneysider and Artorias like this.