1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Honestly think out of the players that were out against the Huns big el hamed at the back was probably the biggest miss, as some said maybe it was just down to players available but 5 players making their derby debut s at the one time is far too many inexperienced players

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Where is this narrative that they played us off the park coming from? They played us off the park at Hampden last season, no denying that, but they definitely didn’t play us off the park on Saturday.

We were our own worst enemy, not them. They were more than beatable if we actually took the game to them and created chances. That’s the frustrating part, both teams were * - they were just better organised * ultimately.

3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Usually folk in here get it but the real worrying one for me was the league game after the Cup Final last year. We went on a run, they bottled it again, and all was forgotten because of it. Delusion crept back in but that day was a real concern after not learning from the final. If I'm honest I think we were lucky against the 10 men at CP too although we had a decent first half that day from memory. They've got the upper hand in this fixture at the moment. No doubt about it for me.
    Having said that, I was really downbeat till last night but today I'm feeling a bit better. I really think we've got the players to do this, I really do, and I just hope the management team is of the same frame of mind.

charlietully and Sonic Reducer like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Brother Beaton not having to intervene much says it all.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL

I’m the saying mate not one of these Celtic fans who comes on” calm down it’s only October we’ll see who is top in may “,, pish- nor am I disputing the fact that we have been poor every game apart from hibs n Hamilton this season and got out of jail to get 3 points at tannadice and Perth and also struggled for the 3 points at Paisley- no shots on Saturday aswell is very worrying and off course the Huns have improved they couldn’t get any worse first 2 season s back - but I’m still not having the Huns are a really good side, their a decent side and have punched above their weight in Europe but the Celtic side in 16/17 with Rodgers getting the best out of everyone like Lustig simonuvic , Tierney, Brown mcgregor Armstrong Forrest Roberts Rogic dembele Sinclair etc etc, all knowing their roles in a fairly settled team playin together week in week out would have beaten that present rangers comfortably on Saturday maybe not 5-1 but comfortably- we had players in team like Armstrong Rogic Roberts who could split a defence open with 1 pass and when they did guys like dembele sinky mcgregor knew where to be in the right place at the right time to finish it off

And by the way I’m not reminiscing and I know the snake made some awful signings and in the last season some of the games were quite turgid but he knew how to beat the Huns- we don’t have a starting 11 that we know is our best- I could get closer to naming a huns starting 11 each week than a Celtic and we don’t seem to have anyone who can thread a defence splitting pass which just shows our regression in past 4 season s

jocksteinupper likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They didn't need to play us off the park..

They literally strolled it more than any derby I've ever seen against them. Was a doddle..

We stood off. No pressing. No roughing them up. Fuckall..

The only decent patterns of play came from them. They looked in control when they had the ball. They kept possession much better than us and were able to get around our box comfortably. Everything was a struggle for us..

No denying if we took it to them or even countered with more belief that we could've got something....but I feel like they could've upped it as well if they really had to. They knew they had the game from early on..

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They're no great shakes but that only makes the fact that we failed to register a single shot on target even worse.

From 20 mins out we should have been throwing everything at them to get back into the game.

What did we actually get? Nothing. No urgency, no fight, just more turgid side-to-side, purposeless passing. Followed by the hallmark desperation tactic that Lennon plays when struggling, the big CB up front to lump balls up.

No change in formation til 87 mins, no introduction of Turnbull til 7 mins to go, no touchline shouting to up the tempo.

It was as flat as a witches * from everyone and they should be held accountable for it.

Hibs put them under the cosh far more than we did.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You’re right mate they basically never played any better than they did against Ross County- St Mirren or Kilmarnock than they did against us- they didn’t raise their game because they didn’t have to- it was a pish game that if you were a neutral- “ is that actually a team playing against their main challengers away from home- crowd or no crowd

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. wulliebad

I think we should be past calling them *,how often do they have to beat us before we admit the gap is gone.They are also outplaying us in Europe.
    If we keep claiming it was all our bad play we are making a mistake. * hate giving them credit but imo its true.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

Hibs went behind twice and were getting rattled a bit. Did they fold? Nope..

They had youngster's like Porteous and Doig in their backline and no Allan. Yet still put up a much better showing against a Hun side that was better against them than us also..

Shameful just how bad it was. I'll never watch the game or 'highlights' back in my life..

What we had out completely bottled it. Look at McGregor's comment's today for proof of that and that's came right from the top. Lennon bottled it and had no answer to them which is stomach churning..

They fact they won it without lifting a finger is a major red flag for our coaching staff..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    charlietully and Seán Mac D like this.
  11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Depending on your outlook we're actually very fortunate to be sitting where we are. Tannadice, St Johnstone, Livi... shudders!!

They're not great but neither are they * anymore. They're too organised to call them that. They've had too many results in Europe AND against us to write them off any more!!

G_portillo likes this.
  12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Give it time mate , by the time the next one comes round , this game will have took on biblical proportions by them and their media lackeys .

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not saying they're *.

They're well organised, drilled in their roles and will run through brick walls for their manager. But man-for-man (with a few exceptions) we have the better quality.

They should have to play at their best and hope we have an off-day for joy but they weren't anywhere near that on Saturday, yet still won the game comfortably.

14. ddub11

Your rite they didnt play of the park,we were that bad they didnt have to,maybe if they had to they would because lets be honest they have outplayed us a few times lately.

And while their nothing special i think your fooling yourself if ye think they were *.They done nothing spectacular but they were solid at the back,outplayed us in midfield and scored 2 goals,and even gave brown a clip around the ear.

It was our worst day in a long long time and we can only blame ourselves,hun are nothing special but they have improved and iv a pain hearing how their players would never be good enough to play for us when they outplay us (on our own patch)and our own players play as if they couldnt give a toss while i hate to say it at least their players put the effort in.

15. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Can we no close this thread? Do not want to be reminded of this * any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Last refuge for the clueless. whenever Iv seen this..
    Van Dijk under Deila, Fellaini under Moyes, etc. Its normally a sign of the end.
    Its grim.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    And we have failed to improve. Which has led to the status quo.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  18. D'Ecosse

I could have written this exactly myself
    Unbelievable (well, no really I suppose) 'headlines' about their superiority and McGregor having nothing to do - well other than those two ridiculous (from our perspective) goals I don't recall Barkas having a helluva lot to do either!
    This game was an absolutely horrible watch, and not just because of the result - it was a totally abysmal game, with nothing worthy of recall.
    And the reality is - we win game in hand and we are a WHOPPING one whole point behind.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

After a fatality there follows an autopsy to determine the cause of death, in some cases a forensic examination is needed. :67:

Big els likes this.
  20. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Of that there has been plenty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk