1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

9 In a Row. 6 most important people.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by packybhoy, Jun 22, 2020.

Discuss 9 In a Row. 6 most important people. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Tierney nowhere near it, not even close. As a matter of fact if anyone McGregor should be there not Tierney. Imo the top five would be Lennon, Lawell, Rodgers, Ronny and Brown. Without those people there's no 9 in a row. A special thanks to Lustig, here for 8 of the leagues and Stevie Woods who's has been tremendous with Foster, Gordon

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Lennon
    Brown
    Lawell
    Deila
    Rogic
    Rodgers

3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

It a thread asking for an opinion. I gave mine and the reasoning behind it. You can't just say it's wrong because you say so

Am not discounting McGregors contribution because it's huge. Tierneys influence cannot be discounted either. To say he is nowhere near is surely unfair? He obviously contributed enough to be valued at £25M our highest transfer fee ever!? Don't let the fact he moved on distort your perception of his contributions.

JML67, The_Bhoy and Marty McFly like this.
  4. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hooper are u serious and also Ledley surely a windup No Lustig, here for 8 titles but Ledley and Hooper before him. No chance

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    @Scott smyth do you know how discussion forums work?

A bit if respect for other opinions wouldn't go amiss, you're like a bull in a china shop in this thread man.

6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Nothing to do with my feelings over his move, nothing at all. He played well and got a move and played a part yes. But Izzy, Lustig, Commons all played there part and a lot more than Tierney did. Tierney was part of the Invincible team yes but won't go down as a great leaving well before he should have. He's no bigger part than say Ledley or Efe Ambrose for contribution.an you tell me what his influence was because I'm struggling to figure that out. Oli Mcburnie went for over 17 million quid and he's * so 25 million is * all in the scheme of things if your making a deal over the fee we got.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

Of those directly involved, I would pick the following (in no particular order):

Lennon
    Deila
    Rodgers
    Brown
    Forrest
    Lawwell

8. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Where have I been disrespectful to anyone??? I haven't called anyone names or slagged them off. What I have done is pished myself laughing at some peoples choices as top 6 important people and fail to add a manager that won 2 in a row and a player that contributed to 8 titles and include one that helped in 2 and a bit seasons, KT hardly played from November in his 3rd season. And to add Hooper well really is it a kid on
    Ps I take it you agree with the Hooper inclusion and exclusion of Delia then??

9. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That list is what I thought yet people are putting the likes of Hooper, Ledley in there with no mention of the Lustigs and Commons players that gave us far more over longer periods of time.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You don't need to call someone a name to be disrespectful. Your tone is pretty condescending and you seem to have an "I'm right, your wrong" attitude.

In the Left Flank thread you specifically said to someone else 'you have your opinion, they have theirs' , but you aren't offering that so clearly in here.

For someone who left another forum looking for more balance, you arent the most balanced poster I've seen. People can choose who they like based on their own nuances and experiences. Better than reading the same six names over and over again. Stop taking it so seriously.

11. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wow what a load of tripe. Opinions are exactly that but you aren't allowed to comment on one that leaves out people that have had a massive part in the 9 league titles. But include guys like Hooper that could leave quick enough to play international football, eh, in Australia in front of the likes of Lustig or Izzy!! Opinions are great but ffs at least try and have a look at the players over the last 9 years to gauge their input not pluck names out of the air. By the way I came to the forum and one of the first things I seen was not enough people post. So to try and get a bit of debate going I reply to quotes then get told to stop posting. I will post MY opinion and people can agree or disagree and leave their reason why that's their right it's a forum to debate. Same as its my right to agree or disagree and leave a reason why as well. No point having forums for debate then tell people not to

12. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Since you have a problem with my opinions can you explain why you name Fergus, by the way he's our hero full stop, when the OP says it's about people at the club during 9 in a row. Fergus left in 1999 when he sold his majority shareholding to Desmond so as far as 9 in a row guys it should actually be Dermot Desmond

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cool mate.

I've found discussions are better with a bit more constructive comments rather than blatant disregard.

You can comment on whatever you like, of course you can, you're coming across as a bit of a tube, that's all.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You need to relax:56:

Some people are posting light hearted or favourites during. It's no biggy :giggle1:

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You will have noticed if you read my posts I actually don't have an issue with your list, or anybody else's for that matter.

I chose Fergus because without him, and others, we might well not have had a club to win 9IAR down the line. I was being deliberately obscure because I didn't want to see a hundred posts listing the managers, Broony and A.N.Other.

It's a bit of fun ffs :56: I also put Scott Brown in twice, or did you not notice that. Its because of his song, its a running joke. Some people on here like it, some don't. If you lightened up a bit you might enjoy it.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It's hard to name 6, all 3 managers deserve to be on the list no matter what, Lawwell has set up us in a way we are secure long term and that has helped hugely but you can argue his wages are too high. Then you have the players, Brown and Forrest have won all 9, Lustig and McGregor been huge parts of the squads as well.

1- Lenny
    2- Brown
    3- Forrest
    4- Lawwell
    5- The Rat
    6- Ronny

Special mentions - Calmac and Lustig.

Scott smyth and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song: