1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

2 more big signings to come-Who are they?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by jonny_cfc_n01, May 15, 2007.

Discuss 2 more big signings to come-Who are they? in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sco-ire1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    coming home
    wouldn't mind that at all lol

2. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Bellamy and Barton would both be a huge mistake if Celtic sign them.
    Bellamy has tremendous pace, but every club he's played for he's attrackted trouble, plus his score ratio is terrible, I don't think he's ever reached double figures for a season, and he also has a history of injury.
    As for Barton, he's a dispicable thug who should never have the honour of wearing the Hoops, Jock Stein will turn in his grave if that ned ever plays for us.
    Glad to see Strachan starting early with the capture of McDonald & Brown, would love to see Doumbe given a contract, from what I've seen he would give Wilson strong competition for the RB slot, personally I think he's got a more physical pressense and a better reading of the game.
    I have total faith in whoever Strachan brings in, wouldn't mind Miller, Balde and maybe Tommy G being moved on to help generate more cash.

3. sco-ire1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    coming home
    am the opposite to you in terms of barton and bellamy. would love to see them at celtic park. bellamy is a good player to watch and will do a good job for us again, the spl is a lot easier than the epl, so he will score more goals.
    although barton is a bit of a thug, still think he would do well for us if we sign him. gets stuck in and is not one to shy away from challenges.
    like you, i hope we keep doumbe, looked good against aberdeen and hearts.

4. Riordan_14

Riquelme and Mackaay - Please * :50:

5. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Still think Barton would be a huge disruptive element at the club, as for a midfielder that will get stuck in, there's plenty of them at the club already, Hartley, Brown, Sno, Tommy G if he stays, I just don't really see what Barton will add to the club. Most of his press coverage is bad, even when he was touted for the England squad he managed to * off his fellow players.
    I don't rate him that highly, his form is patchy at best and I'm not convinced he could step up to CL level.
    I don't see it being worthwhile signing a player with such a bad rep, Bellamy was decent during his short time at CP, but again I'm not convinced that he has the right mentality to be a Celtic player in the long term. He's a better option than Miller, I just hope Magic and Big Jan stay fit next season, I think they could form a great partnership.

6. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Bellamy nearly won Celtic the League single handed when he was hear and if we get him for £5M ish at 27 would be a steal

Barton is 24 and played himself into the England team

On the Quality scale they are both a lot better than most at CP and if GS thinks he can control them, I say good luck to him

7. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    OK, we'll agree to disagree, Bellamy only played around a dozen games for Celtic, so your statement about him single handedly almost winning the league for us is one I don't agree with. He showed that he has talent whilst at CP, but like Miller, Bellamy too has been guilty of not being able to put away the more simplistic of chances in the box. Would you really like to see Strachan splash out the £5-£6 million required to land Bellamy, a striker who is less than prolific? He's a better option than Miller, but I would spend the money being mentioned on either Barton or Bellamy.

8. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    9M for a CM partnership which took last for 10 years would be money well spent

Bellers showed at Blackburn he's added finishing to his game and for 5M do you think we can get someone better for that money?

9. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Think Jonny's point about Bellamy is that we only got to the last day of the season with Bellamy's goals from January on.
    And his record with us was better than 1 in 2 i'm pretty sure.Season he was blackburn he got the shy side of 20 goals.Canna remember if it was 17 or 18 .

10. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    He scored 7 in 12 games for us . So if we sign him this tally will shoot up as for a man who scored in champs league away to barca am sure he will again find spl relatively easy.

Trouble isnt neccesarily a bad thing, these type of players strike fear in to hearts of opp players and if he was trouble a take it u didnt think DI CANIO was a worhty signing?

You cannot say that about jock stein, you dont know the man or waht he was like. Jinky was known for being a trouble maker, not in the voilent way, but still things like drifitng away in a pedalo where his styel and jock liked him. Finally from the times of Jock the game has changed so who says he would not of loved barton?

11. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    I actually think the bad bhoy image will help them on the pitch has the media and the rest of Scotland would be out to get them

12. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Point by point, Di Canio was a brilliant signing, and for the £1.5M we spent on him he was great value for money. I don't think Bellamy is worth £6M, remember Celtic had first option on him after his loan spell, and if memory serves me right he was looking for upwards of £30,000 a week, considering we spent around half of that to land JVOH there are better options out there.
    As with regards to Barton, the fact that we bought Hartley and now Brown suggests that wont happen, mentioning Jinky in the same mould of Barton is a total insult. Jinky never stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye, never attacked a team mate from behind and left him hospitalised, I think your confusing mischevious with violent unruley behaviour.
    Barton is a scumbag, by the sounds of it he could start a fight in an empty room, there have been many players that have managed to rid themselves of their bad boy rep, but most times it relates to a poor attitude towards training or having a mental social life, not for thugish brutual physical harm to team mates.
    True it's only two incidents, but the nature of both incidents totaly appalled me, I wasn't keen on Pressley or Hartley signing for us, as they were the two players I despised the most in Scotland, but since signing they hav had my total support, I honestly can't say I could view Barton the same way, in my mind he deserves a stint inside or some serious help.
    I'm not here to have a go, it's my personal opinion that we can get a better player for less money than Bellamy and even if Barton was available for less than the £5.5M I still wouldn't want him at CP.
    I honestly don't see us signing either, Bellamy has been linked with us almost every transfer window since he left, but stranger things have happened.

13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Walter Pandiani

14. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    isn't a BIG name but what about that young Hammil lad on loan at Dunfermline from Liverpool. He looks a good talent

15. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

the bellamy case is turning into an X file!

I want some facts now: why do so many of yous think we will get him? any sources?

16. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Miller at most has had a couple of good games for scotland but he is no more than a headless chicken, Mc fadden on the other hand is an intelligent and skillfull player ,who should have left Everton a long time ago. I would love to see him at parkhead!

17. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    i saw albert riera play for espanyol yesterday and thot he was brill, i certainly woodnae mind him in the team:84:

18. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    I think its all fools hope.

19. Numpty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Donati
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i think bellamy would b quality and Barton okay abit of a nutter but i think he duznt get on with his teamates as he sees them not having any fight or determination 4 the club wud luv for them both 2 join!!

20. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    A lot of rumours flying about that PL is having talks today with him. Journalists over here have said Celtic are definitely interested at the right price