1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

12 Months From Now

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Cesar67x, Sep 4, 2020.

Discuss 12 Months From Now in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A lot of changes are going to be happening over the next 12 months with a good part of our team leaving maybe even a retirement heres what i expect to happen this period.

(No particular order)
    1. Edouard gone at the end of season
    2. Elyanoussi probably back to Southampton
    3. Ntcham either goes this window or January or end of the season
    4. Ajer same situation as Ntcham
    5.Duffy Brighton Return ?
    6. Rogic away
    7. Possible Christie leaving from all the mumbles going around
    8. Bolingoli Definitely sold
    9. Our leader Scott Brown possible last season from current displays

The team if all predicted goes as expected

GL: Barkas
    RB: ElHammed/ Frimpong
    CB: Jullien
    CB: Bitton
    LB: Taylor
    CDM: McGregor
    CDM: Soro
    RAM: Forrest
    CAM: ?
    LAM: Mikey
    ST: Ajeti / Kilmala

Say with all players who will be sold we will make around £60m and we know Lawell and Co ain't letting us reinvest €60m and looking at that team on paper doesn't really scream Champions to me and honestly i can't see us getting back the quality that we will lose in this period.

Whats your opinion on how the next 12 months will go and what will the next chapter have in store

2. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Will be a rebuilding job no doubt, might struggle in Europe as history tells us the signings don't come early enough but we should have the financial power to bring in replacements for the league. Hopefully at least one out of soro, klimala, turnbull etc break through and make the job easier

3. WhitleyCelt

Win the 10 and begin the rebuild. Anyone who stays and wins 10 has my blessing to leave.

This season is the most important since 98' stopping the 10 and probably 1967.

We will never see another Celtic side like this one. No cup games lost in 4 years. 9 league titles. Three trebles with a real possibility of a 4th in a row.

Breathtaking in the reality of things.

4. Foley1888

It is the above that makes me think I would take the money for Ntcham and Ajer if decent bids come in. So that we are not trying to do it all next year.

Ntcham has bags of talent but doesn’t show it often enough. I would say the same if Ntcham is saying and Christie doesn’t fancy a new deal and a good bit comes in. I wouldn’t like to lose both in one window. We have signed Turnbull and I believe given the chance he will do well for us.

Ajer if a £20mish bid came in it is a no brainier for me. He was at fault for the first goal in the international game tonight failing to deal with a cross. He has got great attributes, I am just not convinced we will ever get a better deal for him given he is unlikely to sign a new deal. If sold another LCB needs to be brought in this window but with Duffy being here and Elhamed available it would ease the pressure if it is a younger player.

A LB/LWB this window is a must to improve that position. So would expect Boli to be gone and Taylor to be back up.

A CDM unless Soro proves himself or one of the others Connell or McInroy emerge this season is a must in January or next year. If Ntcham is sold I would be tempted to try get one in now to take Browns place.

If we keep a hold of Eddy but it looks like he will leave next Summer a new striker is a must in January or someone lined up to come in during the summer. If Eddy goes we need someone ASAP.

For a winger I would try get Alberth Elis on a bosman now/ cut price deal.
    The above would see it net a tidy profit whilst rebuilding a lot of our problem positions on the money made from Eddy, Ajer, Ntcham and Christie.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The club needs a massive over haul.
    In parts this is still the same team that deila had, it's been through season after season and a lot are coming to an end in some way or another.

We should be looking at changes even at board levels but I doubt that will be the case (and no not just because of getting rid of lawwell).

Lennon will be off after this season regardless. That carry on last week was a * joke and is a repeat every season with him. He done a great job getting us over the line (the football was dire) after Rodgers walked out, and surprisingly he had the team going well last season with a massive change in style from the "norm" but it's quickly went backwards again.

New manager will be in, in my opinion we should be looking for an attacking manager, but we all know it'll be Kennedy to be promoted to head coach, not sure I'm happy with that, I'm certainly not excited about it. It will be more of the same, he's a product of the last ten years at the club, which is what's got us to where we are, so I would fear a Kennedy appointment will simply be a continuation of what we have accepted lately.

With a new manager though, he will need to be backed.
    I can see 3-4 players in January coming in, some projects some loans. Summer next year will need another 4-5 players that the new manager has a say on. That's 8-9 players coming in over those two windows and each of them at that stage need to be fighting for a first team place ideally.
    It's a big overhaul, but it doesn't need to be as dramatic as a full first 11 in one window.

My big concerns is Édouard and ajer leaving.
    After that it's rogic and (maybe) Christie as we lose that bit of magic in a number ten.

We will need a key striker(or at least the next project such as dembele, Édouard)
    We still need another centre back today, before we entertain ajer or Duffy leaving. Which in turn could be 3 again next summer (it's been like this for years now, how we have Lennon, Kennedy, McManus and odea, all defensive players and yet our defence is so * * is beyond me).
    Then depending on how Turnbull, soro and connell turn our, we may need another midfielder.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. Jeremie Frimpong

These players are likely to leave or retire by the end of the transfer window next summer:

Aitchison
    Ajer
    Bayo
    Benyu
    Bolingoli
    Brown
    Christie
    Dembélé
    Duffy
    Édouard
    Elyounoussi
    Hendry
    Ntcham
    Ralston
    Rogić
    Shved

I would get rid of Griffiths too.

The jury is still out on Klimala and Soro, but if Lennon continues to overlook them, we can expect them to move on, as well; the same goes for our most promising academy players.

We probably need to add at least eight high-quality players by the end of the transfer window next summer. That should be doable though.

GK: Bain, Barkas, Hazard, Doohan
    RB: O'Connor, Frimpong
    CB: Jullien, Centre-back, Centre-back, Welsh
    LB: Full-back, Taylor
    U: Elhamed, Bitton
    CDM: Soro, Robertson
    RCM: Midfielder, Turnbull
    LCM: McGregor, Connell
    RW: Forrest, Winger
    CAM: Midfielder, Henderson
    LW: Winger, Johnston
    ST: Ajeti, Striker, Klimala, Afolabi

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We cannot * up this upcoming January window again, we've * the last two January windows and it's pretty much cost us the CL. This January I hope we:

• Secure a permanent deal for Duffy
    • Either a first choice LW to challenge for the spot if Johnston is still injury prone, or a back-up LW if Johnston makes the spot his own/has a good season (I don't think we'll keep Elyounoussi past next summer)
    • A proper CAM, as Rogic will leave within the next year and I have a feeling Christie might leave next year as well. I don't see Turnbull as an attacking mid, more of an 8 for me
    • A proper back-up to Barkas, as i don't think Lennon likes Bain
    • Recruit whichever position we neglect this window out of CDM, back-up CB and back-up RW (I think we'll get at least 1 of these this window, hopefully two)

I have a feeling Lennon might be gone after this season is done, even if we win the league, if so we must prepare for this months in advance, Kennedy is not ready for the Managerial job, let him take a job elsewhere in the SPL first.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would be happy with this, assuming that the highlighted needed positions are filled with predominantly key signings.
    The two centre backs need to be of the calibre of Julien, ajer and Duffy and we need Welsh to get game time now to get up to speed.
    Same goes for Robertson in midfield.
    Dembele on right wing I would love to see stay and get his real chance, but I feel we will just not see the best of the young lad, we will squander the chance and watch him slip away from us.
    Ely needs replaced like for like.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  9. RI Bhoy

Is that new third tier European tournament starting next year? /s

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

10. john2061

End of a era I think and a new manager coming in .
    Think brown will have retired maybe a coaching role and think McGregor will be off to try the premier League maybe Leicester .
    Eddie will be sold and Christie as well so maybe £65 million plus for three players and a big rebuilding job for the new manager .

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As already mentioned, get 10.done.

If it's a * show after that, then deal with it then.

That's why I hope we push the boat out.further this year, as said sacrifice maybe an Ajer and Ntcham, top up with another few players, then next year have a firesale.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  12. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We have a lot of talent doing nothing in the reserves that should be getting gametime this season with the 5 sub rule

Welsh, Connel, Dembele, Hazard, Henderson, Afolabia

13. Foley1888

I would be aiming to get those boys out on loan if they are not going to see minutes here, put them out so we can judge which of them can come in and do a job next year.

Especially Connell, Robertson and Welsh, I would hope they could go out to SPL clubs, for Connell Hibs would be a good fit. Robertson I thought Motherwell to replace Turnbull. Welsh perhaps DUTD or anyone really as if he is busy at a lesser club we can find out how well he can defend, like Ajer when he went to Killie.

I think Dembele will be off. Afolabi and Henderson probably won’t make the grade but I would still try get them out on loan. McInroy and Harper are another two who could go out for games. With the current lack of any reserve football getting them out to play is what will be best for their development.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Get this window done and then look to Jan.. lots can happen in 12 months.

Enjoy the ride.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Will be a bit of a rebuild but I'm worried looking at some folks squads not just here but suggested elsewhere.

Even if we win 10 it's not as if the world is going to implode and the league stops existing...we then need to go for 11.

So it's not just going to be a case of downsizing and playing kids.

Bleed them in still by all accounts but if Edouard, ntcham, christie etc all go we need to replace them with quality.

10 is important aye and will.he a huge relief for me.more than anything if we win it. But after that it starts all over again.

The impression I get from some people is that after 10 they couldnt care less.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Once we win 10 I reckon Lenny will go and it’ll be a major rebuilding job.

Some cracking youngsters coming through - Dembele, Harper, McGrath, Robertson, McInroy etc should get their chance and bring in some quality players to play next to them.

If Lenny goes I think Kennedy will get the job, with Brown moving into a coaching role. Try and get Duff back as well.

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

We lived in glorious times.

Gully Sands and Spring Time like this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Only way Lenny goes after the 10, if we secure the 10 - would be of his own accord and why would he?

My fear is the likes of McGregor, Christie etc see the 10 as a watershed moment and we have to deal with quite a bit exodus..

We’re i a strong position domestically and rightly so, European level we’re miles off..

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Aye, we are competing for the ten and that’s what I’ll be focusing on atm.

bagforlife, Spring Time and JC Anton like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny won’t go Christ.

This is a bump in the road * sake:56: