1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

1 in 4 'young people' live in 'poverty'

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss 1 in 4 'young people' live in 'poverty' in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  2. verdi-y-blanco

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  3. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    That bloke from London in the show was wearing two different Stone Island jackets... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume they're fake but his put on voice was doing my heid in.

27 minutes in is the best part - them rapping.

4. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yeah, the London boy deserves a chance. At least he doesn't have a kid under his belt when he can't even provide for himself.
    I think he's wasting his time doing a computer gaming course though - the likely hood of getting a job out of that is slim to none.

Who's feeding the Rotherham boys dog? Poor thing.

5. stew37

I watched the first part of that thing about the 3 girls, had one of them in glasgow. Think she was doing some work placement and seemed to be be trying to get on track, then at the end it said she was now pregnant. Least she'll get a better house i suppose.

One of the english lassies was a * midden, complaining at the lack of money she got from the government while she did no work in her paid for house.

6. Sween

I am going to sound like my mother but...

It says something about "poverty" in Britain when these guy's clothes probably cost more than mine (and I bet they didnt buy them in the sale!), and they can afford to smoke cigarettes but cannot afford a door. Pause the screen at 7.50 count the satellite dishes, but they supposedly cannot afford food?!

No doubt life isnt easy for a lot of these guys, but when a guy wearing an Adidas hoody messing around with his blackberry is the epitomy of poverty in our nation, I would suggest we have a pretty warped notion of poverty.

But good luck to them all in any case :50:

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

£10 a day is not poverty

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    :50:

9. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    I too hate saying this but one of the kids had 2 jackets that cost over £500 each.

Poverty is not being able to eat - they seem to all get given free food, no problem there. The one from Birmingham was even trying to take a hostel place from an actual homeless person!