1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

“Football is a gangster’s game and it always has been”

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Tifosi Celtic, Jan 4, 2014.

Discuss “Football is a gangster’s game and it always has been” in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hilarious that that * attention seeking * should call anyone self indulgent, what with his cryptic bullshit that he lifts off forums.

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I must have killed too many brains cells over Christmas as that "self indulgent "thing make no sense to me whatsoever.

Also the initial article seems more to be with advocating greater contol of the internet than anything to do with Celtic.

3. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    That will be the same * that retweets An Phoblacht all the time.

4. Celtic abu

Whats Huddleboard? Is it a site like this? Sounds better

Anyway, these * should * up. Seem to be up their own hole. Have they nothing better to be doing than spouting * on twitter? Probably scared of real people so just sit on the internet and get offended at things

5. Tifosi Celtic

A Time To Publish

Posted on January 5, 2013 by admin
    Last February, I penned an article for this blog that I decided in the end not to publish. My decision not to publish at that time was based on my view of Phil MacGiollabhain as being a ‘busted flush’ politically, if not journalistically. I really didn’t think he was that important any more despite the forthcoming best-seller and his popular blog. However, since the publication of his book on the demise of rangers, Downfall (which will be reviewed by this blog at a later date) it has become apparent that MacGiollabhain intends to further exploit his new found status as a ‘Celebrity Celtic Fan’. He appears to be intent on using his reputation as a best-selling author and ‘journalist’ to beat down any section of the Celtic support that does not slavishly worship his interpretation of Celtic’s (and Ireland’s) history. The latest blogs from Phil and his editor/proof reader Angela Haggerty have told lies and half-truths about a situation that developed during the Boxing Day match at Dundee. There will be more on this blog regarding the alleged incidents at Dens Park later this weekend. It is clear that there is an agenda at work and that Phil has many collaborators from among the most anti-republican and anti-political elements of the club’s fanbase. By his own hand and the use of proxies he appears hellbent on destroying the reputations of anyone and any group that opposes him. It is for that reason that I have decided to relent and publish the pulled blog from February 2012 which tells part (and I do mean only part) of the hidden history of The Rebel Fantasist. Phil will no doubt dismiss this blog in the same way that he dismisses every criticism that comes his way, as ‘playing the man’, but as anyone who has ever played the game will know, sometimes in the interest of the team it is necessary to play the man and the ball.
    Talman, 5th January, 2013

Two Whites Don’t Make A Wong!
    February 2012
    The story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf came to mind when I read a recent piece from Phil MacGiollabhain’s blog, or maybe it’s more fitting of that scene in Carry On Cleo when Kenneth Williams’ character Ceaser shouts ‘INFAMY! INFAMY! THEY’VE ALL GOT IT IN FOR ME!’
    http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/whe...-you-a-target/
    The article masquerades as a blog about pioneering, brave journalists, risking their lives against violent dictatorships to get their copy in against overwhelming odds. Closer inspection of the article, however, reveals it as a completely self-regarding egotistical piece about MacGiollabhain himself and his inflated opinion of himself and his ‘journalistic’ work.
    In his fevered imagination Phil puts what he does on a blog (that largely obsesses over rangers) alongside those journalists who are literally dying to tell their stories in war-torn parts of the world. That he equates his ramblings about rangers’ financial crisis with the serious work of journalists in the Middle East and North Africa speaks volumes. This is the dream world that Phil lives in, where he is the avenging angel, armed with notepad, pen and press card. He puts his Walter Mitty lifestyle writing dispatches about Celtic, and more often rangers, from the idyll of Donegal on a par with war correspondents.
    One thing for sure is that there is a financial appeal coming soon, because whenever this particular ‘bhoy cries wolf’ it usually ends with him begging Celtic supporters to part with more of their hard earned cash so that he can continue to do little more than sit at the other side of a computer playing with himself.
    Perhaps the most curious aspect of the campaign against rangers being waged by ‘the rebel fantasist’ is that he is the namesake of the new rangers’ owner (Note: Craig Whyte was rangers’ owner at time of writing). That’s right, Phil MacGiollabhain, the self-proclaimed ‘rebel journalist’ is actually plain old Philip White, originally from Baillieston.
    Is this a ‘blood feud’? I think we should be told!
    MacMadman has been living his fantasy life with his fantasy name for some years now, but those who know him by his real name – Phil White – have many stories to tell of his cowardice and sly backstabbing of both friend and foe alike over the years.
    One thing that all who know of his past agree on is that when the going gets tough MacWhite gets going, leaving others to clean up the mess he has left behind.
    The first hint of Phil White’s unstable mental condition came as far back as the 1987 General Election when he was the election agent for an SNP candidate in the east end of Glasgow. Using his contacts in the local republican movement, the ‘Pied Piper of Baillieston’ gathered some young Republican Flute Band members and supporters of the Irish republican cause around him. In his usual crass way, he sarcastically nicknamed this group of young republican electioneers, “The Provisional SNP”. Oh how he laughed.
    This arrogant, sniggering, disrespect of the republican movement (and those from its ranks who had volunteered to help him) was to prove to be Phil White’s undoing. Needless to say MacWindbag’s moniker for his little band of ‘volunteers’ was picked up by the press and, on being door-stepped by print and TV journalists, White only too obligingly recanted his sins, denied all knowledge of such a group’s existence (despite the fact that he himself had bestowed the ‘provo’ name on them) denied all links to Irish republicanism and duly disappeared from the political scene for about 4 years, until he re-emerged in 1990-1991 to lend a hand in setting up TAL. Armed with his new name, he reinvented himself from his baptised name of White to the entirely fictitious ‘MacGiollabhain’, assuming that his previous political indiscipline was now ‘in the past’ and would likely be forgotten. Incidentally, the name MacGiollabhain does not even translate properly from either Irish or English. Try looking up the name in the Irish telephone directory and I’ll wager that very few MacGiollabhain’s will you find, apart from MacMentallyUnstable’s clan in Donegal.
    During his time with TAL, he contributed under the pseudonym Mick Derrig; a name borrowed from a member of the Flying Columns who Phil claimed as a relative. During a particularly violent period of anti-fascist activity in Glasgow, where people were out on an almost daily basis fighting fascists and loyalists on the streets, White took fright and disappeared, eventually relocating to the safe environs of Donegal. There are other more personal matters that took White to Donegal (via Ballymena) but we will spare him the embarrassment of exposing what a misogynistic and nasty piece of work he can be (all of it probably excused by him and attributed to his ‘depression’ no doubt). In Donegal, he ingratiated himself with the local republican movement, falsely claiming to have been ‘the editor of TAL Fanzine’. He wrote for An Phoblacht under the same Mick Derrig alias and earned his much waved around NUJ card through his work for the paper.
    If this was all that Phil White/MacGiollabhain had ever done it would be nothing, but along the way this man who claims to be a ‘journalist’ working on behalf of Celtic supporters has made some of the most serious accusations and bizarre allegations against political activists in Ireland and Scotland. It is not necessary to go into details here, suffice to say that MacGobbledeegook’s allegations of ‘touting’ and smears of ‘paedophilia’ against Scottish republicans precipitated a nasty feud between two pro-independence republican organisations in Scotland that had only just started to work together politically. Questions still remain unanswered as to just exactly what White was playing at back then? Did he deliberately provoke this feud in order to scupper any political unity and effective actions that might occur? I remember discussing with a senior member of Anti-Fascist Action, White’s propensity for making unfounded claims about his own links to republicanism and his wild allegations against others. We concluded that he was more likely a fantasist than an agent provocateur. With the benefit of hindsight, however, that assessment may need to be reviewed.
    In all respects Phil McGiollabhain is a person who enjoys pointing fingers at others and spreading malicious lies and rumours. This aspect of his ‘work’ is only ever done on the QT, he hasn’t the balls to publish some of the more bizarre allegations that he spreads by word of mouth in his malicious whispering campaigns. For example, in Phil’s world, the serial killer known as Bible John, is or was ‘a prominent member of the SNP’ (I kid you not, this is a claim made by him to many people – see me in court and I’ll produce the witnesses Philip). The actions of social workers and the police in the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Ronaldsay_child_abuse_scandal"]South Ronaldsay child abuse scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], which was proven to be based on false and erroneous claims, were defended by him. This in spite of the fact that it later transpired that the social workers involved had attended ‘satanic ritual identification’ courses run by an American right-wing Christian group with a crazy philosophy and a track record for smearing non-believers as ‘witches’ and ‘Satanists’. Even after questions were raised about the motives of the social workers involved in the case, MacGiollabhain, a social worker himself, still maintained that the adults and children at the centre of the enquiry ‘were part of an international paedophile ring’.
    More recently he has turned his attentions to making whispering allegations and insinuations against senior members of Sinn Fein and the Republican Movement, whilst at the same time publishing a hypocritical blog article fawning over Martin McGuinness’ candidacy for president, a man that MacGiollabhain privately maligns at every opportunity. Indeed, by his own admission, senior members of the movement in Donegal now ‘cross the road to avoid him’.
    It is this history of political indiscipline and the deliberate relaying of misinformation in order to foment discord in political organisations that requires thorough investigation. Indeed, given White-MacGiollabhain’s recent articles which give full support to police and state intervention on a range of matters, it is imperative that his personal and political history is looked at ‘in the round’ and not just through the green-tinted spectacles of the Celtic support, the ‘market’ that White constantly seeks to manipulate and exploit.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Should be moving these tweets from Haggerty and the stuff about Phil White to the GB thread Tifosi, bigger audience.

7. Tifosi Celtic

Phil MacGiollaBhain – The Bhoy Who Cried Wolf?
    by Stiofán Mac Giolla Tál Fhear
    It is with increasing curiosity and incredulity that I have observed Phil McGiollabhain’s attempts to control and shape the dialogue and debate around matters relating to Celtic Football Club. In my next blog for TAL, I will address the points, posts and blogs of MacGiollaBhain and others who have guided the debate according to the prejudices of a section of white collar bigots among our own support. For now, I think it is appropriate to expand a little on my knowledge of Phil MacWhateverHisNameIs and the fantasy world that he occupies.
    I didn’t meet the man now known as Phil MacGiollabhain until 1990. He was introduced to me by a committee member of the Republican Bands Alliance (Scotland) as ’Phil MacGiollabhain’. However, when I mentioned him to other republicans I worked with on prisoner campaigns they didn’t recognise the name or seem to know who he was. It was only on actually seeing him that they realised that this was the guy that they had previously known as ‘Phil White’. Most people put down the name change to Phil having gone through some kind of ‘cultural epiphany’ (immersing himself in Irish culture and language). However, no-one in political circles seems to have ever known him by his real name (which is not MacGiollabhain or White, incidentally) and that is why we all assumed that his birth name was White.
    I have spoken to activists who were involved in the republican movement in Scotland throughout the 1980′s and they have confirmed that Phil introduced himself, and was known to all, only as ‘Phil White’. It now appears that ‘Phil White’ was an assumed name that he used within political circles. There may be very good reasons why Phil wanted to be known by an alias, many of us write under pseudonyms for fanzines and on at least two occasions when dealing with the press, I have used a corruption of my own surname for reasons of personal safety. However, fanzines and press aside, it does seem strange that a person would introduce himself to like-minded political activists under a false name and for years lead them to believe that he was known by that name.
    There are questions that need to be answered by White-MacGiollabhain as to why he lied for years to political activists about his real name?
    His input with TAL always seemed to be very much oriented towards proving his thesis that rangers was a ‘fascist club’ from top to bottom, from the boardroom to the fans, without exception. TAL is a fanzine and I didn’t take a lot of it too seriously to start with. As editor I saw stuff like that as a bit of a wind-up (as all fanzines do with regard to their team’s biggest rivals) but there were some articles of his that were, in my opinion, borderline sectarian. He penned the Editorial Comment page (always on page 3) in the first few issues of TAL, which probably led to his delusion and false claims that he was the ’editor of TAL’. In addition to the Editorial Comment he usually contributed a 2-page feature article. The layout, editing and the majority of the articles that went into TAL were contributed by others.
    It appears that he used the fanzine as a stepping stone to An Phoblacht/Republican News, which in turn was his stepping stone to the NUJ Card… And the NUJ card is his stepping stone to his self-styled ‘rebel journalism’ and his cultivation of mainstream journalists, as well as contacts in the Celtic PLC boardroom.
    My first contact with him in 14 years was in July, 2008 when he turned up unannounced and uninvited to a TAL Benefit gig in Dublin. He came in saying that he’d arranged to meet guys from the Celtic Minded forum at the gig, but there was no-one from Celtic Minded there and we weren’t expecting any members of that forum to support the gig. He greeted me like a long lost friend.
    During the event he asked me to come outside for a chat. Standing on Westmoreland Street he requested that I remove the battery from my phone… He obviously thought that time had stood still for 18 years and that this was the same naive person from the early 1990′s that he was meeting again. He immediately launched into ‘Walter Mitty mode’ with all sorts of fantastical claims about the republican movement and his own place within it. He also made allusions that he was part of an unspecified ‘new movement’ that was opposed to the Good Friday Agreement and which was in the course of recruiting new members. I wasn’t impressed. In fact, based on past experience of Phil’s fantastical claims, which resulted in serious feuding between left republican groups in Scotland, I was more than a little skeptical of an apparent recruitment drive headed by him and, if his claims of ‘involvement’ were true, how any republican organisation worthy of the name could let this man anywhere near it?!?
    This constructed fantasy world seems all the more peculiar, but no less sinister, when you take into account that following public criticism and questioning of his motives on this blog, Phil has been making serious attempts to re-ingratiate himself with the republican newspaper AP/RN and Sinn Fein, a movement that he continues to privately claim is run by British military intelligence assets. This is a suggestion that I believe to be preposterous and poisonous, with the obvious intention of sowing confusion, mistrust and suspicion.
    Meanwhile, back to July 2008. Phil approached me again later that evening in Dublin and asked if I wanted him to say anything as one of the co-founders of TAL. It wasn’t really a night for speeches - my only appearances on stage that night were to introduce the acts and draw the raffle – but I said that he could speak if he wanted to. He got up on stage and made a speech, the gist of which was about why a fanzine like TAL was necessary to keep the republican tradition alive at Celtic Park, to defend the songs that we sing and, where necessary, to support THE ARMED STRUGGLE!
    It was his overt reference to armed struggle that surprised me on the night, not withstanding his silly posturing during the ‘private conversation’ earlier in the evening. I thought that it was an inappropriate speech and unnecessary showboating to a crowd that he had politically misjudged. TAL’s position at that time (and now) is that armed struggle is not a viable tactic in the current political climate and that peaceful means should be employed to achieve republican ends, whether pro-GFA or anti-GFA. Maybe the Guinness went to his head, maybe he was playing to the gallery, but it was a strange and eccentric intervention.
    Republicans will see the contradictions in his private claims to be this, that and t’other as regards their movement and his public pronouncements via his blog with regard to the depoliticisation and social cleansing of the club’s fanbase. It’s time to ask just exactly where the self-proclaimed ‘rebel’ is trying to lead the Celtic support, because it certainly isn’t towards the republic.
    Will the real Phil MacGiollabhain please stand up?

8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I think she posted something about Sammy's looks as well absolute hypocrite.:56:

9. Tifosi Celtic

Blogging: Talk utter *.Get called on it. Say "Well at least I've provoked debate".