1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Łukasz Załuska

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Kiko 7, Jan 9, 2014.

Discuss Łukasz Załuska in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SpellCheck92

He isn't good enough to be our number one. He isn't on 12k either. We got him from Dundee United for * sake. He is on 4-5k tops.

2. SpellCheck92

Google :smiley-laughing002: He isn't on 10k a week.

3. Darnok

The same site says Brown and Ledley are on 13k a week. Hardly accurate is it?

4. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    He is close to that. I remember he rejected the chance to be Dundee United highest paid player at 2k a week, on their forums they were saying Celtic had offered in the range of 6k a week.

Now, he has had a new contract since then, it is believable that Celtic would upgrade him to 8k-10k a week. We need a 'decent-ish' back-up keeper. May aswell pay him that and keep him here.

Has he not had the chance to leave aswell, would definitely be paid more than 5k a week elsewhere?

5. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Aye I wouldn't say that income website is 100% sometimes they are but its a bit iffy.

FFS. Just forget I said anything.

Let it be...hes on £4k a week. :smiley-laughing002:

6. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    If Forster is sold the majority will want a big name keeper to replace him and tonight's game will fade very quickly from the memory.

The ideal situation would be if Forster were to go this month then without the worry of Europe Zaluska could get half a season to prove himself.

7. Cmcgregor90

Id like him to step up and prove his worth he is great at shot stopping he's a back up at best and always will be if Forster goes we will all expect a big name signing or somebody we all think can be in the mauld of the great wall

8. cammy07

He's about as good a back up as we'll get. Reliable when called upon, doesn't kick up a fuss and moan about his lack of game time, and by all accounts he's a great guy in the dressing room, tbh you can't ask much more of your no. 2 goalie. I'm sure he's been a good help in developing Forster into the player he is today aswell.

The wages probably aren't far off, I'd say between 5-8k he'd be earning. I remember hearing that he could of left us when his contract expired to play first team football but he chose to stay at us because he wanted to earn as much money as possible for his family. Lenny obviously rates him highly as a #2 keeper.

9. Shane1888

He usually looks good in the odd games that he gets, but will he ever be good or consistent enough to be a permanent #1 here? I have my doubts.

When Forster leaves, which is inevitable at some point in the near future, we will most likely go out and buy another young, promising keeper to replace him. Zaluska will remain back up here until he either retires or moves on.

10. Celtic abu

He was top class at Dundee United and has looked good in any games for us. If Forster wants to go, get him sold this month and play Zaluska the rest of the season. Momo Sylla agrees

11. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Guys a * bomb scare. He's been very loyal yes, but so would I be in his position.

12. Celtic_Jorge

I dont know about you guys but I remember when he was our goal keeper for awhile after Artur Boruc left and it wasn't a very pretty picture.

But perhaps after more training he is getting better. I agree that he should have a run in a league game or two to give Forster a break from time to time.

But he is not a replacement for Forster if and when he leaves. Not by a mile. Celtic need to set their sights higher.

13. Jhoker

If we sold Forster this ajanuary i would be OK if he was the number 1 keeper until Next season starts

14. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Nice guy, looks like he works well with Forster and is liked around the club, but he's not #1 material, very useful backup to have though.

It's * mesmerising.

15. Bratfurdbhoy1

Zaluska is a bag of nerves when the going gets tough** his basic decision making goes to * too! Decent shot stopper though.

16. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    He's wasted as a back up keeper, he could be 1st choice for any other SPL team but he's stayed to try it at Celtic and you can admire him for that.

17. Shane1888

I think the scum would have made a move for him instead of Bell, had he played for any Scottish team other than ourselves.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would be happy enough for the remainder of the season but we'd need a number 1 going into next..
    Really good back up but number 1 I don't think so..

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He's a good keeper, I wish we could put his willingness to collect crosses and come off the line into Forster :56:

20. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    Probably, But he has a tat of Pope John Paul the second on his arm.