1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shakhtar Donetsk

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lupin43, Oct 10, 2004.

Discuss Shakhtar Donetsk in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    hey, I was just wondering what every one thinks about the Shakhtar Donetsk game that we have coming up. I just wanted to know how every one thought we would go when we are away to them. I dont think we will go too badly but they have been impressing lately in thier own league. i dont know what the score will be nor can i predict one so im not going to, but if any one wants to ,go ahead. Does ne one think that we can go to beat Milan back at Paradise??
    cheers

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we are to have any chance of qualifying from the group we have to get 6 points off these. I think MON and the team will know this and perhaps we'll see a better hoops perfomance for the whole 90 minutes. They are a very good team, they pipped Dinamo Kiev to the Ukraine title last year and I think we'll find it difficult away due to the distance we have to travel. Agahowa will cause all sorts of problems for our defence he has pace and is also a good finisher.

I think we'll beat em at home but because of our dire away European form I cant see us getting more than a point away. Lets hope im wrong ay. Mon the Hoops.

3. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    yeah lets hopes so
    i hope that we dont do what we didin the 1st two games and play awsome in the 2nd half but crap in the 2nd half. If we play like that then i dont think we can win. But wouldnt it be nice if we could rid our away hoodoo

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

When i seeing the draw first i thought we had 6pts in the bag of this lot but i've been looking at there stats and form over the last 2 seasons and we have our work cut out for us big time.

5. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden, Jinky, Tommy Burns.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    Four points is best we can hope for. Think we'll beat Milan at home and go into UEFA, shame but that's the best we can do. Lack of ambition in summer has limited us to this. Lisbon in May, anyone ?

6. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

We should most definately get 3 points at home and at least 1 point away. They are a really good team and have been looking at the stats myself. If we are going to have any chance of gettign through to the knock out round we have to beat them home and away. I think we can honestly get 6 points but our awful away CL record may prove me wrong, I hope not!!

MON THE HOOPS!!!