1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

An Apology.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by GoingFor4, Sep 17, 2008.

Discuss An Apology. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    Is that what they told to say before they'd let you get your gold stars? :97::fear:

2. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded

cheers, Cellicbhoy.:50: Cheapshot at me? Was that the one about 'do you ike like an onion cos you stink like one'? or summit like that.

If it's that one it kinda surprised me out of the blue, but no offence taken by me anyway. Just thought it showed extreme youth maybe. But as I say, when somebody gets me like that with the joke, hats off to him anyway. Legendary pisstake. Though I did wonder about what the dig was al about. Anyway, no harm done as far as i can see.

3. Airdrie Onion

:56::56:

Nice one, McNaka! Hadn't thought of it like that! But no, the GM thing will come through anyway, sooner or later. It's already paid up. But yeah, ful marks for your sharp wit.:50:

4. Pacific Ocean Blue

Yep i think that was the one mate:50:

5. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I aim to please :50: Had Dempsey goin' for a little while there... but I think he gave up. :56:

6. Airdrie Onion

I think you get away wi murder sometimes McNaka! You make me laugh a lot wi the quick replies. :50:

Still, I CAN understand why people are * off. Really, Zed's comments and MAries and Cellicbhoys, Ellbhoys too. But at he same time I can't fault Dempsey's logic in his stance (yeah, that's part of the shamrock deal too...:84:).

I can't find fault in the admn arguments really. Everybody's got thier own view of the thing. Maybe mines is too simplistic. I enjoyed it. Got taen in. Funny. The End.

7. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    To me it was kind of like a college prank. This is just a message board, so that doesn't really bother me much. Only part that had me worried were the mods' behavior... but of course that was all part and parcel to the joke.

If anything I'm actually impressed with Ellboy -- they're giving him some stick, but he comes off oozing class to me.

8. Pacific Ocean Blue

I also think even though some of these "Non Gold Members" were bullying this guy you could honestly say the mods and the likes of Henke67 were the ones dishing it out to this GF4 the most.... Ok most of us fell for it but it backfired because only a handful of people were being nasty with posts they were making. And Ellboy does have reason to be a bit * with the Mod/s showing his PM'S he was trying to stick up for this guy.

9. Airdrie Onion

Yeah, Ellbhoy comes out the noble figure here. The slaggers in on the joke were playing their part well. I wouldn't have a go at them at all. They acted well. I backed off when I thought the GF4 might be fro real, even though I wasn't going to add to the thing anyway. I've never been one to join in with bullying, and have had anough hassle for sticking my nose in to defend the bullied, whether at school or at work (even feared getting the sack for one incident years ago)

. As I say, I missed most of it after my last post but was getting horrified when I came back hours later and was reading through 31 pages of it. If they'd cut it off after GF4 calling Dempsey a *, that would've been perfect.

All in all, a hoot. I just hope nobody's got burned or resents anybosy else's involvement, that's all.

10. hoopycutie88

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    im quite shocked......dont understand why you would put on a fake post to see the reaction of everybody.

noone should feel bad for bullying or whatever cos thats what they wanted anyway.

As for the pms being shown, its disgraceful....... i will certainly watch what im doing from now on on here, were here to support the team and have a bit of fun, not to be set up.

thats just my opinion, hope all involved had a good laugh at our expense, it was funny when we thought it was real.

11. Nicolas

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish, Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The pigeon boy thread was probably the most entertaining practical joke ever.
    It's a bummer to wake up and find this thread, it was far funnier when he was real.

12. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    Lets look at the evidence.

1st from the very outset of Goingfor4’s need help thread. The mods jumped on the guy straight away. Why was that?

2nd Goingfor4 has not sent me a PM since the need for help thread was closed or at anytime after. Why is that I wonder?

3rd If you read the GM/mods comments in this thread, starting on the very first page to almost the last page, you will see them implicating each other .

4th This thread was locked for a time last night. Why was that?

5th The most obvious, below thread in main forum,

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/45003-skoosh-guy.html
    Post#9 in that thread
    Originally Posted by GoingFor4
    "not quite ,all is revealed in the gm section"

Now how does Goingfor4 know what goes on in the GM forum, he’s not a member or is he?

Look it’s obvious everyone sees it, you’ve been rumbled well done to all the co-conspirators on a fine prank.

Now be men enough to stand up and admit it, or can you lot not take the joke now?

P.S. Thank’s to all the members in this thread, for your stand-up comments. Obviously you guy’s can see through all the silliness.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  13. kennydal

point no 5 ellboy , whats that about ,dont get it ,and cant be bothered going over :rolleyes:

14. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    It's all a bit mysterious, I wonder what it means?:56:

15. kennydal

awrite seen it ,a new member saying all is revealed in the GM section ,when this guy goingfor4 has know shamrocks to his name ,but he know this info , i smell something

16. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It means GF4, aka pigeon boy (were you here for the threads??), is a sock puppet.

I'm not quite getting where this is going... but I can see it's not going away anytime soon.

:snack:

17. chanbhoy67

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You tell them hoopy :50:

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I have a lesson in life for some people;

If you can't take a joke, leave the internet.

* me gently, i cannot believe the over-reaction to a bit of harmless fun. Grow a pair of balls people :56:

19. Pacific Ocean Blue

Its simple 1 or more of the mods are sharing this GF4 account, When i used to moderate an online gaming forum, many members regestered on the forums as different accounts to start flaming other players, you can easily check by going to IPS when your a mod to who is using what accounts, unlucky mods you get a measliy 2-10 work on your aliasing skills next time you do another practical joke for * nd giggles work on the layout first:50:

Nd i took the joke well but some of the elements were too far or poorly planned///

20. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    I think most have taken the joke pretty well hammer, I don't see anyone being overly upset.

Now let's see if the people who played this prank, can do exactly what you suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.