1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Japanese football thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Skelleto, Feb 23, 2023.

Discuss The Japanese football thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Watching Japan vs Senegal U-20's. Theyve got that thing where after a var decision is made they announce the reason for the decision on microphone. I quite like it.

2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Wonder who it is? I think Matsuki has the potential to get to that level but I don't think it will be him.

Edit: Likely Kamada who is out of contract but I think AC Milan are chasing him too.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Cracking player and a decent move for him

Wllm likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Good video. FC Tokyo singing YNWA and doing the huddle is interesting. Their pre match is madness.

Wllm likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Btw all three games he goes to have better atmospheres than almost every Prem game.

6. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Brings back memories. I saw Kashiwa lift the 'FA cup' in 2013 too. The one thing I'd say though, while it is very noisy and colourful, it's also a tad bland. Same as when I saw Gais in Gothenburg, noisy but a bit bland. Hard to explain but it's all just 'nice'. Compare it to the UK where we literally want to kill everyone at a game and it's a bit meh. Guess you need that threat of violence lol. Having said that, it's well worth doing though!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    NomDePlum and MacEwan like this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Cracking move for him.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We need a GK. Why we didn't bid for him is a mystery.

9. saltire78

Utd aren't bidding £5M without properly vetting a player and having the correct conversations with the club. We probably didn't go after him because this was already wrapped up behind the scenes

10. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Was hoping we'd go in for him ages ago. He's on the smaller side for a keeper but has outstanding reflexes and agility. Ok with ball at his feet too.

Wouldn't have been ready for the no.1 jersey though as he has a few howlers in him and tends to flap at or misjudge crosses. But he's a very good prospect. Much better than Tobi Oluwayemi anyway.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Decent goal this. Lovely through ball...

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Far East Footballer

13. Foley1888

I wasn’t sure whether put this in player suggestions or not but Ao Tanaka that got a double today for Japan against Canada is a player I was surprised Ange never brought to us. Unless like Mitoma we were interested and he chose Fortuna Dussedorf in the German second tier but I think that is unlikely.

When playing for Kawasaki Frontale he was very highly rated much like Mitoma and Hatate were. I see he apparently wanted a move in the summer and with 18 months on his deal left was being touted for €3m. He would be a good pick up for that sort of fee.

High energy, box to box 8 type player knows Hatate well and combined well with him previously. Has that knack of arriving at the right time into the box and a good physical profile. I think if we are looking for a hybrid 6/8 like the young lad mentioned from South Korea we would be better served signing a more proven player like Ao Tanaka or even his Japanese national team mate Atsuki Ito.

14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's a good player. Theres a few of them like that in J League. Matsuki is one who I rate highly. Phenomenal engine and an aggressive wee *. Move to Lyon hasn't transpired so hope we are keeping tabs on him.

15. Foley1888

Yeah this is true, I just think with Tanaka it could be like with Sporting getting Moriata from Santa Clara where he has already been in Europe at a side who are not as strong and proven he can hack it and this is has chance to step up a level.

That bit more experience, all be it likely lower sell on value given his age but at €3m if he had a good season or two you could still turn a decent profit or have a strong player in your squad for a good period of time.

Wllm likes this.
  16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    LIVE | Urawa Reds vs Yokohama F・Marinos | Semifinal 2nd Leg | 2023 J.LEAGUE YBC Levain CUP