1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair when he was here outside of the Inter game the atmosphere at CP was dire

neilly1987 likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic manager Ronny Deila is set to quit Standard Liege for a shock move, according to reports.

Reports in Belgium suggest that the Norweigan is set to join league rivals Club Brugge after making a U-turn on his future.

Scott Parker was sacked by Brugge in March, with the club in turmoil ever since.

It's reported that they've pinpointed Deila as their preferred candidate to take over the reins of the club.

The ex-Hoops man enjoyed an impressive debut season in Belgian football, which has led to interest from Brugge.

Deila has yet to commit his future to Standard, but previous reports had stated that he was keen to stay on at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne.

However, reports in the Belgian media now say that the 47-year-old is ready to jump ship in favour of a move to Brugge.

It's said that Deila's representatives have held talks with Liege chiefs about his future.

Brugge reached the last 16 of this season's Champions League and are ready to hand Deila a sizeable budget to get them back challenging for silverware after a poor season

seanm likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Worked his way back to European football

seanm likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Good guy.

eire4 and seanm like this.
  6. Maestro 08

Got Liege turned around and heading in the right direction which has now been recognised. Brilliant appointment for him and Brugge I think. Def a good manager.

eire4 and seanm like this.
  7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Daily ranger running a negative article regarding him today

seanm likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lol at Hamburg, fans on park celebrating thinking they had automatic promotion a d Heideinhem score 2 goals in injury time, lol.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Surely not mate ?

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yep noticed it yesterday on the site

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    Rydo1888* likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20240315_92824254

Club trainer Ronny Deila addresses the world after Molde: “Everything is leaking in Bruges. Never experienced this before”

Ronny Deila surprised at his press conference after Molde (3-0) with a long speech - the Club coach clearly had something to say. We typed most passages in full. “If you tell something about me, it has to be right.”

Whether we can go all the way in the Conference League. (cynical) We are like Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. So it has to be done. (seriously again) We need some luck, but it is possible.”

(to our journalist) “You asked Hugo Vetlesen before the match whether the team should play for my job. That is not a good starting point. I told the players before the match that I can take care of myself – I am 48 years old. They had to enjoy themselves, playing for a European quarter-final. There is a sh*tstorm , people are looking for blame for the results, then you quickly lose focus and start pointing fingers at each other. But the players shouldn't think about me, they have already been fantastic for me this season."

I read all kinds of things about us in the press. No one is ever quoted. 'We know…' Recently it said that I had congratulated the players in the dressing room after OH Leuven. That is apparently a disaster, because we are Club Brugge. I have to laugh when I read that. Against Leuven it was all about winning, 2.5 days after a major disappointment in Molde. If I can't be positive after a victory, you know nothing about football or people. You have to boost the boys. I know that Leuven is not the best team in the world, but it was also not an easy task after a European move. Just look at other teams in Europe. Taking players down doesn't make them better. What we are doing now is right, given the circumstances. We are not playing great, I can see that, but we are building.”

“I get a little frustrated when we are no longer allowed to celebrate victories. Come on! Then I wonder why I still do it. Can't we have fun? Aren't we allowed to enjoy ourselves? That's what you have to do in life. You also have to be able to be tough with each other, but not permanently. If you do, then... (silences for a moment) Do you really think there are players who don't want it? I have to ensure that players reach their maximum potential. And many are doing well

An example: Andreas Skov Olsen. He has already played more minutes this season than in a long period of time. He has scored 22 goals. I am being criticized for not fielding Nusa and for Zinckernagel. How can I set up Nusa? Nusa?! He is never pain free. You are welcome to say things about me, but it must be correct. Who wouldn't want to play with Nusa? I was just protecting him. It was sold for 37 million (that was canceled after a problem during the physical tests of Brentford, ed.). Haven't I done something good after all? Thiago just the same. You also have to be able to see further than your nose. I'm playing without young players, so to speak. Come on! Union and Anderlecht no longer use it. You have to know what it's about. It makes me laugh

This is my message to everyone. It's a process. I know the media is talking to people within the club. Everything comes out, everything leaks, even information from the cloakroom. I've never experienced that before. However, I have worked in big clubs. Even at Celtic it wasn't that bad. You have to be able to deal with it.”

“I am honest, always say what I feel and don't care about hierarchy. It doesn't matter who you are, even the King of Norway can sit here and I can say he's an idiot. That's how it works in Norway, but maybe it's different here. For me, respect means showing who you are and having good values.”

“I believe we have a strong, talented team. We learn quickly. From good and bad times. And now we are in a European quarter-final. I dreamed of that.”

“I don't want to choose Europe from now on. I don't give up in the competition. There are still thirty points to be earned in the play-offs. Everything is still possible. We can be competitive in any competition.”

“It is now of course to be hoped that we draw the less strong opponents in Europe. Aston Villa and Lille are very strong, but we can do something against everyone. It's going to be interesting. I'm excited. We can do even better

13. Belgian_lad

Got the sack tonight…

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not kept up to date with them, but quick look, seems harsh?

Looked like results was decent til recently, but no leeway given, even though doing well in conference. First year at brugge though so maybe not given much leeway there.

Interested to see where he goes next, always liked him and would take him back before a few others who've been through our door.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aberdeen should give him a go

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They are 4th, but I think they are expected to compete for the league. You don't sack 3 managers in 15 months unless you have high expectations

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    3 in 15 months?

Mental!

Giving Aberdeen food for thought.

Aye they surely must expect to be title challengers at worse each season, if not winners. The league isn't much stronger than ours, albeit 2 or 3 maybe more competitive in reality.

But aye, biggest club surely in Belgium. But you can't be going through managers that quickly and not expect issues.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Lennons had a 2nd shot. Rodgers has had a second shot. Whens ronnys roar coming back?

SwissCelt and Peej like this.
  19. Belgian_lad

They are by far the richest club in Belgium at the moment. They defo should be up there for the title. But are turning a bit jnto a basketcase of a club. Sporting director sacked because of drinking problems, continues wrong decisions on managers.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CLUB BRUGGE SAYS GOODBYE TO RONNY DEILA

Ronny Deila is no longer head coach of Club Brugge.

Deila (48) has been head coach of Blauw-Zwart since the beginning of this season. After disappointing results and level of play, it was decided to discontinue the collaboration with head coach Ronny Deila and assistants Efrain Juarez and Kristof Aelbrecht. In recent weeks, Club has not seen enough of Club Brugge's DNA in the game delivered and the sporting management is convinced that better results should be possible with the current core.

Club Brugge is looking for a new head coach with a view to next season. In the meantime, Club NXT head coach Nicky Hayen will take over. He will be supported in this by Michiel Jonckheere (head coach U18) and the other current staff members of Club A.