1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who could we replace Ange with?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Danny 4692, May 25, 2023.

Discuss Who could we replace Ange with? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's * hilarious how wrecked their heads are :56:

Crilly likes this.
  2. murphy88

If Ange were to leave this summer, could the same not be said about him?

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Ange will go, I think he will want another crack at CL. A year from now, perhaps it’s a different conversation.

3. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Yeah mate, I was including Ange in this. As I said after this post. We are just so screwed being in Scotland. As soon as anyone, managers, players, even youth players show any decent form they are snapped up by * no mark clubs down the road with millions to throw about.

How the * do we ever build to challenge in europe when we essentially have a 2 year recycle period

NakamuraTastic and MickeyyMack like this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Quick heads up.. huns are the dumbest most gullible thick as * support in the world. Half a brain would be generous, and I'm talking about all of them combined..

seamus1967 and Dalbeth3 like this.
  5. murphy88

It’s been the same since probably Strachan took over to be fair. MON was able to compete on a financial side of things to a degree as wages between us and top sides in England weren’t totally miles apart, since then, the landscape of football throughout Europe has completely changed.

We just need to hope that Ange feels like he can do something in Europe with us, which I do genuinely believe he think he can. The point you are arguing however could be put to most clubs throughout Europe. It doesn’t excuse our results in the past 10 or so years, which have been rank rotten.

I’m hopeful we will retain all of our top players this summer though, as well as Ange. We will add a couple of quality players also. This is the year we need to make an impact in Europe though. This team have been together for a good length of time now, and we will inevitably lose a few in a years time I feel, so it has to be this season, or we go back to the start of the cycle come next summer, and perhaps without Ange, as I feel next season may well be the final one. I’ll caveat that with saying that if we were to do well in Europe though, it again might be enough to convince him there is a real possibility of being able to achieve something very special here.

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Michel current girona manager

Dublin Celt likes this.
  7. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Always the question.
    Who would come here?...usually a manager out to prove a point (i.e. ange proves he can cut it coming from Asia) OR needs a resurgence in his career (i.e. Rodgers).

As for names, no idea. Would a left field appointment work again? Don't know if good luck would hit twice like it did with Ange. But I'm sure there is someone in the City Group we haven't heard about yet that is already being lined up to take over next season or the following.

8. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    I’m not saying I want him but would Jesse March be an option plays the high pressing high tempo football. If Ange does leave I’d go for Knutsen done unreal at Bodo in European Comps

9. calmac23

Marsch was really poor at Leeds and Leipzig. I'd rather we focused our efforts elsewhere if Ange left.

That Michel guy mentioned seems quite interesting. Iraola from La Liga too is leaving at the end of the season and would be a good option.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No Marches teams are even more open than Ange's and Leeds fans absolutely hate him

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Who was the youth coach from Man City we were linked with before ?

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Maresca who ended up at Parma amd got sacked after a few months and is back at City now

Dublin Celt and Twisty like this.
  13. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I reckon given that Ange is leaving on a high we'd be more inclined to appoint like-for-like: someone attack-minded, from abroad, less known. Could see the board taking an "if it ain't broke" mentality.

You also tend to see a pattern when a foreign left-field appointment ends in failure, you get a known quantity local lad to replace them, with the same happening in reverse. Think about Deila to Rodgers, then Lennon to Ange.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I was one of the numpties that wanted him ahead of Ange :87:

15. Big C

We are all in agreement, we love the way we are playing and scoring freely. Would there be a temptation to move Kennedy up to take Ange’s role? This is not about saving money it’s about continuity. He would play the same style as Ange etc. I’m in no way saying he should get it, if Ange leaves, but maybe he should be considered.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No

AdamRS likes this.
  17. themouth1888

Martin O'Neil. It will be going on in the background as we speak if indeed Ange is going to take Spurs job.

It Ange leaves and we spend a full summer trying to get someone in they the league is in bother next season

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Ange leaves, something tells me it could be John Kennedy.

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Only thing getting replaced is Ange's rolling contract for a proper one.

seamus1967 likes this.
  20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Don't.