1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

So many opinions encompassing both sides of the scale with nothing to prove one thing or another. Yeah, Ange could have killed dead rumours but hes never been like that. He's true to himself and never changes tact.

Zero happening until after the cup final. Let's enjoy the here and now.

CHAMPIONS AGAIN :62:

Lecs likes this.
  2. Bonobhoy

He will soon realise (if he goes) that he will never get the fan base or any type of Atmosphere at any game down South. He will miss this imo.

Id love to see him do well down there...But as * as it is in England regarding sacking managers every 2 mins he could make it 5 months and a team like Spurs would be short in sacking him quickly.

He has a chance here to be an absolute icon, as in Jock Stein territory here...He has the fans the atmosphere the money if asked (albeit nothing like the Premiership)....He could go on and on up here winning everything.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. themouth1888

I wonder if he's at the stage that Rodgers was at? Knew to take the next step we need to invest heavier to get the next level type of player. If we can't give him that then he will maybe look elsewhere especially if his wages are being tripled at least.

Btw I'm not sticking up for Rodgers. He should have waited till the end of the season but he didn't.

NakamuraTastic and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  4. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    listening to those wanks on radio Scotland, and you can hear it in their voices how desperate for big Ange to take the spurs job, while (I kid you not) extolling the genius that is Moley, giving it how Beale is an elite, yes, an Elite manager and he showed how good he is by sussing out big Ange in the run in to the end of the season.
    so, he wins one game, which turns out to be a dead rubber and he's instantly propelled into the ''elite bracket''
    you know, usually I'd be shouting and swearing in the car but was just laughing at the idiots. bawbags !!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thats what I was thinking he sat down with DD 10 days ago and was promised infrastructure changes at Lennoxtown and barrowfield he wanted, the biggest budget in the last 20 years amazing how quickly football changes

Darksel likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbh mate he said he found with us what he has looked for all his football life and I thought we might get around 4 years out him but listen if he wins a treble next week that's 5 out of 6 trophies and he done better than any of us could have imagined.

But what will be an issue is if he comes back for kyogo, jota, CCV.

That's the issue for me but we will have a new manager who hopefully will see the further potential in this squad with guaranteed UCL group stage football and ange will get the chance to showcase his talent in the EPL

7. Darksel Gold Member Gold Member

Wish he was promised the full stadium being completed, get another 10k on the waiting list in :giggle1::giggle1:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Let's just wait and see guys

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You are by far the biggest * I've ever seen on this site, and that is saying a LOT :56:

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

He has the same start at spurs that he did with us he'd be out on his * come November

DonnyCelt, NakamuraTastic and Lecs like this.
  11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The anti Celtic press have managed to strike fear into many Celtic fans yet again.

Ange will not be going anywhere as fourth, fifth or sixth choice as a list of rejections get whittled down to “you’ll have to do then”.

Ange will not go to Spurs. Spurs have sacked Mourinho and Conte for goodness sake. Why touch that crap?

The only clubs down there he would entertain are Liverpool & the Manchester clubs.

If they do come up and they climb out their own self inflated rectums for egos and approach him then he will have something to think about.

He will be with us for 4-5 years or more then take his family home a very rich and contented man who will be a hero for the rest of his life.

Morcombe, DonnyCelt, elbhoydo and 5 others like this.
  12. Lecs

Totally understandable point.

See I don't even think the money thing is a factor with Ange, I never have felt that Ange would have made a move that was motivated by money.

Maybe that's totally naive of me, as everybody has a price, but Ange doesn't strike me as a money hungry guy. He seems to be a total footballing purist, has the passion for entertainment, improvement, fans, culture and history.

We knew Rodgers came from managing in the EPL and wanted to go back there, Ange was 55 or so when he signed for us. He didn't seem to bang on about or express any desire to manage in England.

The Tottenham issue is that they potentially are sleeping giants, if backed they could be fighting for the top 5 in the "world's best league". They're not a Wolves, or a Leeds or an Everton.

So, aye, sadly I think he's offski.

13. PaddyJamieson

Swung every which way over this and am finally plonking for i just don't have a * clue. Today was special, the last two years have been special, and if Ange is leading us out come August that'll be special too.

My favourite Celtic manager in my lifetime and I'll genuinely always treasure the memories from the last two years. Fingers crossed we can add a few more memories before he inevitably leaves.

14. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He's not going anywhere

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

15. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I do believe if Spurs seriously want him he'd go unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong though

Slaw likes this.
  16. jambo_cfc

My worry is with ange is other than national teams he seems to have a 2/3 season stay at clubs and moves ! He might see it as he’s would be leaving on a high and with spurs being at a low point then the only way is up for them! After next week he will have written himself into Celtic history books so it might be mission accomplished from his part.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Like our top players, it's a catch22, victims of our own success ...

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly on a personal level he would be daft to quash it dead.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, even if he's not interested in this job, it shoes integrity to other potential suitors in future..

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I hate to be a Debbie downer but I feel it’s a very real possibility he’s going to go. I think if he’s offered it he will take it.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.