1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, May 3, 2023.

Discuss Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

All the talk was about a massive rebuild over the city but having a look in here it seems we have the bigger one. All the players leaving the zombies are past it or have been * for the last season and a half so won’t be missed.

We need upgrades in areas but I wouldn’t be punting 6/7 first team/bench regs. We already lost 2 in JJ & GG and will most likely sell Abada and O’Riley in the summer. That’s 4 very important players in Anges first two seasons and could be potentially be more. I get we need to sell to fund upgrades and cash in when it’s the last chance but I don’t think selling 5/6 first team regulars every couple of seasons will do us any favours. We won’t get anywhere in Europe doing that and having half a new team constantly.

2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Who's idea was it to give Bain a three year deal and who the * signed Bernabei?

BhoyFitz and john2061 like this.
  3. john2061

The same idiot who gave McCarthy a 4 year deal * ridiculous who did that .

Blochairnbhoy, BhoyFitz and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Deserves a good kick in the haw maws for that

john2061 and BhoyFitz like this.
  5. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song

This, all day long.

martin_d likes this.
  6. john2061

No excuses for the board £50 million in the bank and champions league money and season ticket money on top of that .

martin_d likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Plus probably an extra 15-20m in potential transfer sell on clauses.

8. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Bain contract was an odd one. And raised many an eyebrow.

As was Mccarthy and Forrest.

I know some people can point to Ralstons contract and say the same thing and thats worked out ok. But ralston wasn't in his 30's.

Hopefully Abada will be the only first choice player to leave. And even then first choice is loose.

Add a significant sell on fee potentially incoming if not two, plus players like:

Barkas
    Bernabei
    Welsh
    Soro
    Turnbull
    Haska
    Ajati

Then there's no reason Ange can't be giving 30m to go out get us 5 players to get us to another level.

I'd be reluctant to lose haska but with only 17 foreign players allowed registered for Europe I just feel that the below positions need addressed more

GK
    LCB
    LB
    CM
    RW

9. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

IMG_8090.jpeg

saltire78, AdamRS, neilly1987 and 3 others like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has been discussing the club’s transfer business this summer, admitting it could be a difficult window due to clubs potentially coming in for high-performing players in the squad.

The Bhoys are heading into another big summer period looking to tool up for another title at the UEFA Champions League group stages, which the team are already guaranteed to be competing in.

Postecoglou has stated work is already well underway to prepare for the challenges ahead but has suggested it could be a “tricky” window to navigate for the club

He said in a media conference today [Celtic FC]: “We’re not close to confirming anyone but our work started a while back. It’s an ongoing thing. I think this transfer market potentially could be a tricky one for us. It’s the first one where potentially they could come for some of our key players.

“We’ve got to be ready for that. We’ve got to insure ourselves against those kinds of things happening. We’ve identified players we think can make us a better side but also the insurance is there if we lose a couple, that we’re still in good shape. Over the course of events those things will get announced. The work is always ongoing.”

There’s already been plenty of speculation around Celtic players ahead of the window opening. Liel Abada, Kyogo Furuhashi and others have been the subject of transfer reports. It’s a natural by-product of success in a market that richer clubs can shop in.

Postecoglou will have a robust transfer budget to work with, even before we take into account player sale. The club undoubtedly have the resources to make sure the squad is stronger at the end of August than it is at the moment, regardless of who could leave.

As always, smart decisions need to be made, but the manager and staff in place have shown that, more often than not, they can get it right.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Been offered Ryan Fraser apparently

12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    2 years left on his contract and on 42k a week.

Obviously Howe has a major issue with him and banished him to the kids (in a total * move imo, harbouring a grudge for refusing a contract a Bournemouth), but the homicidal states 11 have already knocked back loan bids from EPL sides, wanting a straight transfer.

He could cost us anything from 5-8m, and his wages are a major block.

There's no sell on value and he'll be looking a McCarthy contract as it could be his last.

No chance of this happening.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Reckon he’ll go across the city

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Apparently a Tim but you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you..

Pulls out is Scotland squads regularly and sly. Think he done a wrongun on Howe and Bournemouth to go to Newcastle. Always injured..

Good player mind but no for me..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Mr Diggler

To move to the next level we have to invest in a couple of key positions. I think we need to improve our left back options and also need another winger. Possibly a midfielder as well.

Hart

Johnston
    CCV
    Starfelt
    ?

McGregor
    Hatate
    ?

Jota
    Kyogo
    ?

Taylor has improved a lot but we still require an upgrade. Mooy has been excellent but is ageing and O'Riley blows hot and cold albeit he is young enough. Maeda has fantastic work rate for away European games but us too wasteful at the top level. I think though we still have the basis of a very good team. Favourites for the league but just a few bits of quality needed for the champions league.

16. PaddyJamieson

Absolutely no way I want Ryan Fraser here.

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Ryan Fraser is a good player.... when fit.

But I just don't know if his got the mobility outwide to be as dynamic as Ange's system dictates our wide men are to be.

Feel like he'd slow our game down something horrible

18. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Think we might need a goalie annaw mate.

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Goalkeeper and another Centre Back for me.

GK- Upgrade

RB- Johnstone
    CB- CCV
    CB- Upgrade
    LB- Upgrade

DM- McGregor
    CM- Hatate
    CM- Upgrade

RW- Upgrade
    ST- Kyogo
    LW- Jota

20. Mr Diggler

Ideally yes but on the whole 5 changes to a possible treble winning team seems excessive. I think Hart is a decent keeper and is also vice captain with being a huge influence in the dressing room. He won't be replaced. Starfelt and CCV have a great partnership. I wouldn't be Starfelt's biggest fan but he didn't really get a chance in the CL this year so he could well step up.

The_Bhoy likes this.