1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, May 3, 2023.

Discuss Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Easier to list the players good enough after these recent performances.

Massive clear out needed.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Too much deadwood.

Bain, Bernabei, Turnbull, Forrest, Kobayashi (by the looks of it), Ralston and Abada. For a start.

3. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Out

Bain
    Ralston
    Yuki
    Bernabei
    Abada
    Welsh
    Lawal
    Turnbull
    O Riley

In

Replacements for all of the above.

Wee Baldy and Morcombe like this.
  4. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    wow * has happened in the last few weeks. so much for having a strong squad.

get Bain, Forrest, Ralston, Bernabei and Kobayashi to *
    Hopefully sell Abada and Turnbull for some decent money

then * replace all of them with players good enough to be starters.

I'd rather register Vata and Summers as homegrown than keep * like bain and forrest.

the board better * back ange in the summer

BhoyFitz likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

GK CB CM RW

I think we need to go out and sign players for those position to walk in to the first team. Then on top of that another LB RB and ST

BhoyFitz, Wee Baldy and PaddyJamieson like this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Vata and Summers are b list players so can play in Europe without taking up a squad place.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We absolutely need at least 4 players to come straight into the starting XI.

GK, LB, CM and RW. Maybe even a CB.

Need real quality.

8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Keep -

Hart
    CCV
    Starfelt
    Johnston
    Taylor
    Hatate
    Iwata
    McGregor
    Maeda
    Jota
    Kyogo
    Oh

Anybody else I couldn't care about tbh. Probably missed someone but heids up my *.

BhoyFitz and Morcombe like this.
  9. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    well thats not good if it means we need to keep useless duds like bain, ralston and forrest just to have 8 homegrown players.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  10. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    We were on our * some time before we lost a few wks back.

Been on fumes.

Too much deadwood.

Too dependent upon CCV to look even half competent or solid at the back.

Next season will be one too many for hart.

We actually need to change our entire structure as centre mid with hatate also out and only building back up now has been gash for literally months.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think GK is dependent on Siegrist leaving. CB is a must as your 3rd choice has to be at least Solid. I'd also rather have Murray than Yuki as a project next season.
    CM again a must, I imagine at least 1 leaving.
    RW we are short here and i think we can improve on Abada (who I really like) and start to blood in Vata.
    I don't see another right back coming in to be honest and left back is if Bernabei leaves. A striker should be a someone who can play elsewhere in the pitch. Our current 2 are out and out strikers, a third probably needs to be more versatile to be of value to the squad.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    You don't need to keep anybody. You don't need to fill homegrown spots you just can't have more than 17 non homegrown. This means when you have more than 17 someone has to miss out which will * them off.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I thought 1 centre half but we need 2 now..

We have a good defensive partnership but outside of that we have nothing. Zero to call on if either Carter-Vickers or Starfelt get injured..

We've shipped 9 in 3 games. Imagine * forbid if we had to lineup with Welsh and Kobayashi for a spell? Doesn't bare thinking about..

In no order we need

A keeper to at least be phased in to taking over from Hart, but already ready

A left back who's better than Taylor

2 centre halves who are dominant and have some sort of pace

A box to box 8 and another type who can play there and as a 10 type with vision to open things up

A first team right winger of quality. Add in another who can play wide and up top..

A backup right back..

That's 9 players above. At least 4 of them have to be quality starters at

Right wing
    Left back
    Centre mid
    Goalkeeper

Get rid of

Siegrist, Hazard, Barkas
    Ralston or at least add someone and stick him further down the chain
    Bernabei
    Kobayashi, Welsh, Scales
    O'Riley, McCarthy, Turnbull, Soro
    Abada, Haksabanovic
    Ajeti

That's at least 15 I'd try and shift..

Only O'Riley and Abada genuine first team types to go and Haksabanovic and Ralston possibly I'd look to move on as they aren't credible options to get runs in the side..

Plenty of work to be done. We have a very good starting 11 on our day but our depth is shockingly *. Time to spend a fair bit and get rid of the no users..

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Might sound stupid but we could actually have a huge rebuild on our hands this summer if teams come in for our players like rumoured to…..CCV, Starfelt, hatate, O’reilly, Abada, Kyogo, and some reports even maeda. A few of them might actually want to leave too if they get good offers regardless of us having Champions league. (That’s before you then take into consideration all of the fringe players off too but they’re obvs not as important)

Wee Baldy likes this.
  15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Similar to me.

I’d add Mooy to the keep list and wouldn’t be arsed if everyone else left. I wouldn’t mind Maeda leaving either.

16. oh bhoy

why stop there ,heres another couple for the list m. johnston,forrest,urhoghide,shaw,ideguchi,montgomery,kenny,lawal

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    BhoyFitz and PaddyJamieson like this.
  17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Be interesting to see if Ange is backed big this summer with all the record turn overs and possible former player fees if they are are sold buy their other clubs plus more champions league money etc.

We always should be adding to what we have and loads of agreed about replacing Hart, make him number two and get a replacement in.

But with giving Bain a three deal I think he is sticking with Hart for another season. Last night showed how * Bain really is. Worrying.

Centre half, again loads of people wanted another centre half, I would argue we need at least two now cause we are terrible without CCV and the new lad from Japan is * woeful.

Left back Again can’t fault Taylor for turning his career around but we could do much better and use him as back up and especially for Europe, Berni needs to be send back to his old team and a refund asked he is * terrible.

Centre Mid, we need a Wanyama type big athletic to break up the oppositions play and can get up and down. The second is another engine in the mould of Cal Max for me. Could end up selling Hatate this summer.

Natural number 10, We don’t have that someone who can unlock defences with passes when the box is packed

Right winger, need a starting first team player for this role no doubts about it.

Third choice forward, need someone with a bit more experience than Oh who can help him with his game.

I would also say we need to add some back up players too after the last 3 games have shown the ones we have are clearly not good enough or start using the youth players cause they need first team football.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Season 3 of a manager is always a bit dodgy. Players contracts get to that two year stage where other moves are planned. Sales are made so they can't run them down, interest in players peak turning heads and some wanting "a new challenge." Or in other words more cash.

I don't know how ange has done in the past in this regard with the season 3 curse? However, performances have been on a downward trajectory for a couple of months now.

Good news is we have champions league. Meaning it's easier to sign better talent and current talent that stays will want another shot at it, meaning they'll perform weekly to get that. I think we need a big turn over of players to freshin things up and stop the current stagnation.

19. PaddyJamieson

This thread has taken on a whole new significance over the last few weeks.

I think this summer is in some ways Ange's biggest challenge yet. First season was obviously massive but there weren't as many expectations as now. It's one thing refreshing and rebuilding someone else's squad, but as other managers have proven, doing it with your own often proves too big a challenge.

I think we could see turnover not dissimilar to Ange's first year, around 10 in and 10 out. Maybe not quite 10 in, but 7-8 at least.

BhoyFitz and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was just about to post the same. When I started it I was confident but a bit concerned we'd not learn from past mistakes. Now it's quite clear where we need to strengthen:giggle1:

PaddyJamieson likes this.