1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I have never rated him as a good keeper but he has been a decent stop gap for us, I personally think a top keeper is a must now, some of the goals hart has let in has been shocking to say the least, I'd like to see the other guy we got from Dundee U giving the rest of the season if available

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

A good goal keeper is the difference between when we beat the greatest Barcelona team in modern times, possibly best team on the planet in modern times, or this season where old men of Madrid destroyed us.

Reports of the great Wall.
    Winning us the cup saving more shots than iv ever witnessed...

Or Joe Hart, hasn't made a save that iv ever thought "how'd he save that!?!"

We need a keeper if we've any aspirations of Europe after Christmas. Joe's just not good enough anymore. Spend big. It'll be the biggest difference maker in Europe we could ever have.

3. PaddyJamieson

He's excellent to have around and has done a brilliant job for us. It's time for an upgrade though - everyone can see that.

4. leeso-ardoyne

I don't think Ange will be getting rid of him next season or the season after TBH. Who is there out there in our price range. Very difficult position to fill so even thou Joe has a few faults and flaws to his game, I think he's the best we'll get for now.

5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Agree with everything.

But there has been a few times when we've been up against and he's pulled off a few. Mainly when it's a scramble and he just launches into it pulling off 2-3 stops. Got to give it to him he does put himself in the getting kicked about positions.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He has been a good keeper for us but going and finding a match winning keeper would be massive for us. No easy to find but someone who can pulloff a worldy, save a penalty, regularly come off his line and take the pressure off the back line..

We would then be missing that vocal leader at the back but if he's turning in joke performances like yesterday and putting the frighteners up everybody....then all of the former becomes irrelevant..

Would he stay as backup though? I very much doubt it..

Needs competition at the very least....but really replacing for me..

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

What an outlook that is. Of course we can get a better keeper without breaking the bank.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It amazes me he was England's number one when Forster is clearly better.

Twisty likes this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I actually think he would tbh.

Like, we won't bring in a GK to outright replace him, I think we'll sign one to compete with him, but basically tell Hart he isn't guaranteed to be first choice anymore unless he improves. He's wasted a few years on the bench, but he ain't getting any PL gigs anymore, so I'd be shocked if he wants to leave us anytime soon.

And as much as we'll miss Hart's leadership at the back, I think almost everyone here would take a proper shot stopper over leadership. Forster is a good example, he was the opposite of the leader, but he more than made up for that in different ways.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

Time will tell but I think your wrong! He'll be our no1 next season and possibly the season after is when he'll start losing his place although that's if Ange stays .

If we could get a better keeper without breaking the bank, who is it. Joe hart is still a very good keeper no matter what people think about him!

Noskeil likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Think he's been outstanding for us, he's made save after save, some absolutely breathtaking. Granted the last few games he hasn't covered himself in glory but bar that he's been a mainstay,

I don't think people are giving him enough credit or respect. He come to the club and shored up our worst position, allowing Ange to build a stronger side. I do think his best years are behind him and think we should be looking for a replacement to take the level up, but no way is he deserving of some of the comments atm.

12. TheHappyLoss

Mate even Broony got a lot of stick toward the end, some fans are a feckin disgrace.

StPauli1916 and Noskeil like this.
  13. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's done. Ange has a big decision to make, stick with Hart for the Cup Final or bring Bain in.
    Hart is like a statue just now frozen on his line.

14. TheHappyLoss

Not a * chance Bain plays the final. Last time Bain played Danny McGrain was on the bench ffs

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can we swap him with Ralston?

TheHappyLoss, jimbobers and Wllm like this.
  16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The stick was aimed at Lennon and Kennedy, more so Kennedy for continually starting Brown rather than at Brown himself.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We managed to sign Kyogo without breaking the bank. Johnston. Hatate. Even CCV and Jota were signed for good fees, all things considered. Why do some people think it's nigh on impossible to do the same in the goalkeeping position? It's nonsense.

A very good keeper doesn't concede that first one yesterday. A very good keeper doesn't stand like a statue as the ball goes past him, as often as Hart does. It's clear as day he's on the decline. He's beginning to move like a footballer approaching his 40s.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Although I love the big guy, he now gives away too many soft goals. If we really want to progress in Europe as well as maintain our dominance here in Scotland then we need an upgrade

Rydo1888* and TheHappyLoss like this.
  19. Lewis Kerr

A unique phenomenon exists at this club where a large majority of the fanbase get duped into small time thinking when it comes to replacing players.

Over the years fans have often labelled average or sub-par players as "irreplaceable". Hart being one of them now. It's always "we can't get better" or "with our budget we won't find someone who can replace him" etc.

Too many of us are too emotionally invested in the players that walk through the door. Especially when they seem to "get it", which I'm sure clouds their judgement. I love Hart's interviews as much as the next man, but it doesn't count for * if he's constantly causing or conceding soft goals for us.

There are many, many goalkeepers out there who would be a better option than Hart moving forward. Alright, an idiot under Lennon's tenure identified Barkas. So what, we remain passive in the transfer market because of one bad signing? A competent scout should be able to find someone to replace Hart. If not they should be relieved of their duties.

For example see Rayo at Brentford, one of the best goalkeepers in the EPL and probably going to be the Spain No1 in the near future. They picked him up from Blackburn for £3 million pounds.

Look at Greg Taylor, granted he is a decent player in this system, but he is another one where the hyperbolic narrative of "replacing him is impossible" exists. I mean come on tae *.

Again, whoever scouted Bernabei wasn't doing their due diligence, why we'd sign a guy who plays like a winger at fives with no defensive bone in his body to play in this system is beyond me. Does that mean we shouldn't be looking for Taylor's replacement? Of course not! If it's genuinely possible we should always be looking to improve on the first eleven. I've got no time for sentiment.

Some players are very hard to replace. A Joe Hart who will be 37 next season with his best days way behind him isn't one of them.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :rofl:

Bring Bain in ffs.

Noskeil likes this.