1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Die daily record just die

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by jake10, Mar 31, 2023.

Discuss Die daily record just die in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Latest circulation figures show the record down to 59k, down 200k in ten years, so in about 3/4 years the print version should be gone, you’d think they’d notice they’ve backed the wrong hun horse alienating Celtic fans, like the herald going anti snp in 2005, although no matter who the herald backed I’d not support them with their previous history, like the huns of not employing Catholics, probably think we only understand Gaelic

Daily Record - 59,615
    Sunday Mail - 56,866
    The Herald - 12,928
    Herald on Sunday - 6,679
    The Scotsman - 8,762
    Scotland on Sunday - 4,921 Sunday Post - 35,183 The National - 3,555
    Sunday National - 4195

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I make a paper round up in the morning. Tbh it's not even worth doing these days. Soon as the paper boy goes to college and doesn't want the job its being stopped. Think it costs more to pay him but he's a good boy that turns up at 6am everyday for years now... I keep saying after 7s plenty.. could even get away with 8 its that small these days. Young ones don't buy them, even old ones are now getting it on an ipad etc. I'll give it 10 years max and most papers will be gone.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Do you run a shop mate?

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We stopped needing papers once they banned chippies from wrapping fish suppers in them. I don't know anyone that buys them, I used to when I was on the tools, now you get better coverage of the stuff you like on news apps on your phone.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I go to co-op on Saturday morning and still queue of people buying papers … yeh the circulation is down but theirs good few people not giving old school media like tv and papers up as it’s tried and tested you look at Facebook social media tik too and it’s all full of false * Facebook marketplace is like the new Barras people getting scammed rotten everyday as theirs no regulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. StevieBhoooy!

Quite sad reflection on the nation that the Daily Rancid is still the top seller despite the plummeting figures..

It should be dead by now but unfortunately people switching to
    their online Pish and giving them clicks are still funding them.

Im surprised that the Scotsman and Herald are clinging on with such low figures. They can’t possibly be making money.

I suspect one or both of those will be first to go and probably soon.

Hopefully the DR follows close behind or even ahead of those…. with the Football Klub it does PR for going under at the same time.

Don’t buy it… don’t read it… don’t give them ‘clicks’..

Noskeil likes this.
  7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Every time I see a DR or Sun story on the news pages its always something like.

'Youve been opening your tins of beans wrong your whole life', oh come on 21 year old tell me where I've went wrong in you 3 years of * wisdom!

Or

'I'm the hottest mum in the playground, other mums are threatened by me', naw your a boot that's actually called a paper to tell them complete nonsense, worst of it all is they printed it!

Lol