1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    We would probably have to move soon to secure the deal as he is already on 15 goals and 7 assists(?) for the season and could finish for a lot more.

Hes been playing at Left wing and centre forward for them and has scored imtwice vs Rangers. His goal record for Benfica B is very good as well. I think we would be nuts not to be in for him. Guy is loved by the sheep fans. They paid decent money for their standards as well.

Taylor1 likes this.
  2. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm on the same page as you, I think we would have to move quickly for him given his very impressive record and performances with Aberdeen. I am sure our scouts will be on to this. He is quick, strong and powerful and can play on the wing or as a striker. Only 22 too.

He would fit the bill if Abada does go, and we would make some good money on these deals, if it takes off.

3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Tijjani Reijnders.

Meant to be having a very good season in Holland. Dismantled Dundee Utd's midfield (albeit they were *) over in Holland if i remember correctly.

Probably cost a bit tho...

4. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Warming to the idea of Duk if the price was right.

Had our fingers burnt before buying one season wonders from other Scottish clubs but he isn't some diddy that has kicked about the English lower leagues before having an Indian summer up here.

Benfica is about the best footballing education a player can have and he is clearly talented. Quick and strong as well and seems keen to press.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Foley1888

I hadn’t appreciated the keeper Jay Gorter on loan to Aberdeen from Ajax is the Dutch U21 keeper. He actually had a decent game against us at Celtic Park despite us winning 4-0. There wasn’t much he could do about our goals but did probably save Aberdeen from a proper tanking. Also coming through at Alkmaar and having spent time at Ajax and with Dutch youth systems you would imagine he would be good with the ball at his feet.

The video is when he was at Go Ahead Eagles and Ajax decided to buy him.

A more proven player is David Jurasek of Slavia Prague and the Czech national team. He is a 22 year left back who seems to chip in with goals and a decent number of assists given his good deliveries into the box. He is a good size as well at around 6ft and has good pace and dribbling ability. He wouldn’t be cheap but would be genuine competition for Taylor and he has played further forward before too on the left wing. Although given how good his dribbling is and left foot he could probably be decent on the right wing as a left footer coming in.

A left footed right winger who seems to always perform well for the Dutch U21 side is Elayis Tavsan. He will be 22 at the end of April is fairly tall for a winger at around 6 ft. His stats for his club aren’t great with only 3 assists and 3 goals in 25 but he does seem pretty highly rated in the Netherlands. His dribbling skills are really good, he has decent pace and is capable of the spectacular, to take the next steps he probably needs to work on his decision making but Ange could be the coach to help with that given the success we have had with Jota. He is in the last year of his deal come the summer at NEC Nijmegen so could be available for a decent price.

More of a prospect but given the success of
    Kvaratskhelia at Napoli, I had a look at the Georgian national team and they have called up a 17 year old playing for the league leading team Dinamo Tbilisi called Gabriel Sigua. He is a box to box centre mid and a big guy for only 17. It is probably the first thing you notice is how physically dominant he looks, both on the ground and in the air.

He has an impressive range of passing and also times his runs into the box well and is good at resisting a press. Out of possession he is hard working and is good at breaking up play.

All be it, he is playing in the Georgian league but he looks a real prospect and turns 18 in June so could be signed in the summer window and if developed still have enough time in our system to be considered home grown when 21 and in a year or two (can’t remember the rule) be eligible for our B list.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’d get him immediately, I’m majorly impressed with him.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not what we need at the moment but if the opportunity opened up in the summer i'd take Pellegrino from Bodo if we could get him on the cheap. 32 now but a good player that would score a barrel load here.

8. jvalin

What happens with Oh if we sign Duk? Do you guys think there will be enough minutes for both of them?

Duk can provide cover at LW, but I doubt we need yet another LW. I mean, we currently have 3 natural LWs in Jota, Maeda and Haksa and only 1 starting-caliber, natural RW in Abada (who may be on his way out).

Another concern is home-grown status. Under UEFA rules, we can register up to 17 non-home-grown players. As things stand right now, we have 15 undroppable such players in the squad, plus Bernabei and Siegrist. Long story short, we can buy up to 2 non-home-grown players. For any additional player we sign, we need to sell one player too. There's an opportunity cost involved. By signing Duk, we may won't be able to sign another target.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No idea how much he’d cost but Martin Baturina at Zagreb. 20 years old, reminds me a bit of Hatate:

10. Foley1888

I know he hasn’t played there for Aberdeen but if we do sell Abada would he be an option off the right off the front 3? That is the only way I could see it happening, given we already have Jota, Maeda and Haksabanovic who can all cover the left.

Alternatively we sign him, he competes with Maeda off the left, Jota is viewed as starting right winger and Haksabanovic is used more centrally if we lost Turnbull? That way Duk would take Abada’s place in terms of Club trained etc.

He definitely seems to have something about him Duk, there seems to be plenty of interest in him. Also the deal that took him to Aberdeen saw 50% of any sale remain with Benfica, so unless there is a release clause he may cost a fair bit.

His back story which was on the BBC website I think it was recently was interesting, seemed to constantly perform well at any level he got a chance but kept getting written off due to his height. Benfica B is definitely worth a look when trying to sign players as they bring through so many and also sign so many, there are always going to be talented guys that don’t make it with them but are still very good players.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Just watching Australia v Ecuador and I like the look of that Joe Guaci. Young Australian keeper who looks like he knows what he’s doing, good height, good positioning and only 22. Think he’ll be the next Australian keeper and expect to see him overseas soon.

Foley1888 likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He is right footed and can come in off the right also if you have a look at some of the goals he has scored for the sheep. His dribbling, pace and face that he could most likely play any of the front three positions would be an asset. His style of play would fit straight into our system.

He effectively has a goal involvement im every other game in the spl at the moment and could finish the season with a better goal and asissts record than any of our current wingers. Not saying that makes him better but its remarkable considering.

some of the Aberdeen fans are saying he is the best player they have seen at them in their lifetime. Granted they have not been blessed with world beaters but still a fair complement. The biggest stumbling block would be the fee Aberdeen would want as they do not need to sell unless he wanted out.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64718704

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  13. Foley1888

Yeah being honest watching Duk, I have no doubt he could have an impact off the right, I just meant if we were signing him I suspect he would be bought to play there and provide cover for the other positions.

Although he isn’t tall he does bring physical attributes in his strength and pace, so aligns with the January recruitment efforts.

I do think he would want the move if we came calling. As you say not sure how much Aberdeen hold out for, as they didn’t pay anything for him from Benfica but they are due 50% of any sale.

That could work to our advantage as we could structure an offer with a modest upfront fee, but with performance related add ons and a 15-20% sell on against profit as it is often only the upfront fee that is subject to a sell on %.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Dominik Livaković is being linked to clubs in Turkey and Spain for fees between 10 and 14M euros. We could easily match this with the sale of just one of our assets, and I'd assume our initial budget is decently sized as well.

Yes, his ball-playing ability needs work. But at 28, he's not an old dog that can't improve- he's done that with claiming crosses. Meanwhile, he's the closest that exists to a prime Forster in shot-stopping ability.

Galatasaray want him after he saved Croatia's bacon in Turkey, enabling Kovačić to do his winning magic. We can offer a better atmosphere than the politically messy Turkey. Villarreal are currently out of the CL qualifying spots.

I'd like us to spend big on our next keeper.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  15. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Duk is 5'11. That is a good height for a winger/forward. And he has the build to go with it.

16. Luz1904

I fancied Duk's chances but he adapted to Scottish football quicker than I would imagine. Happy for him.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Duk is decent but I don't want him. We'll be aiming a lot higher..

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That Sigua boy looks promising..

Infact I had a few Georgians pop up on my YouTube suggestions the other day and some of them looked quality..

Giorgi Gocholeishvilli. 23 year old full back who's just signed a 5 year deal for Shakhter. Looks unreal..

Another i think looks really quality is Giorgi Moistrapishvilli. Moist and pish in the same name :56:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utCuBYTDA1I

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=giorgi+moistsrapishvili

21 year old box to box midfielder who scores and creates bundles. Deffo gonna get picked up by a decent club soon. Has 2 goals and an assist in 3 games this season already and 7 goals, 8 assists in 30 last..

Another versatile youngster Nike Khorkeli. 21 with pace and good numbers. Has 2 in 5 this season and 9 goals, 5 assists in 30 last..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9VutP1B8I

Giorgi Kvernadze

20 year old, left footed striker who's a big lump and versatile..

Lot of talent coming through these regions now and just gotta hope you can bag the next Kvaratskhelia..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    Foley1888 likes this.
  19. Foley1888

Yeah I think Sigua looks a real talent with some cracking physical attributes. I spotted this on Twitter this morning and that further makes me think he could be a good Reo Hatate understudy.

He seems to have really good ball carrying capabilities.

It’s a pity the full back signed for Shakhtar as he looks a unit and some player.

“Moist Pish” looks a player too, similar to Sigua he has good physical stats and looks to have good technical ability.

I agree Georgia does seem to be developing some real good players the now, their keeper is good but at Valencia, as is the striker Mikautadze at Metz.

All for getting a Georgian in, I don’t think we have had one yet at Celtic?

The benefit to getting Sigua is if we sign him in June he turns 18 next season would count as B list eligible and by the time he is 21, he would count as home grown for the Euro squads.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As said above Duk I would like, looks a good player with plenty of attributes.

If abada goes you get him for a couple of million.