1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

His feet are magic. His pace let's him down. He's too good not to start though.

Artorias likes this.
  2. PaddyJamieson

If he had an engine or proper acceleration he'd be at a top 4 EPL club.

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He needs more game time as this guy is special.

4. highheidyin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG
    He is one of the most exciting players on the park - I find myself wishing he would get the ball just so I can see what he is gonna do with it lol

5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I think games at home he could play behind the striker instead of having orielly or turnbull in midfield. Calmac hatate haksa would demolish most spl teams. Got great feet and can score with both sides. I'd give it a go

ynwa1987 and gazb1888 like this.
  6. Hydrobhoy

hes had starts he just doesn't take them but off the bench what a sub to have. he has to try and make that kind of impact when starting games. it's like he can't get away from being an immense impact sub.

7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What an option to bring on late in the Game Flawless with the ball at his feet

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Would have brought him on instead of * Turnbull yesterday. There was really no need to play a sitting midfielder while they were down to 10 men.

Crilly, greengrocer and gazb1888 like this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s far better in the midfield role and getting to roam around, frees him up from being stuck outwide as you know he’s not quite got the pace to go down the outside all the time.

If Jota had laid it off to him he would of had 2 yesterday.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I honestly think the manager probably doesn't really like his attitude but likes him as a player, the way Ange talks about never stopping, like his players fit, seems a bit old school and probably thinks players are lucky to have these kind of jobs and should be giving their all.

Seeing Haksabanovic warming up in a tammy and big thick coat down to his knees he probably thinks "look at this *".

He also seems a bit lazy, you can get a laugh at his waming up sneakily doing nearly nothing and always looking at the bench to see if he's being watched.

But he is a quality player and always does well on the park, just is one of those players who you can tell by the way he mopes about warming up he probably trains like that and is likely known as the worse trainer in the squad. I think giving him very few minutes is Ange making it known he should be doing more.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Proper burst out laughing reading this :giggle1:

AussieGreek likes this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Ange has praised his attitude and training multiple times though

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's metaphorically banging on the manager's door for a start with the impact he's having. I'd love to see more of him.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE matches that Sead Haksabanovic will be involved in during the international break promise to be intense and demanding for a number of different reasons.

The Celtic forward will be under pressure to help Montenegro, who have never before made it through to the finals of a major tournament, get their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign off to a successful start against Bulgaria in Razgrad on Friday night.

The Group G meeting with Serbia, who his adopted homeland played alongside until they declared their independence in 2006, in Podgorica a week today will also be an interesting outing for the Swedish-born footballer.

Yet, the 29-times capped 23-year-old, who netted another spectacular goal in the 3-1 cinch Premiership triumph over Hibernian at Parkhead on Saturday, is confident that he will be able to cope with whatever comes his way.

Since joining the Scottish champions from Russian outfit Rubin Kazan in August, Haksabanovic has featured in Champions League games against RB Leipzig, Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk as well as in the Viaplay Cup final win over Rangers at Hampden.

He believes those experiences and others like them have prepared him for anything.

warm. It’s always nice to go away and see different faces and get a different energy.

“It is a big spell coming up. Some more game time in my legs is always good. You get better with the more game time you get. Hopefully I can start one game and play 90 minutes.

“There are some big games coming up with Celtic. But for now I’m just focusing on the national team and trying to come back with some more confidence. We’ll talk about what happens after that that when it comes.”

Haksabanovic added: “Serbia could be quite an interesting game. It will be the first time I have played against them. I look forward to it. It’s always nice playing in a derby or a big game.

“I haven’t been involved in one with the national team. I think it will be good and the atmosphere will be good. But I don’t think you can beat the atmosphere at Celtic Park.”

The Celtic fans inside a packed Parkhead grew more and more restless as the clock ticked down in the second-half of the Premiership encounter with Hibs on Saturday; Ange Postecoglou’s team were drawing 1-1 with Lee Johnson’s side entering the closing stages.

But Hyeon-gyu Oh netted a diving header at a David Turnbull corner with nine minutes remaining and then Haksabanovic curled beyond David Marshall in injury-time to secure another three points and restore their nine point advantage over Rangers at the top of the table.

The former Halmstads, West Ham United, Malaga, IFK Norrkoping, Rubin Kazan and Djurgardens man was always confident his side would prevail. He has seen them do it on countless occasions in the past seven months and thinks it is a huge strength.

“Hibs made it hard for us,” he said. “They scored then they slowed the game down. But we managed to focus on what we should do and we did it well and got the win in the end.

Our mentality is very good on the pitch. We believe in the way the manager wants us to play and wants us to do things and we believe in each other because we know we have good quality.

“We have quality that can do something in the last minutes and maybe score a goal or make an assist. We know everyone in the team wants to do that.”

The substitutes Postecoglou threw on against Hibs in the second-half – he freshened up his team with Liel Abada, Alexandro Bernabei, Haksabanovic, Oh and Turnbull – ultimately secured a hard-fought three points which restored the nine point lead over Rangers at the top of the table.

“We have such a big squad,” said the Montenegrin. “We can put any player out there and they will do well. It doesn’t matter if we start or come from the bench, we all want to play and want to show the manager we want to play and help the team.

“I concentrate on trying to score or assist. That’s my game, that’s what I want to do. I was very happy to score at home. I haven’t scored in an away game yet, but hopefully that will come. I’m enjoying myself here in front of our fans.

“Strikers get more opportunities here than they did at my last clubs. We play in a way our strikers can get more chances to go one against one and do the stuff we like. I’m enjoying the time here. I love the way we play so I’d say for a striker like me it is very good to be here.”

Oh, the South Korean internationalist who joined Celtic in a £2.5 move from Suwon Samsung Bluewings in his homeland in January, is certainly enjoying his new surroundings and Haksabanovic is relishing playing and training with the powerfully-built predator.

“He’s a very good player,” he said. “He’s scored some goals and shown that he’s a very good player. But he’s a better guy. He likes talking to everyone, he has good English, he’s trying to come into the team and I think he’s very happy here.”

Celtic supporters were deeply unhappy about the penalty, which Josh Campbell duly converted, that Steven McLean awarded Hibs after a VAR check six minutes before half-time. No fewer than seven of the 21 goals they have conceded in the top flight this term have come from spot kicks.

But the match official was correct. Carl Starfelt had pulled the shirt of Paul Hanlon as his fellow centre half had attempted to win the ball in his area. The Swede’s actions could have cost his side dear if there had not been another re-run of the Late, Late Show at Parkhead.

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Deffo a number 10 type player with that something special about him.

Absolute amazing option to have.

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I thought he was around 27. Only 23!? Should be a more long term option for us, with more playing time.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes only 23!?! Wow.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Some imagination.

If any of that was true, he wouldn’t be in the squad at all.

HoopyT and Crilly like this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Started for Montenegro. On ViaPlay just now

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Off at half time, hopefully not an injury?