1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2023

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by GavCFC1, Nov 8, 2022.

Discuss Football Manager 2023 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Out of interest, could you please show screenshots? I don't have the game, but I'm curious about how SI do players from Japan. They can't get the rights to J-League so it's basically non-existent to them.

2. M 67

I’ve loaded up around 10 different saves and their stats are different each time (well, things like determination etc vary massively)

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sexy that.

kinglenny likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The game is so cleverly accurate asked the director to deal with signing holm who’s valued at 4 million he gets him for 2.5 million …. What we paid in real life I then got Yang hun from gangwon they accepted bud but wanted him back for year …. Something they wanted when we spoke with then to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is the first FM I’ve played since 12 or 13 I think. Started a save with Wrexham and having great fun.

First season wasn’t so great, only finished 4th in the league and then started my second season quite poorly again so decided to do a bit of reading for tips online and a few tweaks/signings sorted me out and walked the league in the end. Got to the FA trophy final and got absolutely humped 5-2 against Solihull which was a disaster. Not really sure what happened but there was a big gap between my last league game and the final and I never organised a friendly so I’m guessing my players were lacking sharpness.

In my third season now I only have about 9 league games left in league 2 and the title is all but secured and I’m in the semi final of the EFL trophy. Got to the third round of the league cup and Leicester beat me 2-0 and Wigan knocked me out of the 1st round of the FA cup 2-1 although ended up beating them 4-1 in the EFL cup.

Aim is to eventually win the CL. Forgot how addictive this game could be.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

First time I’ve played this since like FM13 or something. Enjoying it so far. Started one with Celtic but I was * all over the league and top of CL group so got bored very quickly.

Now started one with Blackburn in the Championship. Sold Ben Brereton-Diaz for £18m and then realised they only gave me 10% into my transfer budget.

Had to settle for getting Dale Stephens, Danny Rose and Sammy Ameobi in on freebies as rotation options. Also replaced Diaz with Evan Ferguson on loan. He’s not been great so far.

Had an absolute shocker of a start to the season. No wins after 9. Tinkered with my tactics plenty and eventually settled on a 4231 gegenpress with a ball winner and deep lying playmaker as the 2.

Won 3 and drew 3 of my last 6. Back on track a wee bit. Board have been threatening to sack me already :giggle1: Enjoying the challenge though and have quite a few promising players out on loan and in my team. Just hoping I can stave off the sack :giggle1:

Anyone been playing at all? The FM thread on here was absolutely hopping back in the day

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Last two seasons I've barely managed to play.
    To the extent, I've not even managed to get in to October of season one in the last game that came out.

Love the game as well, but my time to dedicate to gaming, let alone an FM save is next to zero.

Need to reorganize.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Slaw likes this.
  9. M 67

Evans is * as determination is a really big factor, and his is like 4 outta 20. I always go for high determination players (they develop better, play better, and match my squad personalities better). That stat has became much more important since FM13, so maybe explains why he’s not been great for you

Slaw likes this.
  10. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    If you change a player status to loan .teams come in for them then change it to transfer and add an extra 10 million onto ho much your looking the team will pay a couple of miion over the odds and take him off your books.good for getting rid of the likes of Mccarthy and starfelt and the deadwood

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I havebt played in a while since I last posted.

I've well over 400 hours on this year's though, I'm onto my 8th season with celtic. About to break FFP rules though so might be time to bail..

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s doing the job, 12 goals by the new year isn’t too bad. But yeah the determination stat kills him.

Now 9 wins and 5 draws from my last 14 games and into the league cup QF. What a team. What a team (think Neil Lennon)

13. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    FM24 beta dropping today \o/

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  14. calmac23

Wonder if any of our players will get a big improvement. Abada was incredible on last year's game.

15. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Beta out now. :party048:

16. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    upload_2023-10-20_16-37-54.png

Did a hun do Yang's technical stats on FM24?

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Whos our highest rated players. Could
    Somebody do some screenshots if its not too much bother

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Got sacked on that Blackburn save, ended up starting fresh with Bristol City. Took 3 seasons but now finally in the prem after missing out in the playoffs the season before.. teams looking fresh.

I actually won the FA Cup in my first season and finished 11th in the Championship :giggle1: Second season was an absolute nightmare for schedules as I was in the Europa League and ended up topping the group before going out to Sociedad in the last 16. Could only muster 6th then and beaten by a strong Leicester team in the playoff semis

Done some really good business in the last season or two though. Sold Alex Scott (fm wonderkid who starts at Bristol) for £20m to Boro to fund a squad overhaul. They ended up relegated from the prem that season and I snapped him back up for £15m (relegation release clause). He’s magic.

Jordan Siebatcheu and Rhian Brewster came in for £12m total and fired me most of the way to promotion. Sold Brewster then for £32m and got Liam Delap for £13m.

have all of my budget spent now in August of my fourth season (first season in prem)

- Evan Ferguson £28m (his determination is 15 now? It was 4 in my previous game so not sure if they adjusted that or what)

- Robert Sanchez £13m

- Odin Holm £1.5m (absolute bargaaaiiin)

- Yan Couto £5.5m

- Cuello (18 y/o regen CB, just got his first Argentina cap, value is £60m) £7m

team now is this (I play a narrow 41212 with a half back in DM which makes it a sort of 5-3-2 variation, never had a winger since day 1 in the squad lol)

R. Sanchez
    TiagoSantos Cuello Hoedt J.Zemura
    Essugo(quality 20 y/o from S.Lisbon)
    Scott Loftus-Cheek
    Holm
    Delap Ferguson

Cuoto
    Angel (decent lb)
    Van Hecke
    Antonio Blanco
    Winks
    Dele Alli
    J. Siebatcheu

definitely fancy staying up this season, would take that in a heartbeat anyway :giggle1:

Made some really key free signings and loans to make sure I got promoted last season:

Loftus Cheek (free)
    Winks (free)
    Dele (free)
    Ethan Laird (loan)
    Tyrese Campbell (loan)
    Holm (loan)
    Delap (loan)
    Van Hecke (loan)

Think smart loans and freebies are the key to promotion from that * of a league. Dele Ali has been pretty class by the way, recommend picking him up

Landry N'guemo likes this.
  19. mayo

Finished work now for 2 weeks. Haven’t played this in about ten years. Seriously tempted to get fm24 to keep me entertained and away from the pub :56:

Would you guys recommend and any tips starting off with Celtic?

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Got FM24 for the PS5. Weird playing it on console but really enjoying it so far.

Doing a save with Bayer Leverkusen and Frimpong is unreal.

Landry N'guemo likes this.