1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

first visit to Celtic park

Discussion in 'Newbies & FAQ' started by Thomps, Feb 10, 2023.

Discuss first visit to Celtic park in the Newbies & FAQ area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Thomps

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good morning.

Finally making the trip over from Canada to see the Hoops at CP in March. Looking to be there for the game on the 18th vs. Hibs.
    We are still putting together our itinerary, but at this point it looks like we will be in Glasgow from the 15-19, staying near the city center.

Any suggestions for match day? walk/transit to the game? routes to take, etc. We are still looking into getting tickets so any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have my 16 y/o son with me as well & I'm really looking forward to making this a trip to remember

Cheers

J

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You could walk along the Gallowgate to the game from the city centre, stopping at pubs on the way. The walk takes about 40 minutes. Alternatively you can get a bus along to the stadium. Haven’t lived in Glasgow for years but from memory the 61, 54 and 240 and 255 buses all go past Parkhead. I’m sure @Tony Ralston could confirm.

As for tickets keep checking the Celtic website and if that doesn’t work out, ask on here as there are a few members who might be able to help you out.

Thomps likes this.
  3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The walk up along from Central and through the Gallowgate, past Bairds etc is a rite of passage every Celtic fan should do at least once, no matter how close or far away. Did the same my first treks to Paradise and am sure pretty much everyone on here has done likewise. Won't be hard to do, as just follow all the Hoops, lol.

Sounds like you'll be in Glasgow for St Pats as well, so should be no shortage of things for to get upto whilst in town. There are loads of Celtic pubs in the Gallowgate area, but really should have no trouble finding some mischief to get upto.

If you wanted to enhance the trip to Paradise also, can look into the tour of the stadium that they do on non-matchdays. I don't know if you need to book for those - I've done it a couple of times and it was just a matter of being there at the right time (although that was like 2002 & 2004 and they did a couple per day but didn't have to book back then).

As for the tickets, the Celtic ticket office is the best bet. Should be on the website. :50:

Travel safe and am sure you'll have a great time. :)

4. Thomps

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thanks guys!
    I appreciate it.

Looking into tour at CP and following the website to see when tickets will get released. Still early days and making arrangements, but can't wait to take it all in.

Any other suggestions, Keep 'em coming!

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’ve aw changed, think it’s a 2 now, through the full east end upto the Forge and that.

They get really annoyed if you don’t know the paying by card protocol now as well:56:

6. Thomps

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

I checked the website this am, general tickets were sold out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could find 2 tickets?

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    @Lion1961 might be able to put you in touch with a couple of spares if you PM him.

Also keep in mind that if you go to the stadium an hour or two before the game there’s usually people selling spares (face value) there. You’ll see them standing near the ticket office or at the start of The Celtic Way.

Thomps likes this.
  8. celtic20

7 years old when my old man took me to Celtic Park for the first time.

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen - April 21st 2004.

Result was a bummer as think it brought a huge unbeaten run to an end at home. But remember being so so excited walking up the stairs in the Lisbon Lions stand and seeing the open space of the pitch come into view. It was absolutely beautiful and still sticks with me to this day.

And, of course, wondering why there was no commentator blaring over the speakers was another big question I had that day hahaha.

Always get chills when I see Parkhead just open up in front of me after coming up the stairs. That never leaves you I don't think.