1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Luke Mbete was gash at Huddersfield, their fans thought he’d won a raffle to play for them. I saw one of his games and I’ve never seen a player shrink so much with such an unbelievably poor performance, his first touch was diabolical. No way he cuts it at Celtic.

Some comments from their forum:

“Genuinely dreadful footballer. I know we were spoiled with Colwill last season & he was a tough act to follow, but Mbete was just astonishingly poor.”

“I have seen nothing to suggest he's good enough to play in the EFL at any level, let alone upper end 3rd tier.”

“Sadly will be remembered every time the nominations for worst all time Town XI are invited.”

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  2. Goggzy60

From what I have seen he had the physical attributes and just lacked confidence in himself, Huddersfield was his first run at “*” football thrown in at the deepens of the Championship. I think there’s much improvement in him but next to someone like CCV he’d hopefully have more confidence.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There was a lot of similar talk with CCV’s various different loans in the Championship as well

4. Goggzy60

Yeah and he’s been the best Crntre Back we have had since VVD.

5. Foley1888

If we were looking for a left sided centre back beyond Kobayashi I would go for Yann Aurel Bisseck at Aarhaus. He has been suggested here before.

He is a unit of a boy at about 6’5 but is very athletic with excellent pace and ball carrying ability out of defence. A bit like Ajer in that regard but naturally left sided. Is only 22 so would still hold good resale value.

6. Goggzy60

I saw him he’s the same age as Yuki so I went 1 younger (Yuki being the experienced one) and one older for experience

7. Foley1888

That is true but I do think they are very different players, all be it you would only play one.

What does worry me at CB, although Starfelt looked fine at right centre back when CCV was out but without CCV there is a bit of a physicality gap. Kobayashi not seen enough of him but he’s come from a less physical league, Welsh physicality is his main short coming.

So if we went for another CB I would like them to have a physical presence and capable of using it. Jenz had the build for it but wasn’t good at using it.

The other thing I like about Bisseck is his ball carrying ability as none of our centre backs are particularly good at that.

8. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    whichever 11 are on the pitch
    I am at all of AGFs home games, and Bisseck is a class above. Has a lovely long range pass and shot on him too. I would love him in the hoops, think AGF are looking at at least 7 million for him.

Foley1888 likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looks a prospect the boy, especially on a free..

Impressive..

10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He has pedigree in being an u/21 England representative, but it concerns me he couldn’t deal with the step up to * football at Huddersfield. No way would I want him as a backup here, it’d be a train wreck in Europe if he was to play because of injury.

11. Goggzy60

Huddersfield are dogshit I think he will do better at Bolton and expect more from him.

12. Foley1888

They got some deal on him getting him for under £1m.

On another topic of a new Goalkeeper Daniel Peretz at Maccabi Tel Aviv would be worth a look. He is only 22 but just been capped by Israel for the first time and has an impressive number of clean sheets and low goals conceded this season. He also has over 100 games under his belt in senior football at a young age.

He is very agile, has good reactions, quick off his line and good with the ball at his feet.

I think we will have our work cut out finding a new keeper to replace Hart that has all the attributes we want.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes they’ve been dogshit this year definitely. It’s a lower level for him so let’s see how he goes.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  15. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Gustav Isaksen, 21 year old right winger from FC Midtjylland. Didn't play against us in the CL qualifiers due to injury but looks decent. Left footed but looks equally as good on his right tbh.

Would probably cost a fair bit though.

16. Foley1888

Levi Garcia would be a good signing for us. He is a 25 year old left right winger/ Centre forward. Is around the 6 foot mark quick and capable of scoring all sorts of goals.

He has scored 11 in 20 and has 4 assists this season.

He moved to Alkmaar from his native Trinidad way back in 2016. It didn’t work out there and he ended up in Israel done well and got a move to AEK Athens.

Could see if they would take Barkas back as part of the deal as he done fine with them.

17. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Obed Vargas. 17 year old midfielder who is making the breakthrough at Seattle but reading good things about him.

Looks raw and quite lightweight as you'd expect from a young player, but looks quick and tenacious with an eye for a pass.

One that could be worth keeping an eye on.

18. Foley1888

See even at that you would easily double your money in a season or two if he keeps developing given he is still young.

If we lost Starfelt he would be top of my list to replace him. He has all the positive attributes Starfelt has and more, good pace, strong in the air but more comfortable on the ball.

CCV and Bisseck would be some CB pairing.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

20. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think we should start looking at the Japanese league.. apparently some of them are a bit good. :Kyogo::ange2:

Rydo1888* likes this.