1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Obviously bound for the Mu Mu land

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Already there man, the meek have inherited Coatbridge

littlekennie and NomDePlum like this.
  3. Derrybhoy1

This is all because boys from Scotland are tight with their money. Maniacs.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Well aren’t you quite the hero. Swooping in to save TCs damsels.

I’ll continue doing my thing if it’s all the same to you.

5. AussieGreek

Ange has repeatedly said he we will not hang onto those who want away, has warned us fans to not become overly attached to players, and has stressed to players that they have something really good here. The moment GG was not happy with his improved contract, the best thing was to move him on quickly. Last thing we need when things are going so well is to have one big moody("passionate") Greek stinking up the place.

I love big GG and wish things worked out in a way that he was happy to stay, but it hasn't worked out. I also don't know why people were expecting a bigger fee for him. Will be 29 this year, is at his absolute peak, and should be very thankful that he had the opportunity to come to Celtic, win a couple of trophies and get a taste of Champions League football, something he would never experience in his career if it wasn't for Ange and Celtic.

He leaves Celtic as a hero and is remembered for stepping up when Kyogo was out and took us over the line to win a title that I believe has halted the resurrection of Rangers as a serious force to compete with Celtic again in Scotland.

Oh, at least in the preliminary, seems to be capable of doing what GG offers, with a huge margin for growth and improvement.

Overall, given the situation, Celtic and Ange has handled this as best as could, especially with Oh in the door and making a small profit from GG when we really had no right too as he could have easily decided to sit here for several more years and wind down his contract, which I also wouldn't want.

martin_d likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Heartbreaking but let the big man go with our blessings.

8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Anthony Joseph knows as much as the sausages on Kerrydale Street pretend they know.

Carrot hasn’t got a * clue.

The Phoenix, Rydo1888* and Skelleto like this.
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    End up at Millwall :fear:

10. celtic warrior

At this point with the random club generator that Giakoumakis seems to be attached to I wouldn't be surprised

Luis1967 and MickeyyMack like this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Getting a bit boring now. Just * sign for someone.

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I hope he puts in a bit of effort to keep CCV & Jota if there was ever any mention of a move. It’s all fair and well ushering folk out the door if they want a move but guys like CCV can’t be found in the J league or any league for that matter. The 2 mentioned above are definitely worth offering more money too when the time comes.

AussieGreek and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I understand moving on a player if they want to leave, but nothing will convince me we shouldn’t have better than the reported fee. Feels like a step backwards in terms of maximising player valuation.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  14. AussieGreek

GG was never intended as a moneymaker for us. He came up as someone on Ange's radar who could come here quickly and do a job. He did. I never expected we would make money from him and I'm surprised to hear that some people did. The fact we are making any profit from him and replacing him with someone who has similar attributes but the growth to be a real moneymaker and much better makes me more excited then keeping GG around.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    This is just proving the point, mate. Nae need for the continually sarcy, bitchy attitude.

Taylor1 likes this.
  16. Lewis Kerr

Same. I feel like Giakoumakis has gotten better and better the longer he's been out.

Should he have started more this season? Yes. Does he have attributes that I prefer over Kyogo in some games? Again yes.

But he's a very limited footballer who, like many in the squad, is someone we can definitely upgrade on. He goes with my best wishes but I won't lose any sleep over it.

George Theodorou and FranceCelt like this.
  17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Intentions and expectations change.

Nobody is convincing me that it’s anything other than poor business in terms of fee and ability.

18. AussieGreek

A player is only as valuable as a club is willing to pay. GG wanted away despite having no clubs sniffing around to begin with. There's nothing Ange or the board can do about that, and ultimately since GG announced he wanted away, we have to contend with whatever we're offered. Better for him to be off, make some profit, then him stinking the place out eventually when he drops down to third choice behind Oh - and according to Oh, interest in him has existed since September, and GG probably knew this would be the case whether it was Oh or Cho or whoever else.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Im aware of all this, but we absolutely don’t have to just accept whatever we’re offered. We have a degree of power, even if the player wants to leave.

Again, there’s simply no way I’m going to be convinced that the quoted fee is good for last seasons top goalscorer. I also think it’s very optimistic to assume that the new lad will be equally as capable.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Neither is there a need for you to fight Taylors battles for him. Or maybe there is as I see he liked your post.

I honestly couldn't give a * what anybody thinks of me on here. I'm the same in real life. I speak my mind and tell people exactly what I think of them.

What I end up with is surrounded by people who like me for me, and a serious lack of fools in my life because I don't suffer them.